What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Basketball Season Tickets (sold out 10/4)

I actually never tried to sell. Might do the stubhub thing this year.

I still have Maryland tickets, and scalp most games, and typically double my money. Problem with stubhub and selling online is you dont know who the tickets are going to, and can almost guarantee they are going to the visitors.

I actually never tried to sell. Might do the stubhub thing this year.

The foundation also has a set-up when you can gift ones you know you cant use back and get that as a gift in kind tax credit.

I did it with my Utah football tickets and parking pass and got like $200 back.

Re: 2013 Basketball Season Tickets

I still have Maryland tickets, and scalp most games, and typically double my money. Problem with stubhub and selling online is you dont know who the tickets are going to, and can almost guarantee they are going to the visitors.

So you are saying don't get cu tickets and get Maryland instead.

Might be worth much more in a few years, they still got a ways to go to get back late-Cole/early-Comcast levels.

I wonder how that compares to similar places? (teams that are 15-30, recent success, but haven't made the tourney most years). Still no parking costs right? My guess is that's next with any success.

I'll find out for Wisconsin. Not exactly comparable as they have the fourth longest streak of making the tournament (Kansas 24, Duke 18, Michigan State 16, Wisconsin 15, Gonzaga 15) but they are always 10-25 and never really a legitimate candidate to win it. My hunch is they are a hell of a lot more expensive, maybe double CU's prices.

The cheapest Wisconsin season ticket last year was $418, well above what CU is charging this year

Re: 2013 Basketball Season Tickets

I renewed two tickets in the corner for $347 total 24 rows up. This is the cheapest ticket for value in the state.

I wonder when they are going to catch on. Those corner tickets are dirt cheap. You can almost be on the floor for the same price as 35 rows up in those corners.

My price for three seats in section 9 bleachers almost doubled. They were way underpriced the last couple of years, though...

So you are saying don't get cu tickets and get Maryland instead.

I have both, but havent made it to a Maryland game in a few years, I have to say I am curious what the marketability of my tickets will be with the move to the Big10, but I am not too worried. Basically at Maryland to be elligable to buy tickets you have to make donations to the Terp Club, bigger the donation, better the seats. A family friend is a big doner, but only for Football, I then got the rights for the Basketball tickets, so I dont really want to give them up as they are pretty good seats.

Might be worth much more in a few years, they still got a ways to go to get back late-Cole/early-Comcast levels.

I prefered Cole fieldhouse over Comcast as it had more of a college feel, but even in the past few years with crappy teams, there has been a decent market for the tickets. But yes, you are right, back in the day they were cash cows, but then again that is when I was at Maryland, so I rarely sold the tickets.

I have both, but havent made it to a Maryland game in a few years, I have to say I am curious what the marketability of my tickets will be with the move to the Big10, but I am not too worried. Basically at Maryland to be elligable to buy tickets you have to make donations to the Terp Club, bigger the donation, better the seats. A family friend is a big doner, but only for Football, I then got the rights for the Basketball tickets, so I dont really want to give them up as they are pretty good seats.

I prefered Cole fieldhouse over Comcast as it had more of a college feel, but even in the past few years with crappy teams, there has been a decent market for the tickets. But yes, you are right, back in the day they were cash cows, but then again that is when I was at Maryland, so I rarely sold the tickets.
My guess is during the initial honeymoon, it will go up as people will want to go to Michigan State, Indiana, etc, but if things aren't going well, it will fall. You won't have the same demand with any of the games unless a rivalry develops like you did for Duke.

I don't think that's the case with Maryland anymore. Ive seen ticket packages on sale without any donation. For the premium seats, sure, you need to donate, but that's everywhere. They used to sell out all the ACC games pre-season.

I also preferred Cole even if I like the modern amenities of Comcast. One of the reasons I don't want to see a substantial renovation to Coors. I think it gives a home court that is unmatched by more recent facilities.

My guess is during the initial honeymoon, it will go up as people will want to go to Michigan State, Indiana, etc, but if things aren't going well, it will fall. You won't have the same demand with any of the games unless a rivalry develops like you did for Duke.

I don't think that's the case with Maryland anymore. Ive seen ticket packages on sale without any donation. For the premium seats, sure, you need to donate, but that's everywhere. They used to sell out all the ACC games pre-season.

I also preferred Cole even if I like the modern amenities of Comcast. One of the reasons I don't want to see a substantial renovation to Coors. I think it gives a home court that is unmatched by more recent facilities.

I suspect exactly that, but overall, as long as I at least come close to breaking even, I am good with my investment. There is a decent chance I will be relocated back to the DC area at some point.

I think this is a good case study for what not to do. Maryland looked at all the DC cash, and tried to cash in on it by building a fancy NBA like stadium. It is really nice, but definatly has that corporiate feel. In time we may move on from Coors, and I hope that CU doesnt get the same ideas and move the stadium off campus, trying to attract big money. But whatever they do, keeping the college feel is something important to me.

2013 Basketball Season Tickets

Just renewed my three tickets. Still a bargain.

And I'll echo what Goose said about anybody who sells their KU tickets. Don't even think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Just renewed my three tickets. Still a bargain.

And I'll echo what Goose said about anybody who sells their KU tickets. Don't even think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Seriously. if you are going to sell during the kansas game, meet them in person. If they are kansas fans, demand that they burn all the KU gear they brought in front of you before you give them the tickets. Then, after their tokens of love for the fake bird are ashes, tell them that's what is going to happen to their team in the keg, and walk away.

I think that we should get a campaign going with the school. The school should buy tickets from anyone that is thinking of selling to KU fans for 25% more as an incentive not to sell. Or at least so the school can purchase them and resell them to Colorado fans. I know this is not reality, but would be cool.

I think that we should get a campaign going with the school. The school should buy tickets from anyone that is thinking of selling to KU fans for 25% more as an incentive not to sell. Or at least so the school can purchase them and resell them to Colorado fans. I know this is not reality, but would be cool.

Or we just let Rumblin' with the pitchfork take care of the problem himself.

Or we just let Rumblin' with the pitchfork take care of the problem himself.

if I see any Kansas fans directly around me, the normal season tickets holders are going to get beat down as soon as they go to the next game.

Kind of a intersting idea, but at what price would you not be able to resist selling them to an opposing fan? $50, $100, $1000?

I know everyone here is saying that they would never sell their seats to a KU fan, but I highly doubt that given the right price they wouldnt do it, so what is the right price?

At some point, even if you are not interested in the actual money for yourself, the program would benifit more from you giving them a check than being there chearing them on.

if I see any Kansas fans directly around me, the normal season tickets holders are going to get beat down as soon as they go to the next game.

Absolutely, make a public spectacle of them at the next game. Boo them loudly and yell something like "this loser sold his tickets to a KU fan!"

Kind of a intersting idea, but at what price would you not be able to resist selling them to an opposing fan? $50, $100, $1000?

I know everyone here is saying that they would never sell their seats to a KU fan, but I highly doubt that given the right price they wouldnt do it, so what is the right price?

At some point, even if you are not interested in the actual money for yourself, the program would benifit more from you giving them a check than being there chearing them on.

it would take way more than $100 for me to sell my tickets to a kansas fan. I guess for $1000 each, I would think really hard about it.

it would take way more than $100 for me to sell my tickets to a kansas fan. I guess for $1000 each, I would think really hard about it.
I would do it. Take half and donate $500 to CU. That money is worth a lot more to Tad than a couple KU fans.

I think CU should track people who sell their seats to opposing fans and move them to less desirable seats the following season.

That's my argument. Why not try to start a petition or something. Suggest the idea to the CUnit and have them run with it. The school listens to what they have to say.

Hypothetically you have tickets and a KU fan offers you $500 a piece, which let's be honest almost everyone would take. Have a website or # that you can go to and sell them to Colorado for $625 a piece or a 25% increase. Then Colorado can resell them to boosters as donations. That way we clear out all the KU filth that ruins the KEG. I also wanted to note that yes it would be hard to do because anyone could go and say "someone offered me $1500 a piece." But in my imaginary world it would work out just fine.

I guess Goose is going to permaban me now. I have a good friend that is a KU alum and I've invited him to the game. I wasn't going to say anything but Sacky sits right behind me so I would have been exposed anyway. I did specify that he is not allowed to wear his colors if that helps. I want to see him cry when we win! See you guys, it's been fun.

I guess Goose is going to permaban me now. I have a good friend that is a KU alum and I've invited him to the game. I wasn't going to say anything but Sacky sits right behind me so I would have been exposed anyway. I did specify that he is not allowed to wear his colors if that helps. I want to see him cry when we win! See you guys, it's been fun.

How long have you been friends?

I have no problem taking a friend to a game. I have a huge problem with selling your seat to an opposing fan. I understand that you have a right to do that, however, I believe there should be consequences.

Back