What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Basketball Season Tickets (sold out 10/4)

I'll gladly pay more if they're a better team. I'm just pumped to have a team worthy of sports talk!

Just about everyone agrees. They raised ticket prices and it opened nothing up in my quest for getting an extra seat together with the 2 I have. The option the gave me was to move off the aisle and up to bleacher seating. Thanks, but no thanks.

I was actually talking to a friend last week about CU basketball and we realized that outside of the Broncos, you can argue that they're the best sports team in the state. Avs are rebuilding. Rockies suck. Nuggets are going to regress (thanks Joshy). None of the three football teams are that good. Honestly, the only team that may be as good as CU's men's team?

CU's womens team.

I'm guessing you're purposely excluding XC and skiing, only focusing on the major sports. However, don't forget DU hockey (there's other good college teams in state as well).

I'm guessing you're purposely excluding XC and skiing, only focusing on the major sports. However, don't forget DU hockey (there's other good college teams in state as well).

I was only going with "major", but did forget about DU. Good call.

I got a call for upgrades it went something like this.
CU "Yeah, we are calling you about your request to upgrade"
Me "What is available"
CU "Ten rows behind where you currently sit"
Me "Anything else"
CU "Nope"
Me "Well after careful consideration, I think I'll keep my current seats"

Re: 2013 Basketball Season Tickets

I got a call for upgrades it went something like this.
CU "Yeah, we are calling you about your request to upgrade"
Me "What is available"
CU "Ten rows behind where you currently sit"
Me "Anything else"
CU "Nope"
Me "Well after careful consideration, I think I'll keep my current seats"

Did you ask why they are calling you?

They may need to think about sliding people around a bit to open up more opportunities for 2 seats together. It's mostly random singles dotted around the arena.

They may need to think about sliding people around a bit to open up more opportunities for 2 seats together. It's mostly random singles dotted around the arena.

Teams hate random singles. When I was buying tickets to go to a game at Yankee Stadium a few months ago. I couldn't buy two tickets, because it left a third seat unoccupied, so I had to buy "worse" seats(it wasn't that much of a difference).

Just got my Tickets! They are GA, but thats alright. I will probably end up in the Student Section anyway lol. Only sections 2,3,4 remaining.

I was actually talking to a friend last week about CU basketball and we realized that outside of the Broncos, you can argue that they're the best sports team in the state. Avs are rebuilding. Rockies suck. Nuggets are going to regress (thanks Joshy). None of the three football teams are that good. Honestly, the only team that may be as good as CU's men's team?

CU's womens team.

:dito:

You knew I'd agree!

Just got my tix as well - GA. Better than nothing. If you would have told me 8 years ago I'd have trouble getting GA tix to a cu mens bball game, I would have laughed in your face.

Just got my tix as well - GA. Better than nothing. If you would have told me 8 years ago I'd have trouble getting GA tix to a cu mens bball game, I would have laughed in your face.
Yeah it's hard to believe, not to mention if you had said Kansas wasn't going to be a game on a yearly basis. (Yes I know they play this year, but it would've been a problem regardless)

Yeah it's hard to believe, not to mention if you had said Kansas wasn't going to be a game on a yearly basis. (Yes I know they play this year, but it would've been a problem regardless)

Last year sales guys at my work were suddenly hounding my office trying to see if I had extra tickets. My tickets are just GA. Its nuts but I love it. The change in the energy at Coors from 09 to today is insane. I did not watch much of lady buffs until last season but they are also a lot of fun.

Last year sales guys at my work were suddenly hounding my office trying to see if I had extra tickets. My tickets are just GA. Its nuts but I love it. The change in the energy at Coors from 09 to today is insane. I did not watch much of lady buffs until last season but they are also a lot of fun.
5 years ago, you probably couldn't have given away those tickets.

No kidding. CU has gone from the cheap date tickets to the event you take a high level client too.

We just needed a winner. Boulder always struck me as a basketball town if CU could get things going.

We just needed a winner. Boulder always struck me as a basketball town if CU could get things going.
Really? You were way more optimistic than I was. I saw them listed last in some basketball culture rankings for the Big 12. I think you got the perfect storm going right now between football having never been worse(well atleast in recent memory) and basketball never been at a higher point (again in recent memory). I thought they could do better especially for in-conference play, but I didn't really think we'd be routinely selling out non-prime OOC games. When the KU game was announced, my thought process was we'd have a guaranteed non-conference sellout. While I'm happy it's on the schedule, I don't think it's as much as a necessity as it was a few years ago.

It's funny when I see criticisms of the attendance when it's "only" 90% filled. Only time I think I saw the bleachers end seats above the locker rooms filled was KU and the occasional top matchup.
Were you not at the U of A game last year. General Admission were going for at least 40 dollars a piece. I know this cause I sold two tickets for 90 bucks in General Admission.

Were you not at the U of A game last year. General Admission were going for at least 40 dollars a piece. I know this cause I sold two tickets for 90 bucks in General Admission.
Nope but I believe it, I hadn't anticipated a regular season matchup like that. I would've loved to have gone except for the fact I'm 2000 miles away and would've been a little hard to get there for a weeknight game.

Nope but I believe it, I hadn't anticipated a regular season matchup like that. I would've loved to have gone except for the fact I'm 2000 miles away and would've been a little hard to get there for a weeknight game.
Sorry I think I misread what you had said.

When John Elway starts purchasing court side seats, you know we have a buzz building in the region. We have NBA players coming on their off days. Wouldn't surprise me to see more Broncos show up for the top games. CU is primed to become a permanent fixture in the Colorado sports market. Very exciting time to be able to get season tickets, because after this year, they may be impossible to get.

When John Elway starts purchasing court side seats, you know we have a buzz building in the region. We have NBA players coming on their off days. Wouldn't surprise me to see more Broncos show up for the top games. CU is primed to become a permanent fixture in the Colorado sports market. Very exciting time to be able to get season tickets, because after this year, they may be impossible to get.

I do hope that as we continue to send players to the NBA the university continues to welcome them back with premium seats and recognition. Happen to get some OVs on games when drafted NBA Buffs are introduced....powerful tool right there.

I do hope that as we continue to send players to the NBA the university continues to welcome them back with premium seats and recognition. Happen to get some OVs on games when drafted NBA Buffs are introduced....powerful tool right there.
It's hard to believe that CU "biggest problem" right now is players leaving early.

Back