What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Charleston Southern Football Preview

RSSBot

News Junkie
Before the game Saturday, please remember to check out the open-door scrimmage the CU basketball programs are hosting at the CEC.* With the men hitting the court from 9-10:30, and the women from 10:30-11:30, it's an excellent opportunity to check out a pair of top-25 programs before the bright lights of the season are turned on.

I look at this as an attempt to replace Buffs Madness by capitalizing on the mass of people already on campus for football.* CU's version of a midnight madness event was well intentioned, but poorly advertised last fall, leaving whole swaths of the Events Center empty for the performance.* Despite a clarion call from Coach Boyle, a similar problem seems to be plaguing the scrimmage this go-around, leaving me to wonder why they don't plan these things father in advance.

Regardless, I'll be there bright and early Saturday morning.* Admission is free, though, since it's a football gameday, parking on campus is anything but.* For those who can't attend, I'll be live-tweeting the event, so be sure to follow me @Rumblinbuffalo.

--

The first attempt to play the 3rd and final non-conference game of the year was washed away with much of Boulder in last month's devastating flood.*

Replacing a canceled football game, which are often scheduled decades in advance, is not an easy thing to do, and the CU athletic department was put into scramble mode to replace it on the schedule.* To their credit, they managed the feat, first plowing through all available FBS options before finally settling on a tiny FCS school.* Bye-bye Fresno State, hello Charleston Southern.

That the Buffs were able to find anyone willing to shoehorn the game into their schedule on short notice in close to miracle.* That they got it done for the relatively paltry sum of $400,000 is a strong opening salvo fired from the Rick George regime.* Strong work from the fellow Son of Illinois.

Now, however, we come to the awkward point of actually playing that tiny FCS school smack-dab in the middle of a grueling Pac-12 campaign.* I'm sure the Buffs are eagerly anticipating a respite from 40-point in-conference drubbings, but I can't help but feel... underwhelmed by the challenge this week.* It's just hard to focus on #2 Oregon one week, only to turn around and see, of all things, the Charleston Southern Buccaneers rolling into town.* Hopefully, the team is more focused than I on the task at hand.

Kickoff from beautiful Folsom Field is set for high-noon on Saturday.* Television coverage can be found on Pac-12 Networks, with the radio call on 850 KOA.

Click below for the preview...

Read more »
4v6Cu8JOl6I

Before the game Saturday, please remember to check out the open-door scrimmage the CU basketball programs are hosting at the CEC.* With the men hitting the court from 9-10:30, and the women from 10:30-11:30, it's an excellent opportunity to check out a pair of top-25 programs before the bright lights of the season are turned on.

I look at this as an attempt to replace Buffs Madness by capitalizing on the mass of people already on campus for football.* CU's version of a midnight madness event was well intentioned, but poorly advertised last fall, leaving whole swaths of the Events Center empty for the performance.* Despite a clarion call from Coach Boyle, a similar problem seems to be plaguing the scrimmage this go-around, leaving me to wonder why they don't plan these things father in advance.

Regardless, I'll be there bright and early Saturday morning.* Admission is free, though, since it's a football gameday, parking on campus is anything but.* For those who can't attend, I'll be live-tweeting the event, so be sure to follow me @Rumblinbuffalo.

--

The first attempt to play the 3rd and final non-conference game of the year was washed away with much of Boulder in last month's devastating flood.*

Replacing a canceled football game, which are often scheduled decades in advance, is not an easy thing to do, and the CU athletic department was put into scramble mode to replace it on the schedule.* To their credit, they managed the feat, first plowing through all available FBS options before finally settling on a tiny FCS school.* Bye-bye Fresno State, hello Charleston Southern.

That the Buffs were able to find anyone willing to shoehorn the game into their schedule on short notice in close to miracle.* That they got it done for the relatively paltry sum of $400,000 is a strong opening salvo fired from the Rick George regime.* Strong work from the fellow Son of Illinois.

Now, however, we come to the awkward point of actually playing that tiny FCS school smack-dab in the middle of a grueling Pac-12 campaign.* I'm sure the Buffs are eagerly anticipating a respite from 40-point in-conference drubbings, but I can't help but feel... underwhelmed by the challenge this week.* It's just hard to focus on #2 Oregon one week, only to turn around and see, of all things, the Charleston Southern Buccaneers rolling into town.* Hopefully, the team is more focused than I on the task at hand.

Kickoff from beautiful Folsom Field is set for high-noon on Saturday.* Television coverage can be found on Pac-12 Networks, with the radio call on 850 KOA.

Click below for the preview...

Read more »
4v6Cu8JOl6I

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back