What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Colorado Football Roster (with '14 commits)

I would expect a minimum of 2 QB's to leave the program at the conclusion of spring. 1 from the group of 3 who played last year minimum.

There is a long list of guys buried on the depth chart by younger guys. We'll see what that depth chart looks like after spring ball.

We need attrition. Great that players were invited back and all commits were honored but what we need right now is scholarships.

Updated for today's signings.

We'll update with the walk-ons when they are announced for Spring ball along with anyone who we learn is coming as a PWO for Fall 2013.

It also had this:
Spring Walk-Ons
No. Player Pos. Ht. Wt. Class Exp. Hometown (High School/Previous College) Status
… CHRISTENSEN, Wesley WR 5-10 175 Jr. JC Chico, Calif. (Pleasant Valley/Butte) WO 3/2
Others TBD

Reactions: aik
Wood and Fernandez are listed as WO on the roster put out by the SID today: http://www.cubuffs.com/fls/600/football/signingday/2013/signing_day_notes.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=600
Also has this for totals: Base Spring Roster (97 players/71 scholarship)— 17 seniors, 29 juniors, 28 sophomores, 23 freshmen (18 redshirt/5 true).

So it puts us at a +4 if everyone were to enroll in the Fall and no attrition.

Thanks, Aero. Rep for the w/o info. What I find odd is that Embree gave Fernandez, Wood, and Josh Ford scholarships last August. It would seem weird if MM took those away but let a player Embree said would not be back like Darden stay with the team and keep his scholly. Especially since the 3 former walk ons were all in games last year.

Are Fernandez Ford and Wood on scholarship this year I thought Embree only gave them scholarships for last year?

Are Fernandez Ford and Wood on scholarship this year I thought Embree only gave them scholarships for last year?

http://buffzone.pmpblogs.com/2012/08/07/colorado-coach-jon-embree-awar/

Point taken, not sure what year(s) are specified. Just find it a little odd these guys all played last year and in the case of Ford may play more than some of the 3rd/4th/5th year players on scholarship. Then again the positions are TE/RB for these three, and we seem to have more than enough of each on scholarship for how many we will need on the field.

Last edited:
There are some positions on that chart that don't look pretty.

Some ugly gaps at LB, Safety, and DT. If we can survive this year we should be able to start getting things balanced out better.

Some ugly gaps at LB, Safety, and DT. If we can survive this year we should be able to start getting things balanced out better.
Those two plus OL. While we have some experience on OL we are really young. I hope MikeMac is a good a coach as I think he might be. 2013 might be pretty rough. We appear to have big numbers at LB, although a lot of youth. DT scares me.

We're still 3 scholarships over the limit for the fall. We need to expect more attrition.

Payne isn't listed on the cubuffs.com roster. They haven't announced anything, but that's not a good sign if we expect him back.

Opening post is now fully updated to account for the departure of Darden and also now includes the current Walk Ons (hat tip to Adam Munsterteiger).

My guess is there will be more attrition. Pure speculation on my part, but : Payne (discipline issues pending), Crowder, (can't shake the injury bug), Dorman (buried on depth chart), Wilson and Walker, who knows.

My guess is there will be more attrition. Pure speculation on my part, but : Payne (discipline issues pending), Crowder, (can't shake the injury bug), Dorman (buried on depth chart), Wilson and Walker, who knows.

Considering that we're 2 over right now but HCMM is targeting some JUCOs and transfers, you have to assume that there will be at least 3 or 4 scholarship guys moving on.

Alex Lewis removed from depth chart.

Still 1 over the scholarship limit.

Alex Lewis removed from depth chart.

Still 1 over the scholarship limit.
The official post spring roster has Ford, Fernandez, and A. Wood as walk-ons. It has 67 scholarship players (including Payne and Lewis). With 18 incoming that would give us 85. With Lewis leaving that puts us at 84.

The official post spring roster has Ford, Fernandez, and A. Wood as walk-ons. It has 67 scholarship players (including Payne and Lewis). With 18 incoming that would give us 85. With Lewis leaving that puts us at 84.

That report had numerous errors, though. Especially as it related to eligibility. I'm going by the one that's up on Rivals. Adam lives this stuff.

Updated to delete Davien Payne from the roster and add Isaac Miller & Grant Watanabe to the 2014 commits.

Bummer about Payne. I really liked him as a recruit and he seems like a good kid, just was dealt a bad hand in life. I hope he turns things around.

Back