What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Kansas Basketball Preview

RSSBot

News Junkie
"I will hurt you for this. I don't know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid." - Tyrion Lannister

The Kansas Jayhawks. *The gold-standard by which every Big 8/Big XII basketball team has ever been measured. *Colorado may have left the old conference affiliation behind, but it still means something to see that logo, and*those ****ing fans, come to town. *The pain, the suffering of being a die-hard Colorado Basketball fan was never more prevalent than those nights when CU hosted KU. *Sure, there was a chance to make a few minor headlines, but, for the most part, it was a humbling exhibition of just how far the program was from respectability.

Only driving home that point was the thousands of Jayhawk fans who would pack the CEC each and every year. *It was an exhibition for them, an opportunity to lustily cheer for their team on the cheap. *They owned the building, and they made it known. *Suddenly, those patrons who had been sleeping through games against UMES and Stetson showed up in blue and red, and rubbed it in that they*were members of the chosen fanbase. *That BuffNation wasn't worthy of even witnessing their pure version of the sport. *For good measure, a few rounds of that ****ing chant*on their way out the door ended all doubt.

I have been (im)patiently waiting for this game since the*day it was announced*(BLOOD AND REVENGE!). After years of frustration and humiliation, it seemed like one last chance to slay the mythical beast before he escaped for good. To spite those fans for punking the slow kid at the back of the basketball class. *Kansas is coming back to altitude... willingly!* And we no longer suck! *Could I be so lucky?!
Now, on the eve of that game I've been waiting for, and just under 4,000 days after CU's last victory over the blue-bloods of blue-bloods, one plea dominates my mind: don't let this opportunity slip away. Don't let that team*and those fans*get away clean. *Last year doesn't matter, the 39-122 history of this series doesn't matter. *Just win this one, please.

I'm not saying that CU*can*win, or that they*will*win. *I'm saying they*must*win. *The program needs this monkey off it's back to make a national statement that this is no fluke, that this*program*is for real. *A win tomorrow night will define this era of growth, with CU basketball fans in futures as of yet unimagined speaking of 12/7/2013 the way CU football fans today speak of 10/25/1986. *This is a new era, a new program - it deserves a capstone. *I don't care how, get it done.

--

Don't get frustrated when you see Kansas fans tomorrow.* Even with the season ticket sellout and the measures taken to stem the red and blue tide from slipping into the CEC, those assholes are still going to do their 'Jayhawk' thing and eat up seats.* A $200 after-market ticket to CU/KU at the CEC is still a cheaper* proposition for many local KU fanatics than a trip to Lawrence and a ticket to the Phog. *Still, if you have a ticket, but now don't think you can make, you better not sell it to some Jayhawk. *If you do, You might find an angry man with a pitchfork on your doorstep. *Do your duty, and sell to a Buff.

Tip-off from the CEC is set for 1:15 on Saturday. *It may be cold outside, but gym will be warm and toasty. Coverage for those unable to find a ticket can be found on ESPN2. *Mark Johnson and the radio call are on 850 KOA.

Click below for the preview...
Read more »
N8LrWb1AxdQ

"I will hurt you for this. I don't know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid." - Tyrion Lannister

The Kansas Jayhawks. *The gold-standard by which every Big 8/Big XII basketball team has ever been measured. *Colorado may have left the old conference affiliation behind, but it still means something to see that logo, and*those ****ing fans, come to town. *The pain, the suffering of being a die-hard Colorado Basketball fan was never more prevalent than those nights when CU hosted KU. *Sure, there was a chance to make a few minor headlines, but, for the most part, it was a humbling exhibition of just how far the program was from respectability.

Only driving home that point was the thousands of Jayhawk fans who would pack the CEC each and every year. *It was an exhibition for them, an opportunity to lustily cheer for their team on the cheap. *They owned the building, and they made it known. *Suddenly, those patrons who had been sleeping through games against UMES and Stetson showed up in blue and red, and rubbed it in that they*were members of the chosen fanbase. *That BuffNation wasn't worthy of even witnessing their pure version of the sport. *For good measure, a few rounds of that ****ing chant*on their way out the door ended all doubt.

I have been (im)patiently waiting for this game since the*day it was announced*(BLOOD AND REVENGE!). After years of frustration and humiliation, it seemed like one last chance to slay the mythical beast before he escaped for good. To spite those fans for punking the slow kid at the back of the basketball class. *Kansas is coming back to altitude... willingly!* And we no longer suck! *Could I be so lucky?!
Now, on the eve of that game I've been waiting for, and just under 4,000 days after CU's last victory over the blue-bloods of blue-bloods, one plea dominates my mind: don't let this opportunity slip away. Don't let that team*and those fans*get away clean. *Last year doesn't matter, the 39-122 history of this series doesn't matter. *Just win this one, please.

I'm not saying that CU*can*win, or that they*will*win. *I'm saying they*must*win. *The program needs this monkey off it's back to make a national statement that this is no fluke, that this*program*is for real. *A win tomorrow night will define this era of growth, with CU basketball fans in futures as of yet unimagined speaking of 12/7/2013 the way CU football fans today speak of 10/25/1986. *This is a new era, a new program - it deserves a capstone. *I don't care how, get it done.

--

Don't get frustrated when you see Kansas fans tomorrow.* Even with the season ticket sellout and the measures taken to stem the red and blue tide from slipping into the CEC, those assholes are still going to do their 'Jayhawk' thing and eat up seats.* A $200 after-market ticket to CU/KU at the CEC is still a cheaper* proposition for many local KU fanatics than a trip to Lawrence and a ticket to the Phog. *Still, if you have a ticket, but now don't think you can make, you better not sell it to some Jayhawk. *If you do, You might find an angry man with a pitchfork on your doorstep. *Do your duty, and sell to a Buff.

Tip-off from the CEC is set for 1:15 on Saturday. *It may be cold outside, but gym will be warm and toasty. Coverage for those unable to find a ticket can be found on ESPN2. *Mark Johnson and the radio call are on 850 KOA.

Click below for the preview...
Read more »
N8LrWb1AxdQ

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back