What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 MBB Recruit Profile Index

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Position
Name
State
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247s
Offer
Commitment
SF
Dakarai Allen
CA
4*
4*
4*
4*
Y
San Diego St
PG
Malcolm Allen
NV
3*
3*
2*
NR
Y
Stanford
SG
Marcus Allen
NV
3*
4*
2*
NR
Y
Stanford
SG
Sled Allen
TX
NR
NR
NR
NR
COLORADO (PWO)
PF
Jordan Bell
CA
4*
3*
3*
4*
Oregon
SG
Jabari Bird
CA
5*
5*
5*
4*
Y
Cal
PF
Zena Edosomwan
CA
4*
4*
4*
4*
Y
Harvard
SF
Tre'Shaun Fletcher
WA
3*
3*
3*
3*
Y
COLORADO
SG
Isaac Hamilton
CA
5*
5*
5*
5*
Y
UTEP
SF
Leyton Hammonds
TX
NR
NR
NR
4*
Y
Oklahoma State
SG
Jaron Hopkins
AZ
4*
4*
4*
4*
Y
COLORADO
SG
Carlton Hurst
CO
3*
NR
2*
NR
Colorado State
SF
Wesley Iwundu
TX
3*
3*
2*
NR
Y
Kansas State
PG
Jalen James
IL
4*
3*
3*
3*
Y
San Jose St
SF
Anthony January
CA
4*
3*
4*
4*
Y
UTEP
SG
Darin Johnson
CA
3*
4*
3*
NR
Y
Washington
SG
Matt Jones
TX
4*
5*
5*
4*
Y
Duke
PF
Torren Jones
AZ
3*
3*
3*
4*
Y
Missouri
PG
Zach LaVine
WA
4*
5*
4*
4*
Y
UCLA
PF
Marcus Lee
CA
4*
4*
4*
5*
Y
Kentucky
SG
Jordan Matthews
CA
3*
3*
2*
3*
Y
Cal
SG
Jelani Mitchell
CA
NR
3*
2*
NR
Y
SG
Rashad Muhammad
NV
3*
3*
2*
NR
Y
San Jose St
PF
Hunter Myers
NV
3*
3*
4*
NR
Y
Harvard
SG
Elliott Pitts
CA
3*
4*
4*
NR
Y
Arizona
PG
Austin Pope
CA
NR
NR
1*
NR
Y
SF
Roschon Prince
CA
4*
3*
3*
NR
Y
USC
PG
Brandon Randolph
CA
3*
4*
3*
NR
Xavier
SG
Tyree Robinson
CA
4*
4*
3*
3*
Y
Oregon
SG
Tyrell Robinson
CA
3*
3*
2*
NR
Y
Oregon
SF
Jordan Scott
CO
3*
2*
3*
NR
Idaho
SF
Jon Snow
CO
NR
NR
NR
NR
C
Lucas Strivins (juco)
AZ
NR
NR
NR
NR
SF
Nate Taphorn
IL
NR
3*
NR
NR
Y
Northwestern
PG
Jahmel Taylor
CA
3*
3*
2*
NR
Y
Washington
SG
Chris Thomas
FL
5*
5*
5*
5*
Y
Manhattan
PF
Dustin Thomas
TX
3*
NR
4*
3*
Y
COLORADO
SF
Paul Watson
AZ
3*
4*
3*
NR
Y
Fresno State

CU Official Visitors
Date
Position
Name
State
Offer
Commitment
9/1
SG
Jaron Hopkins
AZ
Y
Colorado
9/8
PF
Dustin Thomas
TX
Y
Colorado
9/28
SF
Tre'Shaun Fletcher
WA
Y
Colorado

2014 MBB Recruit Profile Index
2015 MBB Recruit Profile Index

Last edited by a moderator:
We're starting to see a lot of scouting of and offers to 2013 prospects, so I needed to get the database going. More player profiles will be added tonight.

I'm also going to get the 2014 Index going.

Hoopniks at the Rocky Mountain Fall Showcase:

6'3 SG Carlton Hurst of Aurora Central (CO) showing bounce and stuffing stat sheet so far in junior game.

Carlton's not in either Scout or Rivals' database, so I'm not going to start a thread yet, but it's a local kid to keep an eye on.

How's a player give up a scholarship?

Scholarships are year-to-year contracts. Chen transferred in with the understanding that he would be a walkon unless there was an open scholarship he could use each season. Last year and this year there were. Next year there isn't likely to be.

thx for the clarification... question on cain.... i thought he was on scholarship, quit, came back, is he still on scholarship?

Recruit Scoop:

2013 Teaneck (NJ) PF Neville Fincher went for 18 points & 11 rebounds today. UConn, Pitt, Nebraska, Colorado & more have recently seen him.

Fincher is unranked on Rivals, a 3* PF on Scout and 2* PF on ESPN. No offer from CU yet, and it might just be that we were there to scout his teammate Chris Jones (2012 SF), so I'm not throwing up a profile yet, but he's intriguing. From Rivals:

Neville Fincher, PF- The 6-foot-8 interior player from Teaneck (N.J.) High has really benefited from the Breakout Challenge setting. Playing away from his Playaz Basketball Club team, he's gotten the chance to stand out. He's high level as a rebounder, has length, athleticism and likes to play tough in the lane. His body should easily carry more weight and muscle. He's got offers from Towson and Robert Morris and mentioned that Tennessee, Oklahoma and others have started to sniff around.

ESPN:

Fincher is still raw, both from a skill and emotional standpoint, but his physical tools are undeniable and give him a very high upside if he can ever put all the pieces together. This young man bears watching closely. The fact that he has pivot moves and shows an intention to use them is huge in the evaluation. The end game is potential meeting production on the court.

Only offers right now are from Robert Morris and Towson.

All 2013 profiles are updated with current rankings & offers.

Time to snag two of those dudes. I would like Isaac and Jordan. Simple enough request, Tad. #dowork

We're now in the 2013 recruiting period officially. I have archived all 2012 threads and the 2013 ones are stickied.

It's unreal to me that we're now going after prospects of this caliber. A few years ago, when I was doing the hoops recruiting coverage it was rare that anyone we were going after was even a ranked prospect.

It's unreal to me that we're now going after prospects of this caliber. A few years ago, when I was doing the hoops recruiting coverage it was rare that anyone we were going after was even a ranked prospect.

Tad has the "it" factor.

It's absolutely unbelievable. I've found myself working on a recruit profile and thinking "why am I bothering? This kid is only a mid 3* recruit?"

Of course, 3 weeks later, he's blown up and is a 4*. So In Tad I Trust.

Yeah, absolutely. And we've got a realistic shot at a lot of these guys. They're not just shot-in-the-dark offers. And once again, the ability of this staff to judge talent is absolutely unreal. Look at the number of players offered as 3*'s with very few offers who are now top-100, or even top-50 recruits with huge offer lists- Lee, Hopkins, Allen, etc.

Oh, and I can't tell you how badly I want to land Hopkins this cycle!

It's absolutely unbelievable. I've found myself working on a recruit profile and thinking "why am I bothering? This kid is only a mid 3* recruit?"

Of course, 3 weeks later, he's blown up and is a 4*. So In Tad I Trust.

And Goose beats me to it again...

Updated Rivals Top 150:

12.) Isaac Hamilton, SG CA
18.) Jabari Bird, SF CA
26.) Matt Jones, SG TX (Verbal to Duke)
30.) Stephen Domingo, SF CA (Verbal to Georgetown)
33.) Marcus Lee, PF CA
40.) Zach LaVine, PG WA (Verbal to UCLA)
64.) Jaron Hopkins, SG AZ
66.) Zena Edosomwan, C CA (Verbal to Harvard)
71.) Roschon Prince, SF CA
74.) Tyree Robinson, SG CA
77.) Jordan Bell, PF CA
113.) Dakarai Allen, SF CA
116.) Paul Watson, SF AZ
131.) Torren Jones, PF AZ
133.) Tyrell Robinson, SG CA
141.) Elliott Pitts, SG CA

Back