What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 OOC Schedule

Mike Bohn should not have been approved to teach that class called "How to negotiate a schedule from a point of weakness" to all the coaches in Dal Ward this spring. CU ends up looking like the marks Kurt Russell sells to in Used Cars. There's gonna be some good seats available for a few of these games.

Eh idk. We put roughly 10k in the seats for teams like Wofford, Northern Arizona, Hartford, and Texas Southern. I think we will do about the same at home this season.

Eh idk. We put roughly 10k in the seats for teams like Wofford, Northern Arizona, Hartford, and Texas Southern. I think we will do about the same at home this season.

Attendance:

vs NAU - 10,034
vs UCLA - 9696

What the hell is the AD thinking with this, I know we weren't slotted for any of the decent pre-season tournaments but are we deliberately trying to shoot ourselves in the foot?

Tad does quite a bit of the scheduling and as he's said if you arent in a good preseason tourney you are basically F'd.

Now available for your Kindle, "How to win 20 games - including a winning conference record in a power conference - end up in the NIT - and lose in the 1st round".

Thought that one was By Sean Miller?

As I said when this was briefly mentioned last month. This is HORRIBLE. Big mistake to not be in a real preseason tournament (and don't tell me openings weren't present late, because they were). Better find some decent RPI boosters, and quickly, our we risk being this year's Virginia.

that actually isn't the case, JG and I were at a coaches event and he asked Boyle this exact question. For blue bloods it maybe different but for CU specifically we commit to these tournaments 3-5 years out without often knowing who half the teams in the field will be. We are certainly changing perceptions about who we are as a basketball school but many of these tournaments dont view us as huge get because traditionally we havent had the brand, success, or traveling fan base we have had for the past 3 seasons.

Screen-shot-2013-05-01-at-3.30.48-PM.jpg

Kentucky says no to us but yes to a team of vampires.

That is a bummer. Last years was fun to keep up with and I believe it was a big help for XJ and Scott to have the solid freshman campaigns they did. Wouldn't have minded hearing those announcers again in 2016:lol:

Apparently, BB2 was able to find the ultra secret video coverage of the games, too. I still don't know how he pulled that off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Just plain stupid. After seeing things like this, I don't understand how some never question what comes from the bball program.

Just plain stupid. After seeing things like this, I don't understand how some never question what comes from the bball program.

What do you want Tad to do? A bunch of one-offs with schools like Kentucky? If we want to be one of the big boys that means we schedule like them. I expect Tad to add a few games that bump up our RPI.

[tweet]330055214998634496[/tweet]

I don't think thats that big a deal---provided it doesn't count against our OOC quota. Thats four pretty winnable games (though Wyoming is the one area school we've never beaten under Boyle). I have no doubt we'll add to it---whether it be games with the likes of UNM/Wichita State/Creighton or power conference schools----why not do a home and home with Okie Lite or OU the next couple years? Both of them made the dance last season....

I'm expecting this attendance surge to continue especially assuming football still sucks.

Attendance:

vs NAU - 10,034
vs UCLA - 9696
Any rational for that? A Sat afternoon game drawing less than a Friday game during I believe winter break. My guess is they count all tickets sold including student season tickets regardless of actual attendance.

Edit: I saw the comments, makes somewhat more sense. Still you could see both(or atleast 90% of both) unless you held tickets to both events.

Last edited:
Screen-shot-2013-05-01-at-3.30.48-PM.jpg

Kentucky says no to us but yes to a team of vampires.

They also have games against Michigan State, North Carolina, and Louisville. Their RPI doesn't need any bolstering.

What do you want Tad to do? A bunch of one-offs with schools like Kentucky? If we want to be one of the big boys that means we schedule like them. I expect Tad to add a few games that bump up our RPI.

Did I strike a nerve? Geez. I want to see him schedule up - I think what you and others also want. These are the games Tad added and it sure doesn't help our RPI, and there is nothing suggesting he's holding any agreements back that I know of. What big boy are we scheduling like?

I see no problem with this. Still can schedule 12 OOC games outside of this due to special rules regarding the round robin. Even if we couldn't, the remaining 8 OOC games can more than make up for the potentially poor RPI's of these teams. Not every team on our schedule is going to be a quality RPI boost.

Also, worst case scenario, we should be 10-2 going into the conference, and I expect to win 13 games in conference.

Last edited:
CU should never schedule a team that might end up RPI 300+.

If that's not the #1 scheduling rule, it's near the top. We'd be better off playing Colorado Christian so it didn't count toward RPI.

They also have games against Michigan State, North Carolina, and Louisville. Their RPI doesn't need any bolstering.

This, plus good RPI games against Providence, Baylor, and possibly Boise. EVERYBODY has some cupcakes on their non-conference slate, they key is do you have a few powerhouse and mid-level BCS games on your schedule, and UK has that more than covered.

Did I strike a nerve? Geez. I want to see him schedule up - I think what you and others also want. These are the games Tad added and it sure doesn't help our RPI, and there is nothing suggesting he's holding any agreements back that I know of. What big boy are we scheduling like?

I guess you did. You came across as a poster who didn't read the quotes from Tad saying that it was hard to get teams to come to Boulder. Yes it would be great to play Duke, Kentucky and Kansas in a home and home and the remaining game would be versus 100-199 in RPI and all at home, but we don't live in fantasyland.

Kentucky fans get enraged when they lose to teams like Baylor and Florida. Could you imagine if they lost to Colorado?

Any rational for that? A Sat afternoon game drawing less than a Friday game during I believe winter break. My guess is they count all tickets sold including student season tickets regardless of actual attendance.

Edit: I saw the comments, makes somewhat more sense. Still you could see both(or atleast 90% of both) unless you held tickets to both events.

UH, ski season? Obvious conflicts with just about every kids' sports? Aforementioned "winter break? Disappointing Conf. start? Cheap season tix---the kind you don't mind blowing off since its just a few bucks OoP? All those reasons and still only a 300 fan drop-off isn't bad.

I'll wait until the final OOC slate comes out before I get concerned. Last year's team still had some holes showing as well, anybody with even a mild interest in the program should recognize the depth and quality of this year's team,even without Dre. A couple of early 100 pt. blow-outs, showing some exciting fast-paced "O" (No 48-47 games thank you!), won't hurt in catching the eye of the casual fan, who doesn't focus on the opponent's RPI, like we all do here. But thern, we have a huge benefit in C'ville keeping everybody here well up-to-date in that regard.

Hartford: 17-13 (#187 RPI)
Texas Southern: 17-14 (#184 RPI)
Northern Arizona: 11-21 (#255 RPI)
Wofford: 12-19 (#250 RPI)

I know 300+ RPI teams are a big no-no, but will those 3 games (Wyoming is fine) impact us any different than these 4?

The average RPI of both groups of 4 is about 216.

I guess it depends on the remaining games we schedule.

Wyoming is going to be terrible next year. Like CSU, they graduate (well, probably not graduate, but run out of eligibility) all of their top producers. Their RPI will be in the high 100's at best.

Kansas has quite the challenging schedule. Hopefully they overlook that DEC 7 game in anticipation of that DEC 10 game.

2013-14 Kansas Men’s Basketball Schedule (as of May 2, 2013)

Date (Day) – Opponent, Site (notes)

Oct. 29 (Tuesday) – PITTSBURG STATE, Lawrence, Kan. (Exhibition)

Nov. 5 (Tuesday) – FORT HAYS STATE, Lawrence, Kan. (Exhibition)
Nov. 8 (Friday) – LOUISIANA MONROE, Lawrence, Kan.
Nov. 12 (Tuesday) – Duke, Chicago, Ill. (Champions Classic, United Center)
Nov. 19 (Tuesday) – IONA, Lawrence, Kan.
Nov. 22 (Friday) – TOWSON, Lawrence, Kan. (Battle 4 Atlantis first round game)
Nov. 28 (Thursday) – TBD, Paradise Island, Bahamas (Battle 4 Atlantis)
Nov. 29 (Friday) – TBD, Paradise Island, Bahamas (Battle 4 Atlantis)
Nov. 30 (Saturday) – TBD, Paradise Island, Bahamas (Battle 4 Atlantis)
Dec. 7 (Saturday) – at Colorado, Boulder, Colo.
Dec. 10 (Tuesday) – at Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
Dec. 14 (Saturday) – NEW MEXICO, Kansas City, Mo. (Kansas City Shootout at Sprint Center)
Dec. 21 (Saturday) – GEORGETOWN, Lawrence, Kan.
Dec. 30 (Monday) – TOLEDO, Lawrence, Kan.
Jan. 5 (Sunday) – SAN DIEGO STATE, Lawrence, Kan.

Kansas has quite the challenging schedule. Hopefully they overlook that DEC 7 game in anticipation of that DEC 10 game.

2013-14 Kansas Men’s Basketball Schedule (as of May 2, 2013)

Date (Day) – Opponent, Site (notes)

Oct. 29 (Tuesday) – PITTSBURG STATE, Lawrence, Kan. (Exhibition)

Nov. 5 (Tuesday) – FORT HAYS STATE, Lawrence, Kan. (Exhibition)
Nov. 8 (Friday) – LOUISIANA MONROE, Lawrence, Kan.
Nov. 12 (Tuesday) – Duke, Chicago, Ill. (Champions Classic, United Center)
Nov. 19 (Tuesday) – IONA, Lawrence, Kan.
Nov. 22 (Friday) – TOWSON, Lawrence, Kan. (Battle 4 Atlantis first round game)
Nov. 28 (Thursday) – TBD, Paradise Island, Bahamas (Battle 4 Atlantis)
Nov. 29 (Friday) – TBD, Paradise Island, Bahamas (Battle 4 Atlantis)
Nov. 30 (Saturday) – TBD, Paradise Island, Bahamas (Battle 4 Atlantis)
Dec. 7 (Saturday) – at Colorado, Boulder, Colo.
Dec. 10 (Tuesday) – at Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
Dec. 14 (Saturday) – NEW MEXICO, Kansas City, Mo. (Kansas City Shootout at Sprint Center)
Dec. 21 (Saturday) – GEORGETOWN, Lawrence, Kan.
Dec. 30 (Monday) – TOLEDO, Lawrence, Kan.
Jan. 5 (Sunday) – SAN DIEGO STATE, Lawrence, Kan.

They could end up with a pretty bad OOC record with that slate. I see 6 teams capable of playing with them, and that doesn't count the Paradise Island games, which will feature top teams.

Back