What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 OOC Schedule

Let me be the first to say it .... ***** Bailer. Nice to see a CU BB game called the marquee game.

I don't really like playing Baylor in Texas, but it is a quality OOC game. Isaac Austin will probably be one of the top centers in the country next year, so it will be a very good matchup vs Josh Scott.

Personally, would have rather we could have scheduled a home/home with them, but it's likely that was attempted anyways and Baylor wasn't likely interested

Seems like we could be an good option for this series going forward if we show well.

This must have been the second game that I was told about. Great get, and nice to be called the marquee game. wonder if dre's regretting getting another crack at baylor :)

Oh yeah! I'll be at American Airlines loud and proud. And possibly a little belligerent.

**** Baylor.

Last edited by a moderator:

American Airlines Center - Dallas
subu3yre.jpg

American Airlines Arena - Miami
edydeby4.jpg

I don't really like playing Baylor in Texas, but it is a quality OOC game. Isaac Austin will probably be one of the top centers in the country next year, so it will be a very good matchup vs Josh Scott.

Personally, would have rather we could have scheduled a home/home with them, but it's likely that was attempted anyways and Baylor wasn't likely interested

Scott has fared pretty well against Austin in their meetings.

So, we're playing in the marquee matchup of an event designed to be an early season tipoff/showcase in the city hosting the Final 4. That means national exposure, revenue, and an RPI boost. This is a really nice opportunity.

I absolutely love it. What a great opportunity for us. Mattrob, I completely agree with you. We also recruit heavily in TX so if anything this will open some of the TX recruits eyes to the Buffaloes. I am really hoping we can win this game.

These are the types of games top programs schedule. Given some of the other teams playing, who would have thought ten years ago that CU-Baylor would be the showcase game?

Anyone heard of Basketball Travelers? Apparently it's the bulletin board that coaches use for scheduling. Rodney Billups posted the most recent update on 5/6, not that informative for us but the blurb's as follows:

We are looking for guaranteed games for 13-14 season. Here are some dates, Nov 8th, Nov 23rd or 24th, Nov 26th or 27th, Dec 2nd or Dec 4th, Dec 14th, Dec 31st. Please let me know if you have any interest.

Obviously the Nov 8th slot's just been filled by Baylor.

Just thought this might be a useful resource in the boredom of future offseasons to give some insight into what the staff is looking for with regard to scheduling. I've also found some hypothetical matches for the fun of it; for example, Butler's also looking for a game on Dec 31st to be played at Hinkle. Conversely, for those of you dreaming about a Wichita State matchup, it doesn't look like the dates will work out.

By the way, the NC State post is pretty funny -- does it count as bulletin board material if it's coming from one of your own coaches?:

NC State is still in need of a couple guarantee games. Flexible dates. Very competitive contract. The Wolfpack lost 4 starters and 5 of top 6 players. Please contact Jeff Dunlap ASAP if you\'re interested.

Last edited:
Anyone heard of Basketball Travelers? Apparently it's the bulletin board that coaches use for scheduling. Rodney Billups posted the most recent update on 5/6, not that informative for us but the blurb's as follows:

Just thought this might be a useful resource in the boredom of future offseasons to give some insight into what the staff is looking for with regard to scheduling. I've also found some hypothetical matches for the fun of it; for example, Butler's also looking for a game on Dec 31st to be played at Hinkle. Conversely, for those of you dreaming about a Wichita State matchup, it doesn't look like the dates will work out.

By the way, the NC State post is pretty funny -- does it count as bulletin board material if it's coming from one of your own coaches?:
That NC State blurb is pretty funny.

I know people wanted to possibly get a game at the Pepsi Center against someone in the future and noticed Okie State was offering just such a deal (neutral for neutral). Wonder if we would have given thought to that had it been posted before we scheduled them.

Thanks for the link. Apparently Clemson's director of basketball ops is named Dick Bender. Solid.

Haha. Aren't we looking for another neutral game on top of Baylor?

That's basically what it is. "We need some more games so we need your team to come and play us. Don't worry about us crushing you....we've lost all our good players"
They did recruit very well again this year however, including getting this beast.
beejay-anya-rt-float-2.jpg

Hey, does anybody have all the non-conference games in a list so far? It would be nice to see what dates we have set so far and which we still need to be filled. Just a thought.

Back