What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Oregon State Basketball Preview #1

RSSBot

News Junkie
Coach Boyle's scorched earth road game policy worked to a 'T' yesterday. *Actually, more like a 'W,' as the Buffs grinded out a vital 48-47 win in Eugene last night.

It was*deja vu*all over again. *Much like the win over Oregon in last season's Pac-12 tournament, the Buffs found*themselves*down one with under a minute to go. *Once again, Andre Roberson found a key offensive rebound, and managed to put back a heavily contested layup to take a lead. *And, once again, CU's point guard locked down Oregon's best scorer, forcing an ugly miss to seal the win (2012: Nate Tomlinson on Devoe Joseph, 2013: Spencer Dinwiddie on E.J. Singler).
Dinwiddie's block left Singler crying into his coffee about an uncalled foul.* Damn, that program loves to whine.* From: the Oregonian.
While the end was a symphony of perfection on both sides of the ball, for much of the game it was only perfectly ugly.* The whole affair looked like something out of the pre-jump shot era.* With the Buffs only notching a paltry .72 ppp on offense while allowing Oregon to grab 14 offensive boards, it took an incredible defensive effort to even keep the win within reach.* CU packed in the D, forcing the slashing Ducks outside into uncomfortable jump shots. *All told, the Ducks shot 36% from the field (29.6% in the second half), and failed to score over the game's final four minutes, enabling the Buffs to overcome their anemic offensive performance.

It's no surprise that, in a game defined by defense, the big star was Roberson. *Not only did he score the winning bucket, but that hoop boosted him over the double-digit scoring*plateau for the*evening, giving the lanky Texan his 35th career double-double (10/13).* He was a monster late in the game, taking away Oregon's offense, and grabbing the last three rebounds that mattered.* After the game 'Dre said "I didn't want to lose," and it showed.

Despite trailing for more than 35 minutes, CU gets the much-needed road win over the #19 team in the land. The win boosts what had been a softening Tournament resume, getting the team back off the bubble in the wake of the defeat at Utah.

"Oh, but Oregon was missing their point guard, it's not all that impressive." *Shut your mouth. *When you beat a top-25 team on the road, you don't care how or why it came to be. *I'll take that ugly-ass win without a second thought.

--

Turning my attention to Sunday's game against Oregon State, the Buffs now have a chance to sweep the Beaver State road swing.* The win would also give them a 6-5 conference record headed into the home-heavy portion of the schedule (seven of the last five games are at the CEC). *To earn that sweep, they'll need to topple one of the Pac-12's worst squads in their own gym. *Considering the*embarrassment*in SLC last Saturday, I'm not taking anything for granted.

Tip-off from Gill Coliseum in Corvallis is set for 7pm Sunday evening. *Coverage can be found on Pac-12 Networks. *Those with DirecTV can find Mark Johnson on 850 KOA.

As a side note, this is my final full preview of the regular season, as everything from here til after the Pac-12 Tournament will be a repeat matchup. *I'll still be previewing the games, just in a slightly abbreviated fashion.

Click*below for the preview...

Read more »
aUrN3BTHDqk

Coach Boyle's scorched earth road game policy worked to a 'T' yesterday. *Actually, more like a 'W,' as the Buffs grinded out a vital 48-47 win in Eugene last night.

It was*deja vu*all over again. *Much like the win over Oregon in last season's Pac-12 tournament, the Buffs found*themselves*down one with under a minute to go. *Once again, Andre Roberson found a key offensive rebound, and managed to put back a heavily contested layup to take a lead. *And, once again, CU's point guard locked down Oregon's best scorer, forcing an ugly miss to seal the win (2012: Nate Tomlinson on Devoe Joseph, 2013: Spencer Dinwiddie on E.J. Singler).
Dinwiddie's block left Singler crying into his coffee about an uncalled foul.* Damn, that program loves to whine.* From: the Oregonian.
While the end was a symphony of perfection on both sides of the ball, for much of the game it was only perfectly ugly.* The whole affair looked like something out of the pre-jump shot era.* With the Buffs only notching a paltry .72 ppp on offense while allowing Oregon to grab 14 offensive boards, it took an incredible defensive effort to even keep the win within reach.* CU packed in the D, forcing the slashing Ducks outside into uncomfortable jump shots. *All told, the Ducks shot 36% from the field (29.6% in the second half), and failed to score over the game's final four minutes, enabling the Buffs to overcome their anemic offensive performance.

It's no surprise that, in a game defined by defense, the big star was Roberson. *Not only did he score the winning bucket, but that hoop boosted him over the double-digit scoring*plateau for the*evening, giving the lanky Texan his 35th career double-double (10/13).* He was a monster late in the game, taking away Oregon's offense, and grabbing the last three rebounds that mattered.* After the game 'Dre said "I didn't want to lose," and it showed.

Despite trailing for more than 35 minutes, CU gets the much-needed road win over the #19 team in the land. The win boosts what had been a softening Tournament resume, getting the team back off the bubble in the wake of the defeat at Utah.

"Oh, but Oregon was missing their point guard, it's not all that impressive." *Shut your mouth. *When you beat a top-25 team on the road, you don't care how or why it came to be. *I'll take that ugly-ass win without a second thought.

--

Turning my attention to Sunday's game against Oregon State, the Buffs now have a chance to sweep the Beaver State road swing.* The win would also give them a 6-5 conference record headed into the home-heavy portion of the schedule (seven of the last five games are at the CEC). *To earn that sweep, they'll need to topple one of the Pac-12's worst squads in their own gym. *Considering the*embarrassment*in SLC last Saturday, I'm not taking anything for granted.

Tip-off from Gill Coliseum in Corvallis is set for 7pm Sunday evening. *Coverage can be found on Pac-12 Networks. *Those with DirecTV can find Mark Johnson on 850 KOA.

As a side note, this is my final full preview of the regular season, as everything from here til after the Pac-12 Tournament will be a repeat matchup. *I'll still be previewing the games, just in a slightly abbreviated fashion.

Click*below for the preview...

Read more »
aUrN3BTHDqk

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back