What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Rocky Mountain Showdown Official Game thread

These calls are reviewable? ****ty call, but didn't know that penalties were reviewable.

I know they are trying to protect QBs (and I agree with that) but unless it is flagrant, this is a hard rule to enforce fairly. It is such a judgement call.

I think the lack of an ejection was probably the right call on that play.

Seems legit. Roughing the passer, yes, but not flagrant. Refs could teach the Pac-12 crew something.

You're clueless and it shows, probably best to stop posting. You take the points in that position.
Bull****. You pick up TWO YARDS and then put the ball in the damn endzone. You're a friggin idiot if you don't understand it. It has been proven for a fact that you will score more points by going for it in that situation, period. And the 5 wide call was just STUPID. You got cute and then on 4th down played it safe. Screw that kind of playing not to lose football. Play to win.

Bull****. You pick up TWO YARDS and then put the ball in the damn endzone. You're a friggin idiot if you don't understand it. It has been proven for a fact that you will score more points by going for it in that situation, period. And the 5 wide call was just STUPID. You got cute and then on 4th down played it safe. Screw that kind of playing not to lose football. Play to win.

:lol: clueless.

As a guy who hadn't a clue how this game would go, I am really pleased. I don't want to jinx the second half...but damn...nothing to be ashamed of here (and I WAS ashamed a lot last year...we just looked so inept, as I don't have to remind any of you).

We may not win many games this year...but we sure look like a more competent football team. I am glad we hired MikeMac (and glad Butch went to UT)

:lol: clueless.
Nope. You're illustrating you're too used to losing. The irony here is that you're the one who doesn't have a damn clue. 3rd and 2 and you throw 5 wide and kick a 22 yard FG? Stupid and gutless. Show your offense you have confidence they can do it, and if they don't, show your defense you have confidence they can stop the other guys and get the ball back in great position. Kicking a freaking PAT length FG is what teams do when they are playing to not lose.

Nope. You're illustrating you're too used to losing. The irony here is that you're the one who doesn't have a damn clue. 3rd and 2 and you throw 5 wide and kick a 22 yard FG? Stupid and gutless. Show your offense you have confidence they can do it, and if they don't, show your defense you have confidence they can stop the other guys and get the ball back in great position. Kicking a freaking PAT length FG is what teams do when they are playing to not lose.

I agree, fire HCMM

Um...maybe we are playing to not shatter the fragile confidence we have seen building all game long. The coach is walking a tightrope act in this first game. Playing conservatively when you have the lead is warranted. There's no justification for risking your confidence if you DON'T make the 1st down on two successive short yardage plays. You need to take into account how the negative repercussions of that possibility would have affected us instead of just focusing on how good it would have been had we made the 1st.

I'm very impressed by how Connor Wood has played; I really thought he would make a mistake early that gave CSU a big edge, but he's been about as good as one could expect. Bit of a fortunate call to get the roughing the passer penalty, but CSU probably regretting using their timeouts early when it looked like CU was content to run the clock out.

Good first half. NICE to see no disorganization oit there.Cu needs to come out in 3rd and put this out of reach.

I know they are trying to protect QBs (and I agree with that) but unless it is flagrant, this is a hard rule to enforce fairly. It is such a judgement call.

I think the lack of an ejection was probably the right call on that play.

I'm glad they overturned. Eventually this is bound to screw us. Ultimately it only favors the deep stacked teams. I hope they get rid of the rule before the end of the season or at least hone it in

Back