What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Rocky Mountain Showdown Official Game thread

I agree, fire HCMM

That's the one play call in the first half I could question (and dear God, how wonderful is it to watch a full half of football and question one play call?!!!!!!!!). But I find it hysterical that the one person having an aneurysm about it is apparently not even a CU fan.... :lol:

The change in coaching is apparent. They seem more composed and are minimizing stupid penalties. Looking to see how they adjust at the half before jumping for joy but pleasantly surprised at the half.

Um...maybe we are playing to not shatter the fragile confidence we have seen building all game long. The coach is walking a tightrope act in this first game. Playing conservatively when you have the lead is warranted. There's no justification for risking your confidence if you DON'T make the 1st down on two successive short yardage plays. You need to take into account how the negative repercussions of that possibility would have affected us instead of just focusing on how good it would have been had we made the 1st.

I keep repeating myself! Why won't you guys take the bait and feed me?

FG was absolutely the right call in that situation. Were dominating the game; no reason to give CSU any chance for momentum. You take the points.

i liked the last drive. we call a play with .13 left....wood rolls out and makes the throw.

we show faith in wood and he shows composure.

Really frustrating that we aren't blowing them out. Can't believe Forms dropped the interception. Beautiful weather in the stadium.

I'm glad they overturned. Eventually this is bound to screw us. Ultimately it only favors the deep stacked teams. I hope they get rid of the rule before the end of the season or at least hone it in

Nice to hear Coach Mac say it shouldn't have even been a penalty (I did hear that right, didn't I?) in the post-half interview. He's old school (and knows, as you said, that WE will probably get burned by this later in the season...)

CU crowd sitting on its hands. I am the screaming drunk at the back of 107. Stop by. Ignore the looks I'm getting. They'll come around

Not while some idiot is going to insult me.

C'mon. Chill a bit.

Save that debate until after the clock hits 0:00. That's why God invented six days between the rams and central arky.

Given the ****show CU fans have witnessed last season, the sensible thing to do is appreciate that the offense is actually putting points on the board and not pissing down our legs going into the half.

Baby steps, fella.

Nice to hear Coach Mac say it shouldn't have even been a penalty (I did hear that right, didn't I?) in the post-half interview. He's old school (and knows, as you said, that WE will probably get burned by this later in the season...)

i was pretty impressed by that. football coach.

So you think going 5 wide was a smart call after they marched down the field running the read option? Wood had not kept the ball in a dozen plays, they were RIPE for a QB keep on the ZR. 5 wide inside the 10 on 3rd and 2, are you kidding me? That's not Buff football. That's straight up leaving points on the field by outsmarting yourself.

Been a CU fan for 25 years...graduated from there... think I know Buff football. The goal is to WIN. For all we know, Coach Mac is using that formation and call to set up something in the second half. A lot of this game is about deception and fooling the opposing coaches in the booth and the defense. When they see a look like that in the 2d half, they just may see some sort of element in it that fools them. Good coaches are like good chess players: they are thinking several moves ahead, not one move at a time. You are criticizing the single move...the coach may be thinking several plays ahead (he's a good coach...give him some credit...)

This will be a very telling half of ball. CSU adjusted really well to us last season, and none of us know how HCMM does with half-time adjustments. Shore up the secondary and figure out a way to get some pressure, and we should be in good shape.

Really frustrating that we aren't blowing them out. Can't believe Forms dropped the interception. Beautiful weather in the stadium.

Well, I'll just say, I'm pretty damn impressed how disciplined we look. It's like night and day from last year. Connor has made like two dumb throws, that screen throw wtf, throw that at his feet, just get the points. He threw a bb to Goodson. On that screen play, how we lined up, I thought here comes the qb draw. That reverse play was nice, loved it. Oh and we found a lb, damn that kid is everywhere. Haven't won anything yet, score a td here, we'll be in pretty good shape. I'm liking coach Mac, lets just finish this. Crawley don't hold when u don't need to, he had good position, play the ball.

Back