1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 Season With or Without Embree

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by boydbuff, Nov 24, 2012.

1. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

I think the full schedules have not been released yet from the Pac 12 for 2013. But I know our non-conference includes CSU, Central Arkansas and Fresno St.

Here is my question. What is an honest assessment of W/L record next year in the 2 most likely scenarios:

1.) JE is retained and he replaces most of the staff including at least one if not both coordinators w/ more experienced coordinators

2.) JE is fired and replaced w/ a proven HC who hires quality coordinators (for argument sake let's put Tedford here)

Keeping in mind our Freshmen have gained some experience, we hopefully have a better QB, PRich is back, etc.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  2. boydbuff

I think in scenario 1 we are looking at 2-3 wins max

Scenario 2 maybe 4-5

I assume we'll see a much greater difference in 2014 if we hired someone new due to improved recruiting and 1 yr in system. I'd be hoping for a bowl bid in 2014 w/ someone new and would have been instated in an asylum if JE was still around.

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

With Embree? Best case win total? 3 or 4 wins. Less blowouts (not none, less).

That's the worst case for CU football though. Means Embree has "momentum" and gets another year.

Without? bowl game.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  4. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Let's figure out who our coach is first.

5. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

Your #1 premise assumes that any coach of any quality will come here with Embree as the HC. Hiring a OC just because they have been an OC does not mean they are any good.

With Embree as HC Buffs win 1, maybe 2 games all season.
    A good coach and staff that knows what they are doing and we win 4-5 games.

6. boydbuff

Fair point although my question is one that I assume has to be factored in by Bohn before knowing who the coach might be.

But to make it easier to argue, I edited in Tedford in the original post.