What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Stanford Basketball Preview #2

RSSBot

News Junkie
Last season, facing a similar stretch run against the NorCal and Oregon schools, the Buffs went 1-3, destroying any possibility of an at-large berth, and pushing the squad all the way out to the 6-seed in LA.* A repeat stumble cannot happen this season.*

With a second home loss, the once sterling RPI is starting to slip into the danger zone, and the Buffs need to show at least some life to reinforce the Tournament firewall.* Even a single win this week would suffice.* The good news is that I don't hate either matchup.* CU thrashed both Stanford and Cal in Boulder, and neither win seemed purely a result of home-cooking.* A split isn't all that much of a stretch.

On paper, with Cal playing some of the best basketball in the West, Stanford appears to be the riper fruit for picking.* However, I don't really care which team the Buffs end up beating, as long as they find a way to get at least one win in the Bay Area.

--

Tip-off from Maples Pavilion is set for 9pm MT this evening.* Coverage, including color from Pac-12 hype-man Bill Walton, can be found on ESPN2.* If you for some reason hate America, and would rather not listen to Walton, Mark Johnson will have the radio call on 850 KOA.

For reference, my preview from the first game can be found*here.

Click below for my preview of the rematch...

Read more »
sCivtZ52dp4

Last season, facing a similar stretch run against the NorCal and Oregon schools, the Buffs went 1-3, destroying any possibility of an at-large berth, and pushing the squad all the way out to the 6-seed in LA.* A repeat stumble cannot happen this season.*

With a second home loss, the once sterling RPI is starting to slip into the danger zone, and the Buffs need to show at least some life to reinforce the Tournament firewall.* Even a single win this week would suffice.* The good news is that I don't hate either matchup.* CU thrashed both Stanford and Cal in Boulder, and neither win seemed purely a result of home-cooking.* A split isn't all that much of a stretch.

On paper, with Cal playing some of the best basketball in the West, Stanford appears to be the riper fruit for picking.* However, I don't really care which team the Buffs end up beating, as long as they find a way to get at least one win in the Bay Area.

--

Tip-off from Maples Pavilion is set for 9pm MT this evening.* Coverage, including color from Pac-12 hype-man Bill Walton, can be found on ESPN2.* If you for some reason hate America, and would rather not listen to Walton, Mark Johnson will have the radio call on 850 KOA.

For reference, my preview from the first game can be found*here.

Click below for my preview of the rematch...

Read more »
sCivtZ52dp4

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back