What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 U$C @ Colorado football game thread

Game's out of hand. Conditions suck.

The one good sign I'm seeing is that our freshmen haven't stopped fighting. Guys like Awuzie and Adkins are still out there hustling and making plays. It's hard to get excited about something like that and I don't expect anyone to, but it matters.

Hard not to feel optimistic about Adkins. He has a nose for the cutback hole and he hits it. Been awhile since we've had an RB we can say that about.

A little bit of perspective: Ore St is losing to Washington at halftime 27-0 ... in Corvallis.

And of course ... then there's Bailer ... :lol:

A positive spin on this, and yes, I will always try to reach and find one of those, is that they are still putting points on the board late. Everyone watching knows USC is going to win but CU is still playing football on both sides of the ball. They are not giving up and it's looking like much nicer of a loss than at Washington. I'm proud to see that from the players.

A positive spin on this, and yes, I will always try to reach and find one of those, is that they are still putting points on the board late. Everyone watching knows USC is going to win but CU is still playing football on both sides of the ball. They are not giving up and it's looking like much nicer of a loss than at Washington. I'm proud to see that from the players.

Chug, chug, chug, chug!!

Seriously ... what is this "#89 is in the game" announcement by the officials on every SC punt? Did his mother bribe them or something? :rolling_eyes:

Jesus. I'm still watching a November Buffs game into the 4th quarter. Getting tested for dementia Monday.

So damn close to getting that onside kick. ****. Would have made things interesting.

And another thing ... these announcers are such pussies. I was at the '96 KSU game. The temp at kickoff was 12 ... it dropped precipitously after that. I was dressed in layers (two layers of thermal underwear, two pairs of pants, at least three heavy shirts, and a heavy winter coat), and made it through 3 quarters, but had to leave after that because despite having three layers of heavy wool socks on in addition to those felt lined mukluks on my feet, my toes were going numb. The score was 12-0 CU when I left and it ended that way IIRC ... so I didn't miss much.

Frustrating loss. Offense not doing anything in the 1st half kind of ruined any chance of winning this one. HCMM and the offense has to do better at home.

Fumble
Interception
Blocked punt (safety)
Onside kick butterfingers

Working on the "little things" is a valid objective if you actually do them. They've got some nice film from tonight's game to pay damn good attention to and prepare for their next game.

Moral victories can get ****ed, but, I walk away encouraged. We just don't look as outclassed by other athletes. I sincerely think the right coach is in place. It may take time, but things look up to me . Of course, I'm drunk as tits so maybe not.

Reactions: aik
The next game is the bowl game for the Buffs, send the seniors out on a win.

The goals for the offseason

1. Sefo continues to improve on his footwork, and gets to about 225 pounds
2. Get Devin Ross, Bryce Bobo, Jeff Thomas, Elijah Dunston ready to play
3. Move Tyler Mccolouch(sp) to TE
4. OL continues to get stronger and more athletic.
5. Get a JUCO TE that can play on the FBS level.
6. DT continues to lose weight. Gilbert gets to about 245 pounds
7. Addison Gillam adds about 15 pounds
8. Crawley adds about 10 pounds
9. Get Tedric Thompson ready to start.
10. Get a better punt returner and kickoff returner.

Last edited:
Again .. a little perspective. U-Dub up 41-0 on the Beavs with 4 min to go in the 3rd. As outclassed as we were by SC at home, it could have been worse. Yeah ... OSU's overall and conference records are better than ours, but still ... losing at home by that margin to at best a marginal Pac 12 team? :huh:

It's going to take us a couple more years to be truly competitive in the conference, but I truly believe we'll get there.

And besides ... we've always got basketball! :thumbsup:

Again .. a little perspective. U-Dub up 41-0 on the Beavs with 4 min to go in the 3rd. As outclassed as we were by SC at home, it could have been worse. Yeah ... OSU's overall and conference records are better than ours, but still ... losing at home by that margin to at best a marginal Pac 12 team? :huh:

It's going to take us a couple more years to be truly competitive in the conference, but I truly believe we'll get there.

And besides ... we've always got basketball! :thumbsup:

I'd accept a UW pounding at home in order to be bowl eligible right now.

Fumble
Interception
Blocked punt (safety)
Onside kick butterfingers

Working on the "little things" is a valid objective if you actually do them. They've got some nice film from tonight's game to pay damn good attention to and prepare for their next game.

Without a doubt, USC is clearly better than the Buffs.

But there were plays to be made out there that were left on the field.

Some dropped passes and missed assignments along with penalties.

Credit to Orgeron, because he had them ready to play. It looked like he took the "cold weather excuse" away from them. USC guys were wearing short sleeves and I think Orgeron actually wore a polo shirt on the sideline. Buffs didn't match their early intensity. Credit to them, but a problem for CU. Shouldn't happen that way for the last home game for the seniors.

Anyway, definitely some positives to take from that. And a clear talent gap that needs to be closed.

We are what we thought we were. Utah will likely roll us next week to take us to the epic 4-8 record and most of us, including me, will be hoping it means we are improving.

Without a doubt, USC is clearly better than the Buffs.

But there were plays to be made out there that were left on the field.

Some dropped passes and missed assignments along with penalties.

Credit to Orgeron, because he had them ready to play. It looked like he took the "cold weather excuse" away from them. USC guys were wearing short sleeves and I think Orgeron actually wore a polo shirt on the sideline. Buffs didn't match their early intensity. Credit to them, but a problem for CU. Shouldn't happen that way for the last home game for the seniors.

Anyway, definitely some positives to take from that. And a clear talent gap that needs to be closed.

That drop by Ross was a killer. Ugh...had a shot in this one if we had had anything resembling an offense in the 1st half or if McCulloch had held onto the onside

Back