What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 U$C @ Colorado football game thread

We are what we thought we were. Utah will likely roll us next week to take us to the epic 4-8 record and most of us, including me, will be hoping it means we are improving.

I don't see Utah rolling us. I don't think we win but I think it'll be a good game. Wittingham also got out coached by Embree almost two times so there's that.

I don't see Utah rolling us. I don't think we win but I think it'll be a good game. Wittingham also got out coached by Embree almost two times so there's that.

Both teams are 1-7 in conference (Utah, by some miracle, got their only Pac-12 win against Furd) and 4-7 overall. They've also lost 5 straight now. I expect the big difference to be the fact that we're playing there. Da Yutes are a lot like CU - much better at home than on the road. Their only road win is @ BYU (not too different than CU winning in Denver in some ways). But they're 3-3 at home, which is where they got Furd. Unless their QB change totally buries them, our road struggles and their tendency to be better @ home probably tip things their way....

Both teams are 1-7 in conference (Utah, by some miracle, got their only Pac-12 win against Furd) and 4-7 overall. They've also lost 5 straight now. I expect the big difference to be the fact that we're playing there. Da Yutes are a lot like CU - much better at home than on the road. Their only road win is @ BYU (not too different than CU winning in Denver in some ways). But they're 3-3 at home, which is where they got Furd. Unless their QB change totally buries them, our road struggles and their tendency to be better @ home probably tip things their way....
I'm banking on MacIntyre>>>>Willingham and out game plans him

Defense in the first half:

2.2 yards per carry
7.3 yards per pass
206 total yards

You can absolutely win with those stats.

But then we look at our offense:

2.1 yards per carry
2.9 yards per pass
73 total yards

Throw in -2 in the turnover department and a safety off a blocked punt and you get what we have here.

And there it is. Thanks.

And another thing ... these announcers are such pussies. I was at the '96 KSU game. The temp at kickoff was 12 ... it dropped precipitously after that. I was dressed in layers (two layers of thermal underwear, two pairs of pants, at least three heavy shirts, and a heavy winter coat), and made it through 3 quarters, but had to leave after that because despite having three layers of heavy wool socks on in addition to those felt lined mukluks on my feet, my toes were going numb. The score was 12-0 CU when I left and it ended that way IIRC ... so I didn't miss much.
Didn't Wheeler get a pick 6 that game? Also, I think we wore black helmets with a silver buff on them? That's been many moons ago but I did watch it lol.

How the hell did we end up with 29? I stopped listening because my son charged a bunch of **** on Xbox live. Hmm, I was not happy.

Think we have the pieces to be a decent defense (7-8 in the conference) in 2014. Not so sure about the offense though.

Derrick Webb is awful
And this was actually one of his better games. I've never seen a defender leave his feet so much when trying to make a tackle. When you're in midair, you can't move with the ballcarrier, you either end up hitting him hard (happens rarely) or you get completely juked (frequent). Basic stuff that I'm sure Hawk & Co. never addressed and got unfixable.

uspw_6581834.jpg

And another thing ... these announcers are such pussies. I was at the '96 KSU game. The temp at kickoff was 12 ... it dropped precipitously after that. I was dressed in layers (two layers of thermal underwear, two pairs of pants, at least three heavy shirts, and a heavy winter coat), and made it through 3 quarters, but had to leave after that because despite having three layers of heavy wool socks on in addition to those felt lined mukluks on my feet, my toes were going numb. The score was 12-0 CU when I left and it ended that way IIRC ... so I didn't miss much.
That was the coldest game I've ever attended. 12-0 final, two top ten teams, and I think it's still the last time that K State has been shutout.

That was the coldest game I've ever attended. 12-0 final, two top ten teams, and I think it's still the last time that K State has been shutout.

My buddy got kicked out if that game for throwing snowballs. I remember it being cold and a night game.

Season will be big for Sefo. Coaches need to help him out with better gameplanning.

Season will be big for Sefo. Coaches need to help him out with better gameplanning.

If they could find a way to put a a couple better lineman, receivers, tight ends and running backs around him, that wouldn't hurt either, right...

Neither team was as hungry as bb2. We got Jimmy'd and Joe'd. Absolute worst officiating I've ever witnessed. They were bigger and faster by far. D played was fun to watch and made some great stops. I'm afraid of Utah, we'll need to have our head screwed on straight when we go in there.

'91 fusker game was colder. Wind chill was below zero well before kickoff.

I'm gonna toss out a hugely unpopular question/statement...Gillam didn't look great last night. He was consistently burned by the cutback because he over pursued and whiffed on a bunch of arm tackles. I said it in the chat room last night and was lambasted. People said he still had double digit tackles, but that was wrong. He only ended up with 4 solo and one assist. Was Gillam exposed against much better players or was this his freshman bad game?

He's a true frosh, so I expect mistakes to be made. If he had a bad game, he was certainly due. Anyone know what the injury was and will he be back next week?

Another thought was if he's exposed, he's the best we got, so hopefully maturity and coaching can close the gaps you mentioned. Who's behind him?

I agree that he's wearing down. He is really hesitant to body anybody up and is mostly arm tackling or grabbing and holding on. He's been a warrior and his intincts are still getting him to the ball, but he has a freshman body. Looking forward to great things from him.

We have to be the worst 2nd quarter or at least second half of the 2nd quarter team out there.

He'll put on some strength and weight, he'll be fine. How good will he be? I don't know but he will be good enough if we infuse some talent around him.

Was impressed with the crowd. For the late start start of break and cold temps, there were a pretty good showing.

Team showed a lot of heart in that second half, even gave me a flicker of hope there at the end. In the end the talent gap was simply too big.

Back