What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 U$C @ Colorado football game thread

Season will be big for Sefo. Coaches need to help him out with better gameplanning.
If they could find a way to put a a couple better lineman, receivers, tight ends and running backs around him, that wouldn't hurt either, right...

Yeah, he needs experience. This trash season is a good way to get it. I think he's playing well and improving. If they recruit some better talent we could be pretty decent by the time he's a senior.

I'm gonna toss out a hugely unpopular question/statement...Gillam didn't look great last night. He was consistently burned by the cutback because he over pursued and whiffed on a bunch of arm tackles. I said it in the chat room last night and was lambasted. People said he still had double digit tackles, but that was wrong. He only ended up with 4 solo and one assist. Was Gillam exposed against much better players or was this his freshman bad game?

Gillam will be a great player for us. He's not a great player now. Probably hitting the freshman wall a bit with the grind of the season (weight's probably down from where it was in camp) and the academic load this time of year. And he was playing against maybe the best collection of athletes in the nation last night. I'm not worried in the least. He'll be an absolute beast next season.

WTF was the deal with the bonehead refs announcing when $C's #89 was in the game? Also why did Fernandez, our TE #99, get an illegal man downfield penalty?

Since we aren't going bowling it's a good thing that this season is getting close to the end. Most teams count on their seniors to set the tone. This teams best players and leaders, with a few exceptions, are the younger players.

These guys have given us more than we could have reasonably expected but the jump from HS ball to PAC12 is huge. You can see some of them running down, you can also see that as teams have more film on them they can take advantage of their youth.

I wish that Sefo could have used this year as a RS year but since he didn't it's good that he got a lot of quality game experience. This wasn't like a Hawk job burning a shirt for a few plays. In the off-season Sefo will be able to sit down without pressure and review the films, see what he is doing bad and good, and work on getting better. He will also gain in physical maturity.

The other guys will be able to do the same. Gillam, Chido, Adkins, etc. will be able know what they are facing next year as they work in the off-season.

Next year we should be able to fill some more holes. Rippy will be available as a much faster option than Webb at LB. We will be losing one of the best players ever at WR at CU but have a number of RSing kids coming in. Outside of CUD and Bonsu virtually all of the guys who played on the DL for us are coming back and a lot of them were Sophs, guys who at most schools would be spending more time on the bench learning and developing their bodies.

The critical issue is the OL. A couple of quality Juco kids would help a lot. M2 was able to save the RSs on last years entire OL group but they will still be young and immature. As bad as it looks there I see some addition by subtraction. To me Handler was the one guy on the team that carried over the attitudes and performance of the Embree era. I can't tell you how sick I am of watching him stand there with his hands on his hips as his man is lying on top of our running back for zero or negative yardage. You can get mad at Nembot for missing blocks but at least he makes the effort to run after the guy he missed, Handler just stands there watching. I had high hopes for Harris as well and maybe he would have been better at RT if we had anyone who could have played LT but for a fairly highly regarded senior he didn't exactly shine this year either.

Zero rip against Fernandez who played as well as you could ever expect for a walk-on who spent his career bouncing around different positions but TE needs to be better next year as well. The only way that our TEs seemed to get open this year was when the opponents worried about WRs and RBs didn't bother to cover them.

Next year year is going to be tough because we are hitting a gap built by the lack of talent in the upper classes but so far M2 has show an abilty to find some kids who can play and get the most out of what he has. At least we can start to feel like we are going in the right direction.

WTF was the deal with the bonehead refs announcing when $C's #89 was in the game? Also why did Fernandez, our TE #99, get an illegal man downfield penalty?

As close as I can figure out the kid who was wearing 89 was listed in the official roster as an ineligible number. They were putting the 89 on him because he was filling in for someone else but the rules require he report and be announced since it is a change from the officially submitted roster. He is normally an OL.

NCAA rules require that you have 7 men on the line of scrimmage with the outside man on each end an eligible reciever. If you have a TE and a WR on the same side one of them has to be on the line and one has to be a step back off the line. On that play both Fernandez and the WR were on the LOS making Fernandez ineligible so when he went downfield the flag came out.

'91 fusker game was colder. Wind chill was below zero well before kickoff.

I was at that game. It was also at night. GaDamnIt was it cold.

ditto.

I bundled up for that one like I would to go ski Loveland on a sub zero day.
sorrel boots with 2 pairs socks, one wool. I stood and stomped my feet the whole game.
Long underwear bottoms and ski pants.
long underwear top, wool shirt, hoodie and ski parka.
balaclava
Ski gloves.
a russian style rabbit fur hat with ear flaps.
053256b5b95ba83aebe0998d6c9222d5.jpg

At the beginning of the game I got a lot of ribbing from the "fur is murder" bleeding hearts. But by the 4th quarter, I had several offers from people wanting to buy it from me.

Fur is murder.

But it's only a rabbit, so there's no reason to give a ****.

Didn't want to start a new thread. It sounds like most people stopped watching or left before most of the "good" stuff started happening

Adkins runs hard. All around back. Nice stiff arm
PRich was double covered all game. Press CB with Safety over-top. For whatever reason SC stopped that in the 3rd and PRich broke out for 88 yards
A fan behind me mistook Ross for PRich. So he is fast. Disappointing drop
Webb got annihilated all game. At least 5 missed tackles. We have no depth at LB. Gillam may have injured a rib? The staff was working on him but he kept running around after that, but didn't go back in the game. Zero LB depth. Daigh at OLB? Ouch.
Kafovalu with another solid performance. Our DL might be good next year if we can find a pass-rusher.
Sefo started off horrible, but picked it up later.
Nembot has really looked better as the season has progressed. He isn't a complete liability in pass-pro.
OL played well all things considered. Only two sacks vs a vaunted SC defense and 5 ypc.
Most importantly, lots of fight until the game was over. We could legitimately cheer until 0 seconds left.
It was cold af

Didn't want to start a new thread. It sounds like most people stopped watching or left before most of the "good" stuff started happening

Adkins runs hard. All around back. Nice stiff arm
PRich was double covered all game. Press CB with Safety over-top. For whatever reason SC stopped that in the 3rd and PRich broke out for 88 yards
A fan behind me mistook Ross for PRich. So he is fast. Disappointing drop
Webb got annihilated all game. At least 5 missed tackles. We have no depth at LB. Gillam may have injured a rib? The staff was working on him but he kept running around after that, but didn't go back in the game. Zero LB depth. Daigh at OLB? Ouch.
Kafovalu with another solid performance. Our DL might be good next year if we can find a pass-rusher.
Sefo started off horrible, but picked it up later.
Nembot has really looked better as the season has progressed. He isn't a complete liability in pass-pro.
OL played well all things considered. Only two sacks vs a vaunted SC defense and 5 ypc.
Most importantly, lots of fight until the game was over. We could legitimately cheer until 0 seconds left.
It was cold af

Ross was looking good last night, minus the drops. And Webb got killed on that bootleg play every time, it was like they were playing Madden and just picking the same play because it was unstoppable. Sefo definitely improved in the 2nd half, some of those throws in the first were terrible.

And I found the false toughness of the $c players funny going into the 2nd half. Jumping around and trying to show that they weren't freezing, that fumble return stopped that quickly. I also thought it was funny to see for the most part the Buffs didn't have full sleeves on but nearly every $c player had their long sleeves and anything else they could use.

ditto.

I bundled up for that one like I would to go ski Loveland on a sub zero day.
sorrel boots with 2 pairs socks, one wool. I stood and stomped my feet the whole game.
Long underwear bottoms and ski pants.
long underwear top, wool shirt, hoodie and ski parka.
balaclava
Ski gloves.
a russian style rabbit fur hat with ear flaps.
053256b5b95ba83aebe0998d6c9222d5.jpg

At the beginning of the game I got a lot of ribbing from the "fur is murder" bleeding hearts. But by the 4th quarter, I had several offers from people wanting to buy it from me.

I had on the Sorels too my brother. I stomped as well. But dam was that aluminum bench penetrating right thru those soles. Brrrrr. Throwing snowballs at NU was fun though.

Back