What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014-15 CU vs Arizona State Basketball Preview #1 - Looking to Rebound

RSSBot

News Junkie
Well, not nearly as bad as I was expecting. *Without either Josh Scott or Xavier Johnson, the Buffs came out and hung with the #10 Arizona Wildcats on their home floor, keeping the game within reach into the second half before finally succumbing to the pressure down the stretch. *The final: 68-54, and a backdoor cover.

Losing by 14 is never a comfortable feeling, but I thought the team played well... *and by team I really mean Askia Booker. *Down two of their best scoring threats, it was up to Booker to lead the way, and,*DAYUM, did he answer the call. *The little spark plug scored 30 of the team's 54 points, showing the brazen disregard for circumstance that has endeared him so to fans of #SKIBALL. *He finished 11-17 from the field, 6-9 from three point range, and was CU's only scoring threat. *If you were worrying earlier in the year where the senior's head and heart were at as he struggled through some off-court issues, I hope you've long since stopped, as he's been averaging 20 per game since November 30th.
Ski was magnificent, but he was largely on an island. From: CUBuffs.com
For Arizona, it was all about super frosh Stanley Johnson. *Playing tenaciously on the baseline, he gashed CU's softened underbelly for 22/8/3/2. *It certainly helped his cause that he didn't have to go against Xavier Johnson and help-defense from Josh Scott, but the kid's for real. *His efforts were the difference on Thursday, countering the great work that Booker was putting in.

The trick then will be how the team rebounds from defeat, and carries the respectable effort with them to Tempe. *Today's game is a winnable prize, one that the Buffs would behoove themselves to claim. *If there's any faint Tournament hopes remaining, it's a must, but it's also important for conference positioning. *If Colorado can emerge from the desert at 3-2 in Pac-12 play, having already put road tilts against the league's best in the rear view, they have a leg-up on their competition for a top-six slot. *It may not seem like all that much now, but this result is will loom large on the plane ride to Las Vegas in two months.

--

Tip-off from Wells Fargo Arena is set for 2:30pm this afternoon. *A slight change from Thursday night, when Colorado was featured on ESPN in primetime, CU is back on Pac-12 Network. *What hasn't changed, however, is that Mark Johnson and the radio call will be on 850 KOA.

Click below for the preview...

Read more »
BAVac8qUy_A

Well, not nearly as bad as I was expecting. *Without either Josh Scott or Xavier Johnson, the Buffs came out and hung with the #10 Arizona Wildcats on their home floor, keeping the game within reach into the second half before finally succumbing to the pressure down the stretch. *The final: 68-54, and a backdoor cover.

Losing by 14 is never a comfortable feeling, but I thought the team played well... *and by team I really mean Askia Booker. *Down two of their best scoring threats, it was up to Booker to lead the way, and,*DAYUM, did he answer the call. *The little spark plug scored 30 of the team's 54 points, showing the brazen disregard for circumstance that has endeared him so to fans of #SKIBALL. *He finished 11-17 from the field, 6-9 from three point range, and was CU's only scoring threat. *If you were worrying earlier in the year where the senior's head and heart were at as he struggled through some off-court issues, I hope you've long since stopped, as he's been averaging 20 per game since November 30th.
Ski was magnificent, but he was largely on an island. From: CUBuffs.com
For Arizona, it was all about super frosh Stanley Johnson. *Playing tenaciously on the baseline, he gashed CU's softened underbelly for 22/8/3/2. *It certainly helped his cause that he didn't have to go against Xavier Johnson and help-defense from Josh Scott, but the kid's for real. *His efforts were the difference on Thursday, countering the great work that Booker was putting in.

The trick then will be how the team rebounds from defeat, and carries the respectable effort with them to Tempe. *Today's game is a winnable prize, one that the Buffs would behoove themselves to claim. *If there's any faint Tournament hopes remaining, it's a must, but it's also important for conference positioning. *If Colorado can emerge from the desert at 3-2 in Pac-12 play, having already put road tilts against the league's best in the rear view, they have a leg-up on their competition for a top-six slot. *It may not seem like all that much now, but this result is will loom large on the plane ride to Las Vegas in two months.

--

Tip-off from Wells Fargo Arena is set for 2:30pm this afternoon. *A slight change from Thursday night, when Colorado was featured on ESPN in primetime, CU is back on Pac-12 Network. *What hasn't changed, however, is that Mark Johnson and the radio call will be on 850 KOA.

Click below for the preview...

Read more »
BAVac8qUy_A

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back