What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014-15 CU vs Cal Basketball Preview - The Struggle is Real

RSSBot

News Junkie
This week's Men in Blazers podcast reminded me of a quote from the Great Gatsby (which I loathe): “The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.” *F. Scott Fitzgerald generally had his head up his ass, but managed to find the target with that one. *Standing on the sidelines during a meltdown is the absolute worst.

We've all faced those moments before, and I can't help but feel for Askia Booker, who stared one down last Wednesday. *Sidelined with a pair of hip pointers, all he could do was watch as the Utes ripped his punch-less teammates apart. *There won't be a repeat this evening, however, as Ski's had enough with the watching.
"I'm still playing through some injuries and pain, but I don't really care now. My team needs me. They need me to perform and they need me on the court, so that's what I'm going to do."​
Whatever you say about Ski, the kid knows the tune, and has the will of a warrior. *He's going to fight through the pain to try and give CU a chance at staying afloat. I'm not expecting a lot from Ski, remembering what his jumper looked like at Pauley two weeks ago, but just his presence on the floor will change the way the Buffs are defended. *If that even opens up one extra opportunity for a teammate, then it's worth it.

It's an important moment, because, as Xavier Johnson pointed out today, it's the first time in a long-ass while that everyone on the team practiced together. For all the crap handed out to the squad this year for not having their heads on straight, they've been dealing with a lot of absences, which has contributed to the unique*timbre of the season. Certainly, some of that has been self-inflicted, but it's important to acknowledge that the team we expected to see back in November has rarely had a chance to run out onto the court as a whole.

We'll just have to see how it all fits together this evening. *The time to turn the season around has passed, but there's still pride at stake. *It worked for Cal, as they recently righted their own listing ship, so maybe the Buffs are in store for a revitalizing performance against a team that has often brought the best out of them.

Tip off from the CEC is set for 7pm this evening.* Fox Sports 1 has the pictures, 850 KOA the descriptions. Let's get after it, Buffs!

Click below for the preview...

Read more »
gNQuDGPcXJw

This week's Men in Blazers podcast reminded me of a quote from the Great Gatsby (which I loathe): “The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.” *F. Scott Fitzgerald generally had his head up his ass, but managed to find the target with that one. *Standing on the sidelines during a meltdown is the absolute worst.

We've all faced those moments before, and I can't help but feel for Askia Booker, who stared one down last Wednesday. *Sidelined with a pair of hip pointers, all he could do was watch as the Utes ripped his punch-less teammates apart. *There won't be a repeat this evening, however, as Ski's had enough with the watching.
"I'm still playing through some injuries and pain, but I don't really care now. My team needs me. They need me to perform and they need me on the court, so that's what I'm going to do."​
Whatever you say about Ski, the kid knows the tune, and has the will of a warrior. *He's going to fight through the pain to try and give CU a chance at staying afloat. I'm not expecting a lot from Ski, remembering what his jumper looked like at Pauley two weeks ago, but just his presence on the floor will change the way the Buffs are defended. *If that even opens up one extra opportunity for a teammate, then it's worth it.

It's an important moment, because, as Xavier Johnson pointed out today, it's the first time in a long-ass while that everyone on the team practiced together. For all the crap handed out to the squad this year for not having their heads on straight, they've been dealing with a lot of absences, which has contributed to the unique*timbre of the season. Certainly, some of that has been self-inflicted, but it's important to acknowledge that the team we expected to see back in November has rarely had a chance to run out onto the court as a whole.

We'll just have to see how it all fits together this evening. *The time to turn the season around has passed, but there's still pride at stake. *It worked for Cal, as they recently righted their own listing ship, so maybe the Buffs are in store for a revitalizing performance against a team that has often brought the best out of them.

Tip off from the CEC is set for 7pm this evening.* Fox Sports 1 has the pictures, 850 KOA the descriptions. Let's get after it, Buffs!

Click below for the preview...

Read more »
gNQuDGPcXJw

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back