What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 Class Grade

I'm not sure it was a trade. I think (hope) we take both if they wanted to come

You do? Immediate need?

I can't say I agree. Tackle HS prospect with offers from LSU, FSU, Texas vs JUCO guard prospect with MWC offers. We lost out big time there imo.

Oregon looked up Sully but we had him booked according to coach at luncheon today. LSU, FSU, and Tx showed up after us on Rod. Yup we got poached.

Sully is a 3.7 pre-law, interning in a local law office to pay the freight for school. Bet the steady parade of JUCO talent to ASU would be envious of that.... Naw.

Oregon looked up Sully but we had him booked according to coach at luncheon today. LSU, FSU, and Tx showed up after us on Rod. Yup we got poached.

Sully is a 3.7 pre-law, interning in a local law office to pay the freight for school. Bet the steady parade of JUCO talent to ASU would be envious of that.... Naw.

That's wonderful, but who plays tackle in 2014/2015? The coaches tried to get two different JUCO tackles and they both signed elsewhere. Rodriguez could have pushed for early playing time there as well. You can't win games if you can't protect your QB.

Agreed. ASU is definitely not envious of our program in the least bit. I think we can all agree on that.

I would say Riley and Peterson do. I also think that Leach does as well. Mora, Sarkisan Rich Rod not so much. However, there is no way you can convince me that any other coach in the Pac-12 could have brought SJSU to the top 25. NO WAY!

He doesn't work at SJSU anymore - his job is now to beat the teams in the Pac 12 and they're better than the MWC.

On paper this class is a D+.

That's wonderful, but who plays tackle in 2014/2015? The coaches tried to get two different JUCO tackles and they both signed elsewhere. Rodriguez could have pushed for early playing time there as well. You can't win games if you can't protect your QB.

I liked Rodriguez as much as the next guy, but if our game plan for protecting Sefo in 2014 consisted of him solving our line problems, we were probably going to have some issues in 2014 regardless.

Sully maybe. Maybe one of the OL that redshirted/greyshirted last year. Either way ER would likely have RS this year for us anyway.

Agreed. ASU is definitely not envious of our program in the least bit. I think we can all agree on that.

I am not out to be like ASU. Journeymen players and a Journeyman coach. Do I want a guy who left his Pitt players to learn of his departure via a text? Load our team with Juco versus attempting to give this staff a bit of time? Naw

I have expressed concerns per O line and they are real. Appreciate your concerns. But we cannot get better wishing for someone who rejected us. Rod was a lucky find and yes we got poached. Next up.

Thats right. Coach said tjat as soon as news got out about Sully committing to CU they were trying to set up a official visit for him to UO. Mac said they convinced him to cancel it. Also Mac complimented Toby N a couple times, saying tjat the recruits he was on had serious bcs and PAC 12 competition but he closed the deal with them. Said that after the championship game for Wantanabe, EVERYONE was trying to land him and Grant shut them down. Said Neinas pulling him out of Texas was impressive when every Texas team wanted him after that performance.

Why does Rodriguez have to be a "lucky find", couldn't he just be a good find by the staff who did their homework and was a product of them going to a lot of camps and watching a lot of film on them

Why does Rodriguez have to be a "lucky find", couldn't he just be a good find by the staff who did their homework and was a product of them going to a lot of camps and watching a lot of film on them

Doesn't. But we were 6 months ahead of the horns in their backyard. Wish he had stuck frankly, but he's a Horn now.

Mac talked about some 4 star tight end that everyone in the PAC had offered but us. We didn't like him but liked Keeney (sp?). He camped with us, they ran him trough every drill we have for TEs, and he blew us away.

Then they go to another camp with Keeney and the 4 star. And the other PAC teams see our commit. And go nuts. They start offering him and Mac said they all stopped pursuing the 4 star.

Just goes to show that our staff is doing their homework. They seem to find guys before many other teams do. Mac did brag about that a bit. Mentioned several times how we offer and get a commit then other PAC teams seem to suddenly find interest in our guys.

You all can bitch. I am not sure we make a bowl this year but I think we will see more improvement.

Mac also said that relationships are growing with the high schools and led us to believe that 15 class will be even better.

Doesn't. But we were 6 months ahead of the horns in their backyard. Wish he had stuck frankly, but he's a Horn now.

He wouldn't be if 1. The whorns had kept Mack one more year, or 2., ER didn't have the several generation family ties to UT. Hard to overcome that.

He was a good find, but if we can't get them to CU it doesn't really matter.

Mac talked about some 4 star tight end that everyone in the PAC had offered but us. We didn't like him but liked Keeney (sp?). He camped with us, they ran him trough every drill we have for TEs, and he blew us away.

Then they go to another camp with Keeney and the 4 star. And the other PAC teams see our commit. And go nuts. They start offering him and Mac said they all stopped pursuing the 4 star.

Just goes to show that our staff is doing their homework. They seem to find guys before many other teams do. Mac did brag about that a bit. Mentioned several times how we offer and get a commit then other PAC teams seem to suddenly find interest in our guys.

You all can bitch. I am not sure we make a bowl this year but I think we will see more improvement.

Mac also said that relationships are growing with the high schools and led us to believe that 15 class will be even better.

Do you honestly think other schools coaches aren't saying the same thing?

We were, but the big risk of offering and taking Texas kids is that they are likely gone if Texas comes calling. It sucks, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. Although with the emergence of the schools in Texas I'm not sure if we should spend a bunch of time there going forward. Really wish we could have held onto him.

We were, but the big risk of offering and taking Texas kids is that they are likely gone if Texas comes calling. It sucks, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. Although with the emergence of the schools in Texas I'm not sure if we should spend a bunch of time there going forward. Really wish we could have held onto him.

Agreed

I am not out to be like ASU. Journeymen players and a Journeyman coach. Do I want a guy who left his Pitt players to learn of his departure via a text? Load our team with Juco versus attempting to give this staff a bit of time? Naw

I have expressed concerns per O line and they are real. Appreciate your concerns. But we cannot get better wishing for someone who rejected us. Rod was a lucky find and yes we got poached. Next up.

ASU JUCO signees: 6
CU JUCO signees: 3

So, their JUCOs get nailed with the "journeyman" tag while ours are pre-law and pre-med, so we can feel superior to them? Meh.

Graham is a tool, you'll get no disagreement from me on that front.

Rodriguez was a really good prospect with offers from legit programs. Losing him while bringing in a guy that was headed to CSU (or Oregon if you want to assume they were going to offer) is not a good thing imo. The only positive I can think of is that he will contribute quicker than Rodriguez probably would've, albeit at a position of lesser need.

I really don't get why we're even debating this. Losing Rogriguez hurts, no? We were better off with him than without him.

Agreed. Was kinda leaning on last years ASU juco rush but yes happy to leave them to their own pile. :)

I just hate the word Luncheon. It reminds me of a bunch a 55 year old women eating radish sandwiches.

I love the radish as a stand-alone vegetable, but not on bread as a meal. I think we need Jerry Seinfeld to weigh in on this. :wow:

Back