What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 Colorado @ Arizona basketball game thread

I actually like you guys. Good team. 2nd best fanbase in the conference by a wide margin.

Hell, if Arizona loses Sean, Tad's number 1 on the short list.

Hell, if Arizona loses Sean, it's probably because Tad turned down the job first to stay in Boulder. :smile2:

Yes. There's a talent gap. UA has 4 starters who could go to the NBA after this season and actually have a McDonald's All-American who can't get minutes off the bench.

You do realize that they're an undefeated #1 playing on their home court in a game their coach emphasized, right?

Yeah, I do. And it only magnifies the glaring issue we've had all year long: we are a shockingly bad shooting team.

Booker wouldn't start for 3/4 of the conference. Most coaches expect their #2 to be able to hit a jump shot. I know, asking a lot.

And yeah, the young guys need to develop, sure. But Wes is light years behind where Scott was last year on offense. And Hopkins ... dunno, I'm just not seeing the star-level talent, even in short bursts.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a worse jump shooting team. We made ONE jump shot in the first half.

I'm sick of hearing about the "talent" we have. Josh Scott ... that's it.

The disparity here in overall talent between AZ and us is like watching us vs. Oregon in football. Even with Dinwiddie and Fletcher, we'd only beat these guys if they had a really off night.

Over the last 2 weeks you've made it pretty clear you just started watching CU basketball, when or why did you think this was a top 10 team? Was it that 1 top 25 recruiting class CU's had?

Some brighter spots - but overall pretty tough to watch. On the positive side we only need two to outscore WSU!

Seriously though, win the second half and get some confidence - do not let this turn into a runaway.

This! Battle. Don't stand and watch.

Over the last 2 weeks you've made it pretty clear you just started watching CU basketball, when or why did you think this was a top 10 team? Was it that 1 top 25 recruiting class CU's had?

I"ve been watching CU hoops since 1992. When did I say it was a top 10 team? All I've ever wished is that we could be, oh, maybe better than DEAD LAST in the Pac-12 in perimeter and 3pt shooting (I'm including our stats without Dinwiddie). I know, that's unrealistic.

FWIW, I thought Colorado is a boderline top 10 team at full health.

We probably were. Now we're hopefully a borderline Top 35 team that could advance if it clicks in March with the right draw. Sweet 16 is probably the ceiling now.

We'll probably learn more about where things stand in the ASU game than this one. That one probably tells us whether this is still a team that could find its way to a Pac-12 tourney bye.

FWIW, I thought Colorado is a boderline top 10 team at full health.

I think you're wrong there. We were a top 25 team that could beat anyone on a given night of things were clicking. Certainly not consistent enough to be a top 10 team. Remember, we lost to Baylor and Okie light.

Back