What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 MBB Recruit Profile Index

It looks like 247 did a big rankings update for '14 today, with Perkins (93 rating) and Collier (92) both getting 4 stars. They haven't given a top 100 for the class yet, but they're sitting #45 and 52, respectively, in the composite rankings.

Updated. 247 is still lacking in a lot of profiles, but they're catching up at least.

Big update. Added a few new profiles I've been meaning to add for a while and updated offer lists on a few main guys.

Making the tourney would immensely help our recruiting effort for '14 by showing that last year wasn't just a flash in the pan

Yep.

I also love how much we're targeting Arizona in this class.
This. They put out a lot of talent down there and the Wildcats can't take them out. I'd love to see Tad consistently recruit Arizona. Maybe Hopkins can do a little work on the recruiting trail for us before he comes to Boulder.

Does anyone else feel like we might pull a class of nothing but 4 star players this year? Hell 4 stars should be expected going forward. You can come to CU, win games, and get coached by a guy who turns 3 stars into lottery picks and defensive poy's, or you can play for UA and lose to CU.

Does anyone else feel like we might pull a class of nothing but 4 star players this year? Hell 4 stars should be expected going forward. You can come to CU, win games, and get coached by a guy who turns 3 stars into lottery picks and defensive poy's, or you can play for UA and lose to CU.

It's possible. Every one of THIS year's signees are a 4* on at least 1 service. I wouldn't be surprised to see us mix in a number of 3*'s who fit our system going forward though. Tad has already shown he doesn't care about the hype and will recruit whoever he thinks is the best fit.

You guys recruiting any of the AZ kids hard? From what I've heard Arizona isn't recruiting them too hard and you know ASU will not put up much of a fight... I hear Cheatham is really good though.

You guys recruiting any of the AZ kids hard? From what I've heard Arizona isn't recruiting them too hard and you know ASU will not put up much of a fight... I hear Cheatham is really good though.

I hope so. Benson seems like more of a backup plan at this point, but I know the coaches have been down to watch him play. We haven't heard a lot about the others, but I would really like to see us make a push for Adams and Cheatham. Pickens would add a lot with his shooting too. I'm sure we'll know a lot more in a couple of months.

And we have moved 2013 to the archives as it has pretty much closed down. 2014 now reigns supreme.

Updated Scout Top 100:

8.) Stanley Johnson, SF CA
11.) Rashad Vaughn, SG MN
15.) Daniel Hamilton, SG CA (Vebral to Connecticut)
18.) Josh Perkins, PG CO
26.) Malik Pope, PF CA
43.) Parker Jackson-Cartwright, PG CA (Verbal to Arizona)
44.) Reid Travis, PF MN
58.) Namon Wright, SG CA
62.) Zylan Cheatham, PF AZ
70.) Vic Law, SF IL
72.) Robert Cartwright, PG CA
79.) Brekkott Chapman, PF UT
83.) Andre Adams, PF AZ
84.) Payton Dastrup, C AZ
87.) Chris Sandifer, SG CA
100.) Dominique Collier, PG CO (Verbal to Colorado)

Updated Rivals Top 150 - http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/rankings/rank-2993

7.) Rashad Vaughn, SG MN
8.) Stanley Johnson, PF CA
14.) Malik Pope, PF CA
15.) Daniel Hamilton, SG CA
28.) Josh Perkins, PG CO
40.) Reid Travis, PF MN
53.) Parker Jackson-Cartwright, PG CA (Verbal to Arizona)
57.) Brekkott Chapman, PF UT
60.) Namon Wright, SG NV
76.) Zylan Cheatham, PF AZ
77.) Payton Dastrup, C AZ
79.) Andre Adams, PF AZ
80.) Dominique Collier, PG CO (Verbal to Colorado)
86.) Vic Law, SF IL
88.) Chris Sandifer, SG CA
114.) Dorian Pickens, SF AZ
115.) Idrissa Diallo, C CA
145.) Casey Benson, PG AZ

No Ronnie Harrell profile? The Denver East SF lists Purdue, ASU, KSU, Tulsa, Washington, Wazzou, and Wyo offers

No Ronnie Harrell profile? The Denver East SF lists Purdue, ASU, KSU, Tulsa, Washington, Wazzou, and Wyo offers

interesting. Here is a sorta recent interview. It seems like his offer list is blowing up:

3. When you think of college basketball, what are the first five schools that come to mind? Ronnie Harrell, Jr.: Syracuse, Colorado, Kansas, Gonzaga, and probably Duke

6. How many unofficial college visits have you been to, and where? Ronnie Harrell, Jr.: Just two — Wyoming and Colorado.

http://www.premierball.com/2014-ronnie-harrell-jr-interview/

interesting. Here is a sorta recent interview. It seems like his offer list is blowing up:

http://www.premierball.com/2014-ronnie-harrell-jr-interview/
Will's been talking up Harrell for awhile as a potential top 150 prospect. I know jg really likes his game too. This may be a numbers crunch more than anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got in the game late with Harrell, depending on interest from the bigs. FWIW , I'm about 99% sure that Harrell made his visits with Dom for a couple of games last year. I don't remember which games specifically though. Maybe Arizona part 2?

Will's been talking up Harrell for awhile as a potential top 150 prospect. I know jg really likes his game too. This may be a numbers crunch more than anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got in the game late with Harrell, depending on interest from the bigs. FWIW , I'm about 99% sure that Harrell made his visits with Dom for a couple of games last year. I don't remember which games specifically though. Maybe Arizona part 2?

He is high on CU and will probably end up being 6'10". Will be interesting to watch. Kinda sounds like Copeland.

Last edited:
He is high on CU and will probably end up being 6'10". Will be interesting to watch. Kinda sounds like Copeland.
Harrell and Paige would have probably been our top two realistic targets and we would've been ecstatic to land one of them even 2 years ago. Now, they're both sitting on the outside looking in, with high interest in the Buffs, but no offer. I hope Harrell waits a little while before making a decision though.

Harrell and Paige would have probably been our top two realistic targets and we would've been ecstatic to land one of them even 2 years ago. Now, they're both sitting on the outside looking in, with high interest in the Buffs, but no offer. I hope Harrell waits a little while before making a decision though.

CSU is benefitting from our program also. They are getting good players that would have been buffs in the past.

CSU is benefitting from our program also. They are getting good players that would have been buffs in the past.
Agreed. I don't think there's any chance Paige would be going to Fort Collins if he still had a CU offer.

CSU has earned good recruits too. They've been a damn good program the past few years. The in-state recruits they're landing aren't necessarily guys who would have signed with CU in the past when we were horrible.

Back