What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 NBA Draft talk

Ben Howland lost that job because he lost control over the Reeves kid more than anything

Nelson didnt really have much to do with it, he'd lost the whole team, pissed off the local AAU circuit and pretty well wore out his welcome in westwood. John Wooden and the fact UCLA fans can not seem to accept the fact he is never walking through that door again did Howland in just like it did Steve Lavin in, and will do in Alford.

I was going to ask about Adams. Is there any insight as to which way he's leaning. AZ will also be interesting. I think Gordon is for sure gone and Ashley has said he's coming back. They definitely have a few more players I wouldn't be surprised if they declared. You're right about Utah though. I'm not sure they really lose anyone and have a good recruiting class coming in with Chapman and Kuzma.

here is a quick look at personnel losses in our league.

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/97563-A-quick-look-forward-at-Pac12-basketball-in-2014-15

Only for not making it clear how disappointed the rest of us are in you...

I would like to take this moment to sincerely apologize to everyone I've let down. My friends, family, and most importantly everyone here on this board. I do not condone myself that way.
I would however like to say that I did try my best to start one with Gasm in the CSU thread. So it isn't like I'm not trying.

Last edited:
If Kyle Anderson is late first round, where does that put Spencer? Seems like mid to late second, at best.

Spencer is a better PG than Kyle Anderson. The NBA has 2.5 years of tape and evaluation available to them on Spencer at this point in time. Kyle Anderson just wasn't THAT impressive this year.

What do you guys think about Rondae? I have a horrible feeling he is gonna leave. You guys think he will come back?

What do you guys think about Rondae? I have a horrible feeling he is gonna leave. You guys think he will come back?

He is much better offensively than I thought. I hope he leaves.. and I think he'd be a first rounder if he left. Really just depends on what he wants.

Spencer is a better PG than Kyle Anderson. The NBA has 2.5 years of tape and evaluation available to them on Spencer at this point in time. Kyle Anderson just wasn't THAT impressive this year.
The less tape they have you sometimes the better, harder to pick apart your weaknesses. Not saying that's the case here.

Please tell me I'm missing some sort of sarcasm here.

My thoughts exactly.

14.6 points, 8.8 rebounds and 6.5 assists isn't impressive? Especially on a team loaded with talent like UCLA. Anderson was their best player by far.

Please tell me I'm missing some sort of sarcasm here.

It seems like young fans get blown away by the guys who play like they're trying to win style points. I call it the "Blake Griffin>Tim Duncan Syndrome".

Kyle Anderson is Magic Johnson. UCLA, despite or maybe because of all its high-level talent (big egos), was awful whenever Anderson was taking a breather this year. Whatever NBA team drafts him can bank on All-Star level performance from the PG spot for the next 15 years since big guards have long careers.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm too high on Anderson. But sometimes I actually think I'm underrating the impact he will have on a franchise.

It seems like young fans get blown away by the guys who play like they're trying to win style points. I call it the "Blake Griffin>Tim Duncan Syndrome".

Kyle Anderson is Magic Johnson. UCLA, despite or maybe because of all its high-level talent (big egos), was awful whenever Anderson was taking a breather this year. Whatever NBA team drafts him can bank on All-Star level performance from the PG spot for the next 15 years since big guards have long careers.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm too high on Anderson. But sometimes I actually think I'm underrating the impact he will have on a franchise.

I think Anderson and Dinwiddie are similar players. Except Anderson is 3" taller and probably a better passer. They both are just so smooth with everything they do that sometimes it looks like that are playing hard.

I'm with you. A lot of guys who spend a lot more time evaluating players and get paid for it disagree with me, but I just don't see how he is not a lottery pick. He just makes everyone around him better and even with his relative lack of athleticism, he has the size and the poise to make that translate to the NBA from day one. If you are a team without a top 10 point guard, I just don't see how you pass him up, no matter who is on the board.

I couldn't agree more. He's so highly efficient, unselfish and deceptively quick .... 3 things that translate to the NBA so well. I love Spencer, but I see Anderson as a clear level above. And based on what scouts and mocks are saying, Anderson's a late first rounder. So Spencer is not going in the first round. Seems like he's really gambling if he declares. I hope he gets great advice .... and selfishly hope he stays.

I think Anderson and Dinwiddie are similar players. Except Anderson is 3" taller and probably a better passer. They both are just so smooth with everything they do that sometimes it looks like that are playing hard.

Mostly agree. Although Dinwiddie is a MUCH better defender. That's the one thing that makes me nervous about Slo Mo on the next level - his D is pretty horrific. That said, there are some pretty damn bad defenders in the NBA who are all-stars, so it's not like that's a deal breaker. Especially for someone who you might be able to grab around pick #10-15.

I think Anderson is the perfect 3rd guy for a team.....he won't be a superstar or the main guy opposite a superstar, but he will be the guy that is consistent, gets you 15 points - 7 boards and 5 assist a night, and helps you get titles. He is like Ginobli for the Spurs.....Parker and Duncan are the stars...but Ginobli beats you more often than not

I doubt Anderson is a good enough an athlete to be a star at the NBA level. But offensively he could be a matchup nightmare

Back