What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 NBA Draft talk

I doubt Anderson is a good enough an athlete to be a star at the NBA level. But offensively he could be a matchup nightmare

So Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Chris Mullen, and John Stockton couldn't cut it in today's NBA? He won't be a good defender and won't jump out of the gym, but he'll do most everything else well above average and I believe he'll be a star.

If John Stockton and Penny Hardaway had a kid, it would be Kyle Anderson.

So Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Chris Mullen, and John Stockton couldn't cut it in today's NBA? He won't be a good defender and won't jump out of the gym, but he'll do most everything else well above average and I believe he'll be a star.

No he wouldn't...your comparisons are terrible & I'm not going to take the time to write why each is...one exception only a shade of Mullen + a couple of inches that's about as close as you'll get...the rest..it's called B-ball IQ in which Anderson seems to have a shortage of.

No he wouldn't...your comparisons are terrible & I'm not going to take the time to write why each is...one exception only a shade of Mullen + a couple of inches that's about as close as you'll get...the rest..it's called B-ball IQ in which Anderson seems to have a shortage of.

Not saying he's a future HOFer or anything but, uhh.. Strongly disagree here.

Ok, yeah, you're right, I'm really going out on a limb here. I'm of the opinion that Kyle Anderson is an extremely high-IQ guy, with all of the tools, except elite athleticism to be a perennial all-star and possible future HOFer.

I'll probably be wrong, but I'll go on record as saying that he'll be all-rookie next season,and begin his string of all-star appearances by 2016-17.

I'm in disagreement with you on this one.

If you don't consider Anderson a plus athlete, then you have to somehow account for him being a triple-double type player. I'm not sure how you account for him filling the stat sheet like he does if you don't think he has a high basketball IQ.

Have you watched Larry Bird and Magic Johnson play? I don't think many have watched Magi and criticized his athletic ability.

If there ever was a team that took on the personality of a player, it was Bird's Celtic teams. Bird was a great team defender but a mediocre at best man defender.

And I didn't say that he wouldn't cut it, just that he will not be a star player.

Kyle Anderson won't play PG at the next level

Have you watched Larry Bird and Magic Johnson play? I don't think many have watched Magi and criticized his athletic ability.

If there ever was a team that took on the personality of a player, it was Bird's Celtic teams. Bird was a great team defender but a mediocre at best man defender.

And I didn't say that he wouldn't cut it, just that he will not be a star player.

Kyle Anderson won't play PG at the next level

Fair enough. Magic's athletic ability, in today's NBA would probably be considered average at best, but certainly at a level far above Anderson.

I probably laid the hyperbole on a little thick, but my point was that it doesn't take great athletic ability to be a great player. I'm in the camp that believes he'll be a very special player.

But, if you're correct and he can't play PG at the next level, he won't be a star player. His PG skills at his size are what will potentially make him special. Probably not even a starter at SF.

I'm certainly in the minority in this opinion, but, for now, that's my position and I'm sticking with it.

I would love to see the Nuggets take Anderson and pair him in the backcourt with Ty. Lawson plays the point as more of a penetrator, put Anderson's passing ability at the 2 and you have a nice backcourt combo.

I am surprised about Adams staying at UCLA....but they still have a few replacements they have to gel together

Last edited:
Breaking news: Kentucky returns two players!!!!

Harrison twins coming back, reportedly motivated by desire to avoid playing against Spencer Dinwiddie for another year.
link

edit: for some reason didn't see the two previous posts. visual grep fail.

Last edited:
Back