What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 NCAA Auto-Bids & Bubble Busters

girlfriend from highschool goes there and their whole family went there and all I would hear about is how great they are then when they play a real team they get bounced like last year. They act like they are Duke and brag about being San Francisco on the road. With all of the conference realignment they could have gotten in a better basketball conference imo.

girlfriend from highschool goes there and their whole family went there and all I would hear about is how great they are then when they play a real team they get bounced like last year. They act like they are Duke and brag about being San Francisco on the road. With all of the conference realignment they could have gotten in a better basketball conference imo.

Zags are in a tough spot with no football. Not much place to go as the "basketball conferences" like the new Big East and A10 are way too far away. Other than the MWC making Gonzaga an exception basketball only member, there's really no option for them other than to remain in the WCC.

Zags are in a tough spot with no football. Not much place to go as the "basketball conferences" like the new Big East and A10 are way too far away. Other than the MWC making Gonzaga an exception basketball only member, there's really no option for them other than to remain in the WCC.

Wcc not that bad anyway. BYU, St. Mary's, Zags, and USF is getting better every year.

Wcc not that bad anyway. BYU, St. Mary's, Zags, and USF is getting better every year.

If only they could bring Wichita State over. MVC is miserable with Creighton gone. Wichita joining the Zags and secondary competition like BYU and St. Mary's would be solid...4 bid conference.

That's fair. And they do schedule a pretty decent OOC unlike St. Mary's. I just don't like Gonzaga I guess haha

That's fair. And they do schedule a pretty decent OOC unlike St. Mary's. I just don't like Gonzaga I guess haha

Zags are polarizing. Pissed me off for a while after UVA was one of their early victims. However I respect their OOC scheduling. St. Mary's is a disgrace, glad they're being completely ignored this year. Maybe it teaches them their pathetic OOC's aren't acceptable for an at large bid.

If only they could bring Wichita State over. MVC is miserable with Creighton gone. Wichita joining the Zags and secondary competition like BYU and St. Mary's would be solid...4 bid conference.

MVC is young this year. They'll be okay in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MVC is young this year. They'll be okay in a few years.

MVC is bound to improve...Northern Iowa, Missouri State will pop back up, but it's never going to be quite what it was with Creighton now gone. Adding Loyola to replace Creighton was a mistake. Replacing Creighton with a program that hasn't made the Dance in 30 years. Should have gone after a school like Green Bay, Murray State, Belmont or even North Dakota State and South Dakota State.

Agree 100 percent. Especially when they already have NDSU and SDSU in the Valley in football.

Championship games today (Tuesday, 3/11):

Northeast conference - Mount St. Mary's vs Robert Morris. 1-bid league. Robert Morris isn't a completely bad team.

Horizon league. Milwaukee vs Wright State. 1-bid league. Neither is really Dance worthy. Wright State would be better.

Summit league. IPFW vs North Dakota State. 1-bid league. I'm cheering for IPFW since I don't know what IPFW stands for and I want to learn.

West Coast conference. BYU vs Gonzaga. 2-bid league and these are the 2. Hoping for an entertaining game tonight.

Mount St. Mary's won the Northeast and Milwaukee won the Horizon

Ugh. MSM doesn't even have a winning record. Just can't enjoy that, personally. Selection show will show them jumping around holding up the "#1" sign when it gets announced they're in the 16 seed play in game for the right to lose to Florida by 49.

Ugh. MSM doesn't even have a winning record. Just can't enjoy that, personally. Selection show will show them jumping around holding up the "#1" sign when it gets announced they're in the 16 seed play in game for the right to lose to Florida by 49.
The downside of letting your one-bid league being decided by three day tournament so you can play one game in front of a national audience.

The downside of letting your one-bid league being decided by three day tournament so you can play one game in front of a national audience.

Would Robert Morris have been any different? Both teams lost bad to tourney teams. MSM actually played a good OOC (Michigan St, Villanova, WVU, BYU, Texas Tech, Penn St, Bucknell) so I can't criticize their record too much.

Robert Morris deserves to be there for winning the regular season, but it's not a huge deal. After all, it was our own conference tourney that got us in over our conference's regular season champ two years ago.

Would Robert Morris have been any different? Both teams lost bad to tourney teams. MSM actually played a good OOC (Michigan St, Villanova, WVU, BYU, Texas Tech, Penn St, Bucknell) so I can't criticize their record too much.

Robert Morris deserves to be there for winning the regular season, but it's not a huge deal. After all, it was our own conference tourney that got us in over our conference's regular season champ two years ago.

I thought Bryant was the team from the NEC that had the best shot at playing a competitive tourney game. They can shoot. Somehow, they fell apart in mid-February. That team can shoot. But, no, I don't think Robert Morris would have done anything in the Dance.

I thought Bryant was the team from the NEC that had the best shot at playing a competitive tourney game. They can shoot. Somehow, they fell apart in mid-February. That team can shoot. But, no, I don't think Robert Morris would have done anything in the Dance.

Interesting. Impressed with your guys' dedication to follow the sport down to that level.. Buffs suffer a tough loss and I want nothing but to avoid college basketball for a few days.

I like the fact the Ivy League gives it's (usual) one-bid to the best regular season team and if it comes down to it they have a one-game tiebreaker.

I don't like how these conferences very much discount the regular season so they can get some exposure they wouldn't get otherwise. Believe me, I get why they do it. I just don't like how it's treated like a high school playoff tournament and every team makes it regardless of record and they're only playing for seeding.

I like it in the old Big East how they eliminated the worst teams. I like how this conference and others gives the higher seed homecourt advantage.

And to your last point your absolutely right. We benefited from that kind of thing even though the Pac-12 got another bid that year. The difference is the Pac-12 was very down that year, even if let's say Wazzu won this year, the Pac-12 would still get a lot of representation. I don't think a one-bid league should be awarding it this way.

Definitely not disagreeing with your assessment that Robert Morris would've done much. For these lower-tiered leagues, just making it is huge so I just want the most deserving team in (not saying you're saying otherwise).

But hey these are the rules, these teams knew going into the season, the regular season crown only meant the NIT.

Interesting. Impressed with your guys' dedication to follow the sport down to that level.. Buffs suffer a tough loss and I want nothing but to avoid college basketball for a few days.
Between Cville, Buffnik, Rumbin, Goose, Ziskin and others that I'm neglecting to mention, we got some great, passionate fans who know CU, Pac-12, and the whole college basketball landscape in many cases.

North Dakota State in.

Gonzaga doesn't look as good as past Gonzaga teams have been playing against a BYU team that isn't very good either.

Gonzaga may get a better seed than they deserve based off reputation and be an upset victim in the first round this year.

NDSU Won.....Is something going on w athletics there, or do they have a friend that's a large landowner in Western ND? They seem to have come on strong in FB & now this

North Dakota State in.

Gonzaga doesn't look as good as past Gonzaga teams have been playing against a BYU team that isn't very good either.

Gonzaga may get a better seed than they deserve based off reputation and be an upset victim in the first round this year.
I'm all too used to the Zags not living up to expectations in March.

Back