What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 NCAA Auto-Bids & Bubble Busters

And I don't mean this in a demeaning way, but to Mtn's point, how many national TV games did you have?

I don't see the format changing, as much as I would like it to.

Actually the one conference game that we lost. But it's not like the tournament games are available on tv nationally. I don't know if you get CSS, but I believe that's only in the south and not every provider offers it and that's what the games have been on. I've had to watch them on ESPN3. I understand why they do it, I just don't like it. Of course if we were in 2nd place, I'd love the format.

Actually the one conference game that we lost. But it's not like the tournament games are available on tv nationally. I don't know if you get CSS, but I believe that's only in the south and not every provider offers it and that's what the games have been on. I've had to watch them on ESPN3. I understand why they do it, I just don't like it. Of course if we were in 2nd place, I'd love the format.
Like you said you know why they do it -- the Final is nationally televised. So it's one guaranteed high-profile game a year. People love the drama of a do-or-die game like this.

I wish every smaller league did what the Ivy League did and a potential one-game playoff if there was a tie. And I know (no offense), the smaller conferences are mostly sacrificial lambs, but it's still big for the kids to say they played a March Madness game.

Congratulations to Danny Manning. Tulsa wins CUSA and in his second year ever as a head coach Manning is dancing.

When they showed the score and I saw La Tech's record I wondered if they still might be in play but it looks unlikely, so I checked and a lack of quality wins plus a weak SOS doesn't look good.

When they showed the score and I saw La Tech's record I wondered if they still might be in play but it looks unlikely, so I checked and a lack of quality wins plus a weak SOS doesn't look good.

I think Southern Miss is getting an at-large, though. C-USA gets 2 teams.

Like you said you know why they do it -- the Final is nationally televised. So it's one guaranteed high-profile game a year. People love the drama of a do-or-die game like this.

I wish every smaller league did what the Ivy League did and a potential one-game playoff if there was a tie. And I know (no offense), the smaller conferences are mostly sacrificial lambs, but it's still big for the kids to say they played a March Madness game.

Yeah we probably would be a sacrificial lamb, but if we played well who knows what would happen. We have pretty good guards, we just can't rebound at all.

The bubble is wide open this year. There wasn't one upset among the autobids this year. (There were some upsets, but not any that stole a bubble spot - they were all in one bid leagues.)

The Bracketologists will earn their salaries this year.

Congrats to Coach Mike Davis and his Texas Southern team for winning the SWAC and making the Dance.

Good point, and their resume is much better than La Tech's

RPI is solid at 33. As far as I can tell a road win at North Dakota State is the one decent win they have. Not really a fan of giving teams like this a bid, but wouldn't be surprising to see the committee award it.

We've got another absurd conference final tonight: Cal Poly vs CS Northridge. Neither team has a winning record. UCSB and UCI were the best teams in the Big West by a mile

LA Lafayette just beat W Kentucky in the Sun Belt semis. Not the result Georgia State wanted -- 2 close games with LA-L this year but blew out WKU.

LA Lafayette just beat W Kentucky in the Sun Belt semis. Not the result Georgia State wanted -- 2 close games with LA-L this year but blew out WKU.

I definitely was pulling for WKU in that one. Last time we face Lafayette it took a three with less than a second left to win and WKU we beat by 23 and 18.

UCLA, Louisville, New Mexico, W Michigan and NC Central all punch tickets.

Toledo could theoretically get an at-large from the MAC, but I don't see it happening. RPI not quite good enough and too many conference losses.

Weber State is your Big Sky champion.

Finally a clear best team in conference gets bid. Big Sky plays 20 conference regular season games, and then the tournament. I guess it's because of the lack of teams in the west, but damn that's a long conference season.

Virginia, St. Joe's and LA-Lafayette win.

(Feeling bad for Georgia State right now. So close to the Dance.)

Michigan State wins the B1G by whipping Michigan.

Florida wins the SEC. Kentucky had trouble rebounding a free throw and then couldn't get a shot out of a timeout. Maybe that's a "young team" issue and I (and others) have been too hard on Tad this year?

Back