What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 NFL Draft Early Entrants

Even more reason for the Broncos to let Eric Decker walk...

Because of his stats this year Decker is going to get offered a boatload of money by somebody, Broncos win the SB and it is likely to be even more.

He's a good reciever but not a special reciever. I don't know exactly where the Broncos are with the salary cap but they have a big number just tied up with Manning, Champ, Clady, Vasquez, etc. and there are some other guys coming up in the near future like DT who are going to get paid as well.

Denver should be able to either draft someone to replace him, maybe with a mid-range choice and/or signing a veteran FA who is cut loose because of a team drafting a WR high.

Because of his stats this year Decker is going to get offered a boatload of money by somebody, Broncos win the SB and it is likely to be even more.

He's a good reciever but not a special reciever. I don't know exactly where the Broncos are with the salary cap but they have a big number just tied up with Manning, Champ, Clady, Vasquez, etc. and there are some other guys coming up in the near future like DT who are going to get paid as well.

Denver should be able to either draft someone to replace him, maybe with a mid-range choice and/or signing a veteran FA who is cut loose because of a team drafting a WR high.

Yes, those would be the other reasons to let Decker walk.

Need to let Champ go IMO. Great career, HOF, no longer worth the $$, unless he agrees to a monumental pay cut. I'd say Decker is worth a max of $5MM/year but no more.

Need to let Champ go IMO. Great career, HOF, no longer worth the $$, unless he agrees to a monumental pay cut. I'd say Decker is worth a max of $5MM/year but no more.

How much is left on his contract?

How much is left on his contract?

Contract:4 yr(s) / $42,500,000Signing Bonus - Average Salary $10,625,000 Guaranteed:$14,500,000Free Agent:2015 / Unrestricted
YearBaseS. BonusMisc.Cap HitDead
2011 6,500,000 - 4,500,000 11,000,000 -
2012 8,000,000 - 3,250,000 11,250,000 -
2013 9,500,000 - 1,250,000 10,750,000 1,250,000
2014 9,000,000 - 1,000,000 10,000,000 -

DeAnthony Thomas declares

Speculation that he will drop to no earlier than the 3rd round because of his size and concerns about his durability.

I wonder if Denver would be interested in him. They have enough other weapons that he wouldn't be counted on to carry a big workload. He could give them a replacement for Holliday who still has the explosiveness and game breaking ability with much less risk of making a stupid mistake that cost points. He could also give a nice 3rd down compliment at RB behind Knowshawn with Ball being your workhorse type. He could even be used in the slot or in motion out of the backfield.

Speculation that he will drop to no earlier than the 3rd round because of his size and concerns about his durability.

I wonder if Denver would be interested in him. They have enough other weapons that he wouldn't be counted on to carry a big workload. He could give them a replacement for Holliday who still has the explosiveness and game breaking ability with much less risk of making a stupid mistake that cost points. He could also give a nice 3rd down compliment at RB behind Knowshawn with Ball being your workhorse type. He could even be used in the slot or in motion out of the backfield.

If Denver spends one more pick on a RB I will scream. 7 picks a year and a lot of positions to cover. Teams make a living all day long finding UFA RBs. Elway needs to focus on the other 21 positions.

So how far down in the draft does PRich have to fall before we start to second guess his decision? I'm less than confident with each passing day regarding his payday. Hope to be very wrong on this.

If Denver spends one more pick on a RB I will scream. 7 picks a year and a lot of positions to cover. Teams make a living all day long finding UFA RBs. Elway needs to focus on the other 21 positions.

I agree with you to a large extent. Most of the top RBs in the NFL are at home playing golf for the playoffs. Denver spent a 2nd on Montee Ball who while coming on well in the second half of the season hasn't made a big impact and a 3rd on Ronnie Hillman who may only still be on the team because they like to give draft choices every chance to stick. There are FA backs who have certainly performed better than Hillman and you could argue Ball.

That said I wouldn't look at picking him as much as a RB as I would a potential game breaker. He would be your PR/KR and a utility guy at RB/WR. Certainly not saying use a high pick on him but if he dropped into the 4th/5th/6th he could well be worth a look.

His speed and elusiveness makes him potentially a special talent. Those guys are always worth a look.

Unless RG3 takes a big step forward as an NFL QB that trade is looking to be hugely one-sided in favor of the Rams. If St.L does take Matthews and he ends up as a top end LT it will be a big mismatch.

Of course if RG3 turns it around and becomes a franchise type QB then it looks completely different but so far it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Also I'd bet that Manziel to Cleveland and Clowney to the Raiders would both end up in train wrecks.

Unless RG3 takes a big step forward as an NFL QB that trade is looking to be hugely one-sided in favor of the Rams. If St.L does take Matthews and he ends up as a top end LT it will be a big mismatch.

Of course if RG3 turns it around and becomes a franchise type QB then it looks completely different but so far it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Also I'd bet that Manziel to Cleveland and Clowney to the Raiders would both end up in train wrecks.

That has to be one of the best trades (in favor of Rams obviously) in the last decade or so.

RG3 could still be special if he gets his knee mojo back. But I'm leaning towards the fact that he won't be the same and that Shanny destroyed his career.

Too early to count RG3 out. I still think he's a special player. His second year was similar to Cam Newton in the sense that both were criticized for seemingly not showing improvement, but both actually put up good stats. I know RG3s injury issues put him in a precarious position, but it's too early to say that St. Louis got the better of the trade, particularly since we don't know how all those picks will turn out yet. On an unrelated note, I'm surprised so many players are staying in school. Unfortunately for us, a lot of them are in the Pac-12.

good lord, P12 defenses are going to be hurting next year. So many QBs coming back or getting into their 2d year.

There is a huge marketing form trying to get Johnny to the jags. If we pick bottles I will flip ****.

Back