What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 Official Uniform Thread

We need new unis now. The away unis we wore for the CSU game last year were horrible. Put me in the camp of those ready for a change.

View attachment 14096

I wish we would ditch the gold pants/white jersey combo and stick with black pants only with our white tops, but otherwise I think those uniforms are sweet. I'm not opposed to mixing it up, but these are pretty timeless and sharp IMO.

I have never liked the white jersey for any team I follow. I wish we could always have something else, like Lakers home Jerseys or the grey BBall jersey's we used to wear.

There was a small minority of people who opposed the change to the switch to 25-year-old uniforms when they did it a few years ago. Curiously, that group seems to have grown tremendously as of late...

The national championship era jerseys looked outdated when they implemented them and they look more so now. Update is good.

Blhcb0sCIAEnDxa.jpg:large

Blhcb0tCQAA9yts.jpg:large

**** son you must be blind :lol:

no dude, I got LASIK last week!

From the UW website:

"The updated uniform aesthetic features three jerseys, four pants and three helmet colors to allow for a myriad of options on the field. The design was inspired by the school’s iconic “W” logo, as well as the team mascot, the Husky.

"The Huskies’ purple home jersey introduces black accents for a tough, bold aesthetic. Black double mesh shoulder panels in the front of the jersey mimic the iconic “jaws” of Husky Stadium. Black has also been featured within the shoulder numbers as well as the baselayer. The Huskies’ away look reverses the aesthetic, harnessing the power of an “arctic blast,” featuring a white jersey and pant as well as a textured white helmet with an anodized purple facemask. The new all-black alternate jersey and pant feature purple and gold accents throughout, incorporating “DAWGS” lettering down the side of the pant. In addition, the Huskies will have the option to integrate a solid gold pant with any of the three jersey colors."

Pretty soon every team in the country is going to have their black and gold (plus a dash of their actual team color) uniform. CU and Vanderbilt should start sending cease and desists to teams.

no dude, I got LASIK last week!

From the UW website:

"The updated uniform aesthetic features three jerseys, four pants and three helmet colors to allow for a myriad of options on the field. The design was inspired by the school’s iconic “W” logo, as well as the team mascot, the Husky.

"The Huskies’ purple home jersey introduces black accents for a tough, bold aesthetic. Black double mesh shoulder panels in the front of the jersey mimic the iconic “jaws” of Husky Stadium. Black has also been featured within the shoulder numbers as well as the baselayer. The Huskies’ away look reverses the aesthetic, harnessing the power of an “arctic blast,” featuring a white jersey and pant as well as a textured white helmet with an anodized purple facemask. The new all-black alternate jersey and pant feature purple and gold accents throughout, incorporating “DAWGS” lettering down the side of the pant. In addition, the Huskies will have the option to integrate a solid gold pant with any of the three jersey colors."

Pretty soon every team in the country is going to have their black and gold (plus a dash of their actual team color) uniform. CU and Vanderbilt should start sending cease and desists to teams.

Black is not one of our colors. Vanderbilt can send cease and desists. Not us.

Wow ... I never knew. ... and I call my self a CU fan. I guess I can't rag on everyone for using black. We just stole it first =/
:facepalm:
School Colors

Since 1888, CU-Boulder students have proudly worn the official school colors: silver and gold, symbolizing the mineral riches of Colorado. Today, black is often used as a background color to provide greater contrast for the gold
http://www.colorado.edu/about/history-traditions

The Buffs are black and gold. Dont care if it's unofficial official colors.

Fix the piss yellow shoulders and I am happy. Just hate not matching on hdtv, compounds our ish play with looking more bush

From phone

Note, these are not for sale, just submitted for fun!

New uniform proposal...

sudu5upy.jpg

byme6ypy.jpg

ry6yzujy.jpg

Sorry they're so big

Our home jerseys have been black since the 30's

I believe the black jerseys were first worn with Coach Sonny Grandelius in 1959-1961. The pants were silver. The jerseys were gold before Grandelius used black. Grandelius was paying players just like everyone else, but he got caught and was fired. He had some good teams. Bud Davis returned to using gold jerseys for the disaster 1-10 season in 1962. Eddie Crowder brought back black jerseys when he took over the program in 1963. I can't remember when, but the pants changed to gold.

Fairbanks started the sky blue jerseys around 1980 because it was said that a goofball regent thought the jerseys should match the Colorado sky. I think it was around 1985 that Coach Mac changed to black jerseys again. He also started using the black pants on the road. So black has been an unofficial "sport" color to go along with silver and gold school colors for more than 50 years.

(Don't get me started on the ridiculous all white road crap. :lol: )

Back