What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 Pac12 tourney Non-Colorado games thread

Not only AZ, but I just too a look at some of the other games going on right now:

Louisville 58, Rutgers 16 with a min. left in the 1st
SDSU 59, Utah St. 25 with ~11:00 to go in the 2nd half

da-yam

wowzers. Utah has yet to get a FG in this half. they have five in the game. very rapey.

So, Utah is still totally a bubble team, right?

I'm thinking there are only a handful of teams in the country that wouldn't have to worry about Arizona doing that to them.

This does nothing to change my opinion that Utah is better than teams like Arkansas and Missouri.

Not only AZ, but I just too a look at some of the other games going on right now:

Louisville 58, Rutgers 16 with a min. left in the 1st
SDSU 59, Utah St. 25 with ~11:00 to go in the 2nd half

da-yam

Yeah, Louisville/Rutgers is actually way worse than this. Louisville is a top 3 team right now.

Ummmm, maybe we want to let Cal deal with that...

I kid, but damn, AZ is probably the best team in the country at the moment.

Wow, thought Utah would at least give them a competitive game. Other then Florida, dunno if anyone has much of a shot of beating Arizona in a game.

If we make it to that game, we need to get real tough in a hurry. And by tough, I mean defensively aggressive and foul-y like USC gave to us. Ben Mills needs to have five hard fouls before halftime.

UCLA has dominated Oregon this second half, leading by 18 in final few minutes. UCLA shooting lights out (60 percent) and Oregon has 21 fouls to UCLA's 12.

UCLA has dominated Oregon this second half, leading by 18 in final few minutes. UCLA shooting lights out (60 percent) and Oregon has 21 fouls to UCLA's 12.

Sure. UCLA rolled the Ducks by 19 after getting hot in the 2nd half. But the talking heads will be sure to educate us on how it's different from when that happened to CU. Because, well, it didn't happen to Oregon after they lost Spencer Dinwiddie to injury so it's not as bad of a loss.

So ... ASU-Stanford is on FS1? That SUX big dicks! :bang:

Anyone have a feed to a live stream?

So ... ASU-Stanford is on FS1? That SUX big dicks! :bang:

Anyone have a feed to a live stream?

Well it allows the Pac to get some exposure outside of the west coast for the 50 people still awake in the east and central time zones. That's actually an improvement over the 2 people in the entire eastern time zone who get the Pac12 Network

Well it allows the Pac to get some exposure outside of the west coast for the 50 people still awake in the east and central time zones. That's actually an improvement over the 2 people in the entire eastern time zone who get the Pac12 Network
There's only 48 others?

Game started 4 minutes late or so with the Big East game running long. Any 'Furd students show up?

Does the Pac-12 realize they're the only conference in the dark while everything to the east is being shown to the whole country?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the Pac-12 realize they're the only conference in the dark while everything to the east is being shown to the whole country?

they realize, I'm just not sure they comprehend how big of a deal it is. I personally don't believe Cal would be written off like they have been had the Pac12 not been invisible to anyone east of Denver.

Because people on the East Coast would be watching Colorado vs Cal with all of the other games going on? I also don't know if you would be able to get the SEC tournament on the west coast because it's on Peachtree tv for me in Atlanta.

Because people on the East Coast would be watching Colorado vs Cal with all of the other games going on? I also don't know if you would be able to get the SEC tournament on the west coast because it's on Peachtree tv for me in Atlanta.

Extra eyeballs will watch. People like a close game regardless of whether it's their team. Pac basketball fans have a good sense of what's happening in the ACC and B1G. You can't say the same for ACC fans knowing anything about the Pac beyond "Arizona could make the Final Four and UCLA is somewhat decent".

Extra eyeballs will watch. People like a close game regardless of whether it's their team. Pac basketball fans have a good sense of what's happening in the ACC and B1G. You can't say the same for ACC fans knowing anything about the Pac beyond "Arizona could make the Final Four and UCLA is somewhat decent".

But do Pac-12 fans know about the B1G and ACC teams that aren't good? If you were a typical basketball fan on the west coast, would you be watching GA Tech vs BC? It's the same thing with the Pac-12 Network. If we had two top 10 teams in the conference playing, I bet the game wouldn't be on the Pac-12 Network.

People would be tuning in at the end of the game. It would give another option. People do watch multiple TVs at sports bars.

There were a bunch of games this year where I'd see people with no affiliation to CU or the Pac-12 talking about a close game the Buffs were in and to tune into whatever network it is on.

People would be tuning in at the end of the game. It would give another option. People do watch multiple TVs at sports bars.

There were a bunch of games this year where I'd see people with no affiliation to CU or the Pac-12 talking about a close game the Buffs were in and to tune into whatever network it is on.

I guess I just don't see what other option they have.

I guess I just don't see what other option they have.
If the other games are bad games. No I don't think it would be greatly appealing. Plenty of people don't care about many of the games that are nationally televised, doesn't mean they'd be better off being on a channel hardly anyone gets.

But do Pac-12 fans know about the B1G and ACC teams that aren't good? If you were a typical basketball fan on the west coast, would you be watching GA Tech vs BC? It's the same thing with the Pac-12 Network. If we had two top 10 teams in the conference playing, I bet the game wouldn't be on the Pac-12 Network.

Well, GT vs BC games are littered across ESPNU and ESPN2 the entire season while Pac games featuring, say, ASU vs Oregon are on the Pac12 network. Sure, you can find an exception here and there but overall it's pretty bleak. Our distance and time differences can never be eliminated, but our exposure situation remains pretty bad. We're so far behind the ACC, B1G and Big XII in terms of national exposure. Part of the way to change that is to schedule better OOC, which every team not named Colorado or Arizona needs to do. But the Pac is the #3 conference overall, and arguably the deepest. We aren't getting coverage as such. Cal being completely wiped off the bubble after today is concerning because frankly their resume is no worse than B1G, Big East and SEC bubble teams people are discussing as being in the field. Cal stumbles down the stretch and it's because they aren't good enough to Dance, meanwhile Minnesota and Iowa stumble down the stretch because the "B1G is so tough". I mean, we're sitting with 23 wins and a top 20 SOS and the AP is still writing about us like CU making the Dance is completely up in the air. An ACC or B1G school with 23 wins and a top 20 SOS would be discussed as a five seed.

I have a sense of that, and I haven't seen a single second of an ACC or B1G tourney game. But I take the time to educate myself on those conferences anyway. ACC fans can do the same even without P12N. There's a whole big internet out there that could help.

The fact of the matter is that the ACC games would be on an ACC Network in a nanosecond if the ACC thought they could make money by doing it.

Well, GT vs BC games are littered across ESPNU and ESPN2 the entire season while Pac games featuring, say, ASU vs Oregon are on the Pac12 network. Sure, you can find an exception here and there but overall it's pretty bleak. Our distance and time differences can never be eliminated, but our exposure situation remains pretty bad. We're so far behind the ACC, B1G and Big XII in terms of national exposure. Part of the way to change that is to schedule better OOC, which every team not named Colorado or Arizona needs to do. But the Pac is the #3 conference overall, and arguably the deepest. We aren't getting coverage as such. Cal being completely wiped off the bubble after today is concerning because frankly their resume is no worse than B1G, Big East and SEC bubble teams people are discussing as being in the field. Cal stumbles down the stretch and it's because they aren't good enough to Dance, meanwhile Minnesota and Iowa stumble down the stretch because the "B1G is so tough". I mean, we're sitting with 23 wins and a top 20 SOS and the AP is still writing about us like CU making the Dance is completely up in the air. An ACC or B1G school with 23 wins and a top 20 SOS would be discussed as a five seed.

And that's where I take issue with the ESPN deal. Boston College stands to be on national TV any game they play Duke or UNC. Do UCLA or Arizona get the same broadcast slot when they play Washington State? Someone who does their research is free to look that up this year and debunk my accusations against the east coast bias, but at the moment all I can do now is think of some major conference tournament where they match up teams like BC and Wazzu to determine the best of the worst. I'd totally watch that too because March Madness y'all.

If the other games are bad games. No I don't think it would be greatly appealing. Plenty of people don't care about many of the games that are nationally televised, doesn't mean they'd be better off being on a channel hardly anyone gets.

Is it a channel that hardly anyone gets or just anyone with Directv. I have it on U-verse and don't you get it on TWC, Comcast, and Dish?

Back