What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 Pac12 tourney Non-Colorado games thread

Is it a channel that hardly anyone gets or just anyone with Directv. I have it on U-verse and don't you get it on TWC, Comcast, and Dish?

Most anyone in the east does not and cannot get it. Some exceptions (like you) but you're in a very small minority. I have to watch games streamed from a website based in Europe.

Is it a channel that hardly anyone gets or just anyone with Directv. I have it on U-verse and don't you get it on TWC, Comcast, and Dish?
Ok I'm about to sound like a broken record here. Since I live in one of the wealthiest areas of the country in one of the top markets in the nation, yet only a handful of establishments televise it, I think that's a problem. Not to mention this is a very transient area, plenty of people who have no ties to DC live here. Whenever you go to a sporting event, the visiting team has good numbers. Given that every school has a large presence in the nation's capitol, it's pathetic the reach of it.

I have a sense of that, and I haven't seen a single second of an ACC or B1G tourney game. But I take the time to educate myself on those conferences anyway. ACC fans can do the same even without P12N. There's a whole big internet out there that could help.

The fact of the matter is that the ACC games would be on an ACC Network in a nanosecond if the ACC thought they could make money by doing it.
Here's the thing, you have to go a third party website. With ESPN atleast, you can get the games directly. If the P12 made it available to everyone without a subscription it be easier. As Cville said, he's streaming from a site in Europe.

Here's the thing, you have to go a third party website. With ESPN atleast, you can get the games directly. If the P12 made it available to everyone without a subscription it be easier. As Cville said, he's streaming from a site in Europe.

And i get the B1G Network despite not having a B1G school within 2 states of me. Pac12? Nope. No package gets it, nothing.

I think B1G network had the benefit if being the first conference to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they realize, I'm just not sure they comprehend how big of a deal it is. I personally don't believe Cal would be written off like they have been had the Pac12 not been invisible to anyone east of Denver.

Whether you side with DTV or the P12 Network or share the blame between the 2, there's no denying that the lack of exposure is hurting the perception of the conference. They already have a timezone handicap that is difficult if not impossible to overcome especially when it comes to weeknight games, but the exposure is something that can be remedied.

RE: FS1 on DTV. You need one of the upgraded packages to get it. I don't believe it comes in one of the base packages like ESPN does.

Congrats to UCLA, the 2014 Pac12 Tournament champions.
The royalty of conference basketball taking care of business.
Poor *********** never had a chance with those officials conspiring against them!

Do Arizona fans joke about their own collective anus when they lose? I had never seen the word "anus" used so frequently as my brief visit to an Arizona message board.

LegallyKenny Lol PAC 12 refs.
Anyone know how to apply to join the Big 12.

Chicat F*CK THIS F*CKINg CONFERENCE!!!

Adios. No take backs.

acpatnca5 on 8 in full effect

AZCatGirl Come on guys. You can beat UCLA and the refs and Larry Scott! Do it for Tucson and Miller!

CBCatShenanigans. But what's new in this conference. Let us annointeth ucla.

UAGreg Are they seriously gonna call that ****ing **** on Rondae?These refs can burn in hell.

etank34Refs are the ONLY reason UCLA is hanging in this one.
PieceOfMeathow is that a ****ing foul on AG?
ref$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $

PieceOfMeat oh look, another tweet on us.
we can not win this game playing 5 on 8

Boo-hoo. Make your FTs.

AZCatGirlI don't blame him for the loss, but **** Larry Scott anyway. Just a ****ty day.

NYCatsDefending himself to the media right nowQuote:
Reporter asked Larry Scott about UA fans thinking he doesn't support them: "I don't measure my approval rating. I'm not running for office."

CalStateTempe Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab notes
Larry Scott is an evil looking ****er.

Happiest Guy in Vegas.
His favorite "brand" won and he doesn't have to shake Miller's hand tonight.

The tinfoil hat is strong. Apparently Larry Scott hates Arizona. :LOL:

BarCode. Originally Posted by ewildcat7
"A few UCLA fans riding in the elevator with me after the game said that Arizona was clearly the best team in the conference all season. So, as much as I wanted this tournament, some of them do recognize it for what it is."

Of course they do, they've won actual conference titles.
This isn't a problem with UCLA or the PAC. It's a problem with the media and less successful schools such as CU.

Riiiight.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. The Pac-12 Commissioner was totally against a team from the conference getting the #1 overall seed in the Dance.

Some of those UofA fans are taking ****ing crazy pills. :lol:

Yeah. The Pac-12 Commissioner was totally against a team from the conference getting the #1 overall seed in the Dance.

It's their insecurity rearing its ugly head once again. UCLA reclaiming its rightful place atop the conference really stings ​the insecure Zona fan base.​

I still believe that Arizona is the best team in the country and will win the tournament.

But I've also said (and still believe) that if UCLA is right they are a Final Four team. The question is whether they will be dialed in for 4 straight games over 2 weeks in order to get there.

End of the day, this loss likely won't really cause much of a dent into their overall seeding, unless UF had lost, they were likely the #2 overall seed and at worse, they'll drop down to the #3 overall seed. They'll still get to go through Anaheim, which will help them.

This costs Sean Miller some bonus money, not much else IMO -- should help UCLA however.

I still believe that Arizona is the best team in the country and will win the tournament.

But I've also said (and still believe) that if UCLA is right they are a Final Four team. The question is whether they will be dialed in for 4 straight games over 2 weeks in order to get there.

Zona is the favorite in my mind, too.

UCLA could do anything between losing in the first round or make the Final Four. Hard to believe this is the same team that entered the Pac12 tournament coming off getting straight destroyed by Wazzu.

It was enjoyable watching the Chards taste some humility but I wish Sean Miller sooooooo much more success as a coach than douchemaster Alford.

Zona is the favorite in my mind, too.

UCLA could do anything between losing in the first round or make the Final Four. Hard to believe this is the same team that entered the Pac12 tournament coming off getting straight destroyed by Wazzu.

Bruins are very similar to last year's Michigan team.

GoAZCats opened my eyes about the selective agenda driven evaluation of post game coach comments. Using their own standards, HC Sean Miller could use some media training to avoid being labeled a churlish kitty cat.

"The one point I made to our guys, especially these two, this deal is about next week for us. If we won this championship, it's about next week. If we lost this championship, it's about next week."

2e7eze4u.jpg

Miller and his player completely disrespects the value of winning the P12 tournament and blows off the importance of the Arizona-UCLA battle for conference supremacy. Apparently ASU is Arizona's only rival after all.

But then Miller doubles back on his own logic, while ignoring UCLA some more...

"It's never easy to lose. This is the third time for us that we've lost in this championship, but we've been in the championship. I look forward to coming back next year and winning it."

Make up your mind, you disputatious doughboy.

"The other thing is if you just look at the three games that we've been in, I honestly think they've all been the same. Washington, Isaiah Thomas hit a huge three-point shot late in the game to do us in. We went on to the Elite Eight. Nick talked about Colorado when we were both fighting for a bid. I think they hit a big shot at the end, game came down to the final play. Really tonight was the same."

Ummm, Colorado only scored three points in the final 9:10. The only field goal during that span came on a windmill dunk by Carlon Brown with 52.6 seconds left. Arizona lost that 2012 CCG game because they choked, going 0-7 on threes in the second half and couldn't buy a basket when they needed it. But thanks again for obsessing over your non-rival. How was the NIT that year?

Now goazcats-style fun with Miller's quotes:
"There are a lot of good chubby coaches that don't make it to their conference tournament's championship game, and we've sat at the table three times in four years. We want to win the championship, but we're proud of my jowls."

"We were much better dietarily in the second half. But we can't warm up pop tarts for the first eight or ten minutes, spot them some biscuits that we normally don't give up and then expect to weigh less in March."

"I don't want to keep coming back to the buffet, because we aren't a gluten free team. But as we climb the ladder and the teams we play eat peanut butter and they don't binge on a lot of steak themselves, it's tough to diet when you gobble 6 or 16 ounces with each mouthful. If we would have snarfed butter from the buffet line, we'd have broken the scale, there is not a doubt in my mind about that. That is something that we have to learn from and hopefully we can snarf butter."

u9e5azad.jpg

Well, the tournament title wouldn't exactly have helped out Arizona much. They would have been the #1 overall seed most likely had they won. Now, that is probably Florida. Can't say that I know for sure how the Pac does it, but do know other conferences give trophies for winning the regular season title. Would assume that was the case here, but can't say for sure.

Well, the tournament title wouldn't exactly have helped out Arizona much. They would have been the #1 overall seed most likely had they won. Now, that is probably Florida. Can't say that I know for sure how the Pac does it, but do know other conferences give trophies for winning the regular season title. Would assume that was the case here, but can't say for sure.

Turns out both the regular season and tournament championship trophies from the P12 are slightly larger than paper weights.
re3eza4y.jpg

y9agyper.jpg

You get confetti when you win in Vegas. And an auto bid to the Big Dance.

Having the best record across 18 conference games during a three month period is tougher than winning three or four games over four days in Vegas. The regular season crown is a bigger accomplishment, but the tourney has more glitz and excitement.

Turns out both the regular season and tournament championship trophies from the P12 are slightly larger than paper weights.
re3eza4y.jpg

y9agyper.jpg

You get confetti when you win in Vegas. And an auto bid to the Big Dance.

Having the best record across 18 conference games during a three month period is tougher than winning three or four games over four days in Vegas. The regular season crown is a bigger accomplishment, but the tourney has more glitz and excitement.
I agree with this assessment.

It's their insecurity rearing its ugly head once again. UCLA reclaiming its rightful place atop the conference really stings ​the insecure Zona fan base.​
Rightful place? Are you as old as fossils? Do you still watch black and white TV? Is Lyndon B. Johnson still the President? My goodness wake up and realize what year it is. UCLA hasn't belonged on top of the conference in decades... Besides UofA won the conference. Not UCLA. Novice.

Rightful place? Are you as old as fossils? Do you still watch black and white TV? Is Lyndon B. Johnson still the President? My goodness wake up and realize what year it is. UCLA hasn't belonged on top of the conference in decades... Besides UofA won the conference. Not UCLA. Novice.

Did you get the auto-bid? Thanks for dropping by and proving your insecurity once again

2004-05Arizona (11)
2005-06UCLA (28)
2006-07UCLA (29)
2007-08UCLA (30)
2008-09Washington (10)
2009-10California (15)
2010-11Arizona (12)
2011-12Washington (11)Colorado (1)
2012-13UCLA (31)

Hmmm

"Insecurity" is a word you like to throw around to discredit the greatness of Arizona basketball and it's fan base. Means nothing.

It's a fact. It's why you're here trying to play the role of thought police. You are deeply insecure about Arizona's lack of blue blood status. It's not my problem, the only way to start proving me wrong is for you to leave.

2004-05Arizona (11)
2005-06UCLA (28)
2006-07UCLA (29)
2007-08UCLA (30)
2008-09Washington (10)
2009-10California (15)
2010-11Arizona (12)
2011-12Washington (11)Colorado (1)
2012-13UCLA (31)

Hmmm

Zona fan is happy to bring up 80's and 90's but mid-00's is "ancient history".

Back