What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 Season Predictions

My concern with putting the bar at 2 games better than this year is that two of our wins came from FBS teams. Hawaii may have struggled this year, but I would peg them as way better than CSU II. If you agree, then putting the bar at 6 is winning 3 more than this year (no way we would have beaten Fresno in the 3rd game of the season).

I'm going with 5 in part because I think it is the right over/under per the above as some of the reasoning and in part because I would much rather be delighted to see them become bowl eligible than be pissed off if they don't.

You are trying to justify your negativity with falsities. Umass did not have a single kick-off before 12 EST this season and the vast majority of kickoffs were at 3pm EST or later for home games. To your other point, will it be hard to replace P-Rich's production? Yes, he was an all-time great for CU, but to somehow translate that into a one win season for us is a qausi-trolling leap in logic.

I think you meant "quasi," but nevertheless I assure you I am not trolling. Good info on the umass start times. No one wants me to be more wrong about next year than me. I just honestly feel like next year may be a step back in the loss column before we see a leap forward in 2015.

I think you meant "quasi," but nevertheless I assure you I am not trolling.

Transposed letters aside, I am glad to hear you're not trolling. You see us losing to CSU next year, what improvements will their team make in such a short time that will allow them to leap frog any progress that we have made?

Way too early, but:

CSU (in Denver) W
UMass (Gillette Stadium) W
Hawaii (home) W (3-0!!!)

Arizona State (home) L
Oregon State (home) L
Washington (home) L
UCLA (home) L
Utah (home) W

Arizona (away) L
Cal (away) L
Oregon (away) L
USC (away) L

Way too early, but:

CSU (in Denver) W
UMass (Gillette Stadium) W
Hawaii (home) W (3-0!!!)

Arizona State (home) L
Oregon State (home) L
Washington (home) L
UCLA (home) L
Utah (home) W

Arizona (away) L
Cal (away) L
Oregon (away) L
USC (away) L
Man, this is December and you are already getting realistic about next season. This is the time for Kool-Aid consumption and believing in the vision HCMM and RG are painting. Didn't you hear, within 6 years we're playing the Nubs in the Rose Bowl!?

Transposed letters aside, I am glad to hear you're not trolling. You see us losing to CSU next year, what improvements will their team make in such a short time that will allow them to leap frog any progress that we have made?

The thing about CSU, in football or basketball, is it really doesn't matter what our talent advantage is. CSU proved it again last night by playing (and fouling) their guts out. It is their Super Bowl.

Man, this is December and you are already getting realistic about next season. This is the time for Kool-Aid consumption and believing in the vision HCMM and RG are painting. Didn't you hear, within 6 years we're playing the Nubs in the Rose Bowl!?

My optimism usually increases as the season approaches. I imagine I'll be predicting a bowl before the season starts. Right now I'm a little to well aware of the obstacles that are ahead of buff success on the gridiron.

Now that we have seen a full season under HCMM what are your predictions for W/L in 2014? We have to assume PRich is gone at this point. Not sure about any coaching changes, probably not.

CSU (in Denver)
UMass (Gillette Stadium)
Hawaii (home)

Arizona State (home)
Oregon State (home)
Washington (home)
UCLA (home)
Utah (home)

Arizona (away)
Cal (away)
Oregon (away)
USC (away)

I only see four wins: the first three plus utah....and maybe Cal....five max

You might want to go rewatch that game. It's going to take mor than a coaching change to over come that.

But at the same time we've had extreme road/home splits so who the **** knows. In think the ceiling for next years team is 7 wins with 5 being the most likely outcome.

Not saying we won't, but going 3-6 in conference play next year is a reasonable expectation (OSU, Cal, Utah)

Unless something changes from now until signing day, we'll still be the same terrible team we were last year. The players will get a little bigger and more comfortable with Mac's system, but we won't be a drastically different team than we were last year. I guarantee that Utah and Oregon St fans are looking at their next year schedule and saying "As a minimum, we should win the Colorado game. No way we could lose that one.."

Unless something changes from now until signing day, we'll still be the same terrible team we were last year. The players will get a little bigger and more comfortable with Mac's system, but we won't be a drastically different team than we were last year. I guarantee that Utah and Oregon St fans are looking at their next year schedule and saying "As a minimum, we should win the Colorado game. No way we could lose that one.."

Get better in the trenches and this team gets better, along with having what should be a vastly improved defense, also not sure why you're seemingly discounting being in year 2 of a system, that's when teams typically see what they have in a coach. We can beat OSU, Cal, and Utah and still be a bad team, to.

Get better in the trenches and this team gets better, along with having what should be a vastly improved defense, also not sure why you're seemingly discounting being in year 2 of a system, that's when teams typically see what they have in a coach. We can beat OSU, Cal, and Utah and still be a bad team, to.

We could improve by an astounding 10 ppg differential, and we still wouldn't win 3 conference games. As for getting substantially better in the trenches, you must know something I don't. We're in for a mutli-year rebuilding effort here. Temper your expectations.

I agree with 'Tini (crazy as it sounds). The OL and DL improve and this team will be winning. Especially the OL.

6-6 and we go bowling

Last edited:
Shouldn't you be arguing how the 2013 team would struggle in the Big Sky? No win improvement would be a big, big disapointment seeing as how two of our three winable conference games come at home and we have just as easy of a OOC as we did last year.

We could improve by an astounding 10 ppg differential, and we still wouldn't win 3 conference games. As for getting substantially better in the trenches, you must know something I don't. We're in for a mutli-year rebuilding effort here. Temper your expectations.
The point differential also includes teams like Oregon, ASU, and UA...none of which I am talking about beating. Did we get kicked by OSU on the road? Yup but they also lose players, including their best in Cooks and they have to travel and damn near every team in the nation is worse on the road.

I've explained why the line will be better next year, I'm not going into that again for the 3rd time in freaking November so I'll ask you this, why won't our OL be better? Why won't our DL be better? Why won't our QB be better? Why won't our RBs be better? Why won't our secondary be better? Why won't our LBs be better?

I will say that we will be closing the strength gap a bit this offseason, and the focus on leg power is going to lead to improved trench play.

"The goal is we have to get bigger and stronger. I know that it is a cliche but it is the truth," MacIntyre said. "We've got to start changing our lower body. We've got to start being more powerful down there. That's one of the things I noticed in some of the games. We weren't quite as strong as some of the upper-echelon teams.

"We can get there. There's no doubt. The guys that redshirted and didn't play much have been working out three days a week all fall and I've seen a big difference. So, if they can keep that cycle going all the way until August, they should keep gaining a lot more strength and power."

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1583550

Difference between getting better and actually improving enough to win more games.

Back