What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 Tackle Situation

Yeah, yeah. Same feeling about football that I had about basketball heading into 2009. This thing is turning and 2014 will be the year people start seeing that the Buffs are going to be pretty good soon.
it's gonna be really rough for me to handle the selection committee making us a surprise drop from the playoff this year.

it's gonna be really rough for me to handle the selection committee making us a surprise drop from the playoff this year.

2009-10 was the year we went from winning 1 game in the Big 12 to falling 1 win shy of .500 (**** TTU), which kept us out of the NIT.

well then 2015 is gonna be a real bitch I guess.

If you could guarantee to me today that a couple weeks after Thanksgiving 2015 I'll be bitching about CU getting snubbed from the playoff, I'll happily look forward to that future heartbreak. :lol:

I'd be surprised if Callahan didn't start half-way through the conference schedule

Both good or bad if he does. The good is the talent shows thru and he earns it. The bad, injuries or ineffective play from the others.

fify.....or maybe he just earns it from working harder or being more effective? Irwin looks mighty good right now and the improvement to The Mountain's game are noticeable, if slower showing up than we anticipated. That trip home to Africa seems to have had an impact of sorts.

fify.....or maybe he just earns it from working harder or being more effective? Irwin looks mighty good right now and the improvement to The Mountain's game are noticeable, if slower showing up than we anticipated. That trip home to Africa seems to have had an impact of sorts.
Also if he plays it will more than likely be at a G position initially.

If you could guarantee to me today that a couple weeks after Thanksgiving 2015 I'll be bitching about CU getting snubbed from the playoff, I'll happily look forward to that future heartbreak. :lol:

CU's basketball team got snubbed from the field of 64. Not the field of 4.

An apt comparison would be getting snubbed from a bowl bid for some reason after winning the requisite number of games.

CU's basketball team got snubbed from the field of 64. Not the field of 4.

An apt comparison would be getting snubbed from a bowl bid for some reason after winning the requisite number of games.
**** you. My joke was based on the playoff. We gonna get snubbed bad!

One has to think that our Oline situation is better than we originally thought. I figured everything hinged on Nembot making a huge stride (he still needs too and seems to be) as well as Callahan being eligible. Callahan is now eligible, but not yet in the starting lineup. We shall find out soon. We need a dominate performance in game one to give me a warm feeling going forward on the line.

One has to think that our Oline situation is better than we originally thought. I figured everything hinged on Nembot making a huge stride (he still needs too and seems to be) as well as Callahan being eligible. Callahan is now eligible, but not yet in the starting lineup. We shall find out soon. We need a dominate performance in game one to give me a warm feeling going forward on the line.

I think it is a old coach thing. Bernardi does not change quickly. I think Callahan should be playing in the 1st team. He looked great in the scrimmage and was the key block in 2 of the touchdown runs. I don't see that with Munyer. I also don't see Bernardi kicking a senior off of the 1st team. Sadly we may not have our top 5 guys on the line if Callahan is not moved up.

I think it is a old coach thing. Bernardi does not change quickly. I think Callahan should be playing in the 1st team. He looked great in the scrimmage and was the key block in 2 of the touchdown runs. I don't see that with Munyer. I also don't see Bernardi kicking a senior off of the 1st team. Sadly we may not have our top 5 guys on the line if Callahan is not moved up.
Completely disagree.

"The old coach thing" is not this staff's style. They are more willing to open ALL positions to any and all challengers, but a player has to earn it.

Whatever else he is, Callahan remains a newcomer to this system, after three years in another system. He has to be sound in his knowledge of the terminology or his confusion will blow up plays, rather than help. Besides, its not like he's been relegated to 4th string on the depth chart nor are those ahead of him merely "chopped liver" or space-fillers.

I would be more concerned that something's up if Shane hardly saw the field this year or didn't start the next. The offensive line functions as a unit and while individual talent is on display they must be in tune to what each person in their group is doing more so than other positions on the field. The group of five expected to start has been together for many more practice sessions and with Bernardi from the beginning of his time on campus. Shane will be eased into this, but he will contribute in a good way when he's up to speed.

Back