What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

If I am Texas I go after Shaka Smart first....I personally think he is the better coach

Rumors are Texas doesn't want to pay more than $3 mill a year for their new head coach....I think Alabama is gonna throw at least $5 mill at Marshall

I am surprised Texas would prefer Smart over Marshall. Big loss if Texas didn't go after him IMO.

I doubt that they do. Maybe just keeping some doors open. I think Alabama would have to way overpay, because Texas is the better job, but it could happen I guess.

Tenn got Rick barnes.

They seem to like to run successful coaches out of town, so barnes will be there a while.

Maybe Barnes has lost the hunger as he's now 60, but I'm not *quite* as negative on him as some of you guys. Completely agree he underachieved massively at Texas. He still holds some respect from me for what he did at Clemson though. Taking Clemson to 3 Dances in a row, including a Sweet 16 was simply unheard of back then. It still is, but it was even more remarkable in the 90s. He's been in the Dance 19 of the last 20 years (not all at Texas). Not saying he's a great coach by any means, but Tennessee could have done worse in my opinion. The guy has won 2/3 of college games coached, which includes over a decade of NOT being in Austin. He's back near his hometown and may be rejuvenated and keep Tennessee halfway decent...a smattering of Dance appearances and NITs.

Tenn got Rick barnes.

They seem to like to run successful coaches out of town, so barnes will be there a while.

When it was announced but not finalized, I was seeing tweets from Tennessee fans who were worried that they may have "gotten Coloradoed" (in reference to how they hired Butch Jones).

Sounds like Shaka to Texas is all but done.

Personally, I would have preferred Gregg Marshall, but that's a damn good hire by the Horns.

Sounds like Shaka to Texas is all but done.

Personally, I would have preferred Gregg Marshall, but that's a damn good hire by the Horns.

Surprised. Seemed like Marshall and Texas were a perfect fit. Not that Shaka is any worse or anything, he's a tremendous hire.

God I hate that. He couldve been coaching an ACC team

@EnthusiAdams: @ESPNCBB Gregg Marshall has agreed to a 7 year agreement to stay as the head basketball coach at Wichita State.

Bowling Green fired Chris Jans after one season. Not sure what he did, but was a bad boy in a bar, and they have cell phone video to prove it. Maybe Eustacieish.

I think there might be something to being the head bball coach at a school that doesn't have a football team. Would make sense for coaches as well.

Good April fools joke yesterday with an announcement of Larry Brown going to Penn State.

Perfect set-up because Larry has never gotten over his itchy feet, PSU had money and hasn't exactly killed it on the court.

Surprised no one made a run at LE this year

I would guess his age is a concern for many schools.

Age and his history might be scaring a few schools away as well.

This would have been the year for him, he's losing a lot off that team. If he can win again next year he should get some opportunities coming his way.

Back