What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

I feel obligated to point out that we said a lot of the same stuff about Eustachy last year. The guy can coach.

I feel obligated to point out that we said a lot of the same stuff about Eustachy last year. The guy can coach.

He's proven he can coach.

He just needs a school to turn up with a bunch of money that wants to win now and is willing to take on some risk in the process. He has baggage but that hasn't stopped schools from hiring other guys in the past.

Could it be that he is tired of chasing the better job and is happy in Ft. Collins right now. They are paying him well, admit just about anyone he wants, and despite our jokes there are plenty of worse places to live and work.

The schools that typically finish in the top half of power conferences have the luxury of not looking to a retread coach who has worked his way back via midmajor programs. There may be a currently middle of the pack school like Kansas State or Texas Tech who had a brief flash of success in the last decade who 2-3 years from now decides they need to raise the expectation to be competitive in their conference and try to bring Eustachy back to recapture the winning magic he seems to have at every stop of his. Washington State or Oregon State were probably the most realistic Pac-12 options last year but at this point in his career if he's happy where he is I think Larry can be picky.

Damn. Was hopeful that he'd end up back at his (and my) alma mater. Random trivia, back when Musselman was with Golden State, the University of San Diego had the most head coaches in the NBA, Musselman, Mike Brown, and Bernie Bickerstaff. I never said any of them were good NBA coaches.

If my random trivia piqued your interest about this, here's an article from SI about it...

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/04/08/un...zdale-mike-brown-bernie-bickerstaff-hank-egan

I was hoping ASU would **** it up and hire Lavin like their idot fans wanted. Bobby H is a hell of a coach.

No geographical ties. That's my only hope. Well, that and ASU being ASU.

@JonRothstein: Illinois State's Dan Muller has hired Jeremy Ballard as an assistant coach, source told @CBSSports. Big time move. Ballard was at VCU.

District Baller‏@DistrictBaller Apr 4 The truth is Jeremy Ballard was seen by many in the AD as 'the next Shaka'. Was being groomed as head coach in waiting after Rhoades left.
7 retweets 9 favorites

Last edited:
Back