What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Colorado Football Roster - Player Eligibility

LB depth... Good lord. What happens if LB injury bug hits next year like it hit Safties this year? Not even sure we would have true frosh or anyone else to fill in. Reminds me of DBs a few years ago when DD switched from RB on a Monday and started at CB against USC and Matt Barkely on the following Saturday. That worked out well right?

LB depth... Good lord. What happens if LB injury bug hits next year like it hit Safties this year? Not even sure we would have true frosh or anyone else to fill in. Reminds me of DBs a few years ago when DD switched from RB on a Monday and started at CB against USC and Matt Barkely on the following Saturday. That worked out well right?

Espinoza Island?

31Olugbode, KennethOLB6-0210So.

25Moeller, RyanDB6-0205FR

Difference?

I'd expect to see some JUCO OLB offers go out here soon as well. I also wouldn't be surprised if Shaver and Gilbert switch to LB.

I'd expect to see some JUCO OLB offers go out here soon as well. I also wouldn't be surprised if Shaver and Gilbert switch to LB.
Can't speak to the first, but shaver was lining up as an LB when we went to a 3-3-5.

I can see Gilbert and Shaver moving back to LB when we are going heavy up front in run situations.

I'd be scared because of his height but in an emergency I'd see us putting D. Lee at CB similar to the year we had Goodson do it.

Nik - what info do you have on Awini that led you to state he will likely get a scholarship?

I thought that was the deal when he came in. First year as a walk on and then he'd be put on scholarship. I may be mis-remembering that. Probably am if that doesn't ring a bell for anyone else.

Is Rippy seen as a starter for next season? I had high hopes for him, but all I've heard is that his work ethic sucks. :-(

Wantanabe will be a starter IMO, along with Gillam. Probably KO after that as I think he did progress over the year. Bartlett I think in no way redshirts if he comes here, like Wantanabe too much talent. Grant would have played this year for sure if he had not had the broken ankle.

Not a coach so this is probably ridiculous, but with the emergence of the lateral run/pass game in CFB I have been thinking having a 5-2 defense could reemerge. Athletic DEs who can cover the flats and keep contain, with the interior line and LBs keeping the gap control. Guess you could call it a 3-4 with the OLBs on the line of scrimmage.

Again, probably not feasible, but with our roster we don't have the LBs to run a 4-3 IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a coach so this is probably ridiculous, but with the emergence of the lateral run/pass game in CFB I have been thinking having a 5-2 defense could reemerge. Athletic DEs who can cover the flats and keep contain, with the interior line and LBs keeping the gap control. Guess you could call it a 3-4 with the OLBs on the line of scrimmage.

Again, probably not feasible, but with our roster we don't have the LBs to run a 4-3 IMO.

You get essentially the same look running a 4-3 under scheme, bringing one of your backers down to the line.

You get essentially the same look running a 4-3 under scheme, bringing one of your backers down to the line.

Beyond that, you can't have that many guys bunched on the LOS these day due to spread offenses. It's why you don't see Buddy Ryan's 46, which was a great defensive scheme against a traditional 2-back + TE with QB under center.

Looking at the DE position (and my hope that we will actually play a 4-3 going forward... ideally a Tampa-2), I think that it would make a lot of sense to try to move Shaver and Hasselbach to LB this spring. Possibly Coleman, if he's got the speed. If not, he may need to pack on another 35 lbs and move inside. None has the height you want at DE. Reed's a candidate if he can't put the weight on (6'4" or 6'5" and fast).

4-3? I don't see you you can run that against 5 WR sets that we see all day long. You need 5-6 DBs in the game - no?

I thought that was the deal when he came in. First year as a walk on and then he'd be put on scholarship. I may be mis-remembering that. Probably am if that doesn't ring a bell for anyone else.

It's not the deal. Same as any walk-on. He'll have to prove it by getting PT before that happens.

4-3? I don't see you you can run that against 5 WR sets that we see all day long. You need 5-6 DBs in the game - no?

If a team runs 4 wide, you've got to go nickel. 5 wide, you should probably go dime. But most teams we play won't go empty backfield the vast majority of the time and most also utilize a TE in the Pac-12. CU's offensive sets are pretty standard personnel across the conference. Usually it's going to be 3 wide with a TE and a single back. You can absolutely play a 4-3 against that if you're in zone.

Bobo is staying.

6f6c5fd2468289c0333461fa61427a05.jpg

Reactions: aik
There was no substantial evidence he was leaving in the first place. Speculation

Bobo tweeted he was pissed about getting benched after the PF on him. So, emotional after a loss & a competitor who wanted to be out there for his teammates. I didn't think for a second it meant he was going to quit this team. I love having guys like that in the locker room. He's got to learn to keep that stuff behind closed doors, but the sentiment is a positive.

Bobo tweeted he was pissed about getting benched after the PF on him. So, emotional after a loss & a competitor who wanted to be out there for his teammates. I didn't think for a second it meant he was going to quit this team. I love having guys like that in the locker room. He's got to learn to keep that stuff behind closed doors, but the sentiment is a positive.
Agreed

Back