What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Colorado Football Roster - Player Eligibility

I'm going to wait to update this until I see a spring headquarters roster. That will have the walk ons, new positions and any guys sitting out.

The 30 walk-ons for this spring have been added to the depth chart.

Among scholarship players, the major move was Christian Shaver to ILB.

I'm hoping to have an injury report on Saturday so I can update who is actually participating.

Thanks, [MENTION=1656]BuffNut99[/MENTION]

I don't think that injury list is complete, though. I'm almost sure I remember correctly that Hayden Jones and Dylan Keeney aren't playing as the recover from surgeries.

Big thing, though: what a huge opportunity for Devin Ross and Jay MacIntyre this spring. With Bobo, Walker and Dunston out those guys have a chance to get a ton of reps and fly up the depth chart heading into fall camp.

Is Bell the starter? If he is not approved who starts at FS?

Chidobe Awuzie moved from nickel to FS when Bell was out. Tedrick can also slide over and White played quite a bit.

But I think it's pretty likely Bell gets another year, without question. He would have been the leader of our Defense in 2014.

:woot: :dance2: :dance3:

[tweet]578638989478903808[/tweet]

Allsome!

This was such a slam dunk that I don't understand why it took the time it did. Didn't CSU get a guy approved much more quickly in what was much less of a slam dunk case? I do wonder how well CU manages these things when communicating with the NCAA.

Regardless, this is great news.

My guess on starting secondary:

Base = Bell FS, Tedric SS, Chido CB, Crawley CB

Nickel = Bell FS, Tedric SS, Chido NB, Crawley CB, Spoon CB

And then that we'll see both White and Laguda log a lot of snaps as the primary reserves.

Allsome!

This was such a slam dunk that I don't understand why it took the time it did. Didn't CSU get a guy approved much more quickly in what was much less of a slam dunk case? I do wonder how well CU manages these things when communicating with the NCAA.

Regardless, this is great news.

My guess on starting secondary:

Base = Bell FS, Tedric SS, Chido CB, Crawley CB

Nickel = Bell FS, Tedric SS, Chido NB, Crawley CB, Spoon CB

And then that we'll see both White and Laguda log a lot of snaps as the primary reserves.

That's a very respectable secondary. Now about that pass rush...

Base- CB- Crawley CB- Whitherspoon SS- Thompson FS- Evan White.

Nickel- CB- Crawley CB- Whitherspoon NB- Awuzie SS- Thompson FS- Evan White

Our secondary went from being a weak position to a pretty decent crew in the matter of a couple years. Crawley, Witherspoon, Awuzie and Walker are decent CBs and Bell, Thompson, White and Moeller seem like good options at safety. Add the three new recruits from this year's class and it's not too shabby. Linebacker still looks weak, but we went from having several positions that were paper thin to really only having one.

I would say QB, TE, and LB are all paper thin right now. But the QB situation is light years better than a few years ago.

I think that in any situations that we are not in the nickel there will be a rotation at CB with Chido playing as much as anyone.

At safety if Bell is healthy and can run he will be playing as much as anyone as well.

Good to see us actually have competition though and know that if a guy misses a few plays we won't be in major trouble.

LB is my biggest concern. If Sefo stays healthy QB is fine, TE is terrible but you can game plan around that using other positions to carry the load. LB on the other hand is an open invitation to our opponents to attack and attack until we can figure out some way of performing there.

Gillam is our best LB but his health is a huge question mark and he will be playing light again. Awini looks to be adding some help but we will be counting on KO who was a weakness last year. Injuries at LB could mean we are playing some guys who aren't PAC level players this year.

We will be in the "Nickel" 75% of the time next year, essentially making it our base defense.

I think that once we understand the defense better that the "base" for our defensive depth chart will be: DT, DT, DE, OLB, ILB, ILB, NB, CB, CB, S, S. But with the spring pencil depth chart being based on a 4-3 base it's hard to make the adjustments on Allbuffs right now.

Ty Gangi is transferring

He's good enough to spend a year at a JUCO and then find a scholarship to a 4-year college.

For those of us worried about the kicking game... we're now replacing the guy who won the Holder job in the spring.

He's good enough to spend a year at a JUCO and then find a scholarship to a 4-year college.

For those of us worried about the kicking game... we're now replacing the guy who won the Holder job in the spring.
I wish people would stop reminding me of this.

I thought Jimmie Gilbert was moving on also, he still shows on the roster.

Have not heard that. Are you thinking of Markeis Reed? Reed decided to hang up the cleats and focus on his academics (strong student).

Back