What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 CU Spring Football Practices

Watching the video clip from yesterday - funny how this time of the year our Buffs always look faster, bigger, stronger and more athletic? trying not to get "on the Kool-Aid" AGAIN.

Excited about Lindsey and Powell. Christian looks leaner, if he can stay healthy he could be the sledge hammer back we have been missing.

Watching the video clip from yesterday - funny how this time of the year our Buffs always look faster, bigger, stronger and more athletic? trying not to get "on the Kool-Aid" AGAIN.

Last year and this year, the Buffs should have looked bigger, stronger and faster. The upper classes have been those Hawkins-lameduck and Hawkins-Embree-transition classes. There haven't been NFL prospects except for P-Rich, just some quality players along with about an equal amount of dead weight.

Next year should again look bigger, stronger and faster simply because we're only losing 9 seniors. Now, those seniors are big dudes (Nembot, Solis, Tupou, Powell) or fast dudes (Crawley, Bell, Mosley) or exceptional at what they do (Spruce, Wyatt) so that will be a lot to take away on the eyeball test... but we're still looking at 70+ guys returning who should be a lot more physically developed than they are today.

Did not want to start a new thread but I did have a question.

Did we learn anything out of spring ball this year? Looks like access to practices was limited and the spring game was really a scrimmage. Did anyone really stand out?

Did not want to start a new thread but I did have a question.

Did we learn anything out of spring ball this year? Looks like access to practices was limited and the spring game was really a scrimmage. Did anyone really stand out?

I can't say that I did. They showed so little of the new defensive alignment while so many of the skill guys we'll see a lot of at WR and RB were out. Beyond that, one of the more interesting position battles is how the secondary will end up (i.e., will Bell be back to form, will Chido primarily be a safety or corner, will White be ready for a larger role) that we didn't get much clarity there either. Huckins & Callahan are still battling into camp at RG. Only thing I can think of that solidified was Kough locking down the LG spot. Beyond that, maybe you could say that we got a little clarity on which of the DEs would be working at LB in the fall.

I can't say that I did. They showed so little of the new defensive alignment while so many of the skill guys we'll see a lot of at WR and RB were out. Beyond that, one of the more interesting position battles is how the secondary will end up (i.e., will Bell be back to form, will Chido primarily be a safety or corner, will White be ready for a larger role) that we didn't get much clarity there either. Huckins & Callahan are still battling into camp at RG. Only thing I can think of that solidified was Kough locking down the LG spot. Beyond that, maybe you could say that we got a little clarity on which of the DEs would be working at LB in the fall.

Thanks for the comments. Chido should be mostly a nickel back, IMO. He is a gamer for sure but not really a safety and not a cover corner is CU continues to use mostly Man to man...replacing Henderson is a big question mark for me. Both him and Crawley had good cover skills, Witherspoon needs to be able to shrug bad plays off better. White I am not worried about, I expect him to make a big leap from year one to year two and I liked what I saw in year one. Backup QB is also a big issue to me. Sefo has been very durable for CU but IMO the skill drops off dramatically after him, right now if Sefo gets hurt CU's season would be right down the drain.

Did not get to a practice or the spring game this year so have to rely on others for info. Thanks for not sending me a link to restricted content.

Back