What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 -- NO EXCUSES

We have to start 4-0 to have a chance to pull off 7 wins.

You cannot reasonably say we could have had a winning record in conference. That is going a bit far. Washington and Arizona flat-out beat us, same with ASU. Let's not go overboard.

We were up 9 on Washington in the second half until we had 3 turnovers in 5 minutes...so no they did not beat us. We beat ourselves.

We were down 24-20 at Arizona with the ball in the fourth with third string safeties in the game. So yes, we could have won that.

I get it, we went 0-9. I'm saying anyone who doesn't recognize there were 6 games that could have EASILY gone the other way is a fool.

We ended up having a legitimate shot at winning 6 games this season, maybe even 7. These"should have" games need to become wins. Agree with OP. No excuses in 2015, everything is set up to be successful.

I agree. 7-6 looks pretty tough right now, all alcohol aside. Our 4 conference games at home are Oregon, USC, Stanford and Arizona. Those four will be the four favorites to win it all and all potentially top 15 teams - preseason.

We need more progress and my expectation is that we are in the hunt. We no longer be viewed as a patsy. We are getting damned close to that.
2 of those are winnable (o loses mariota, stanford on their way down) all 4 of those being in Boulder will make them "winnable"

For those that haven't seen the schedule

Saturday
Sept. 5
at Hawaii Rainbow Warriors
Aloha Stadium, Honolulu, HI
TBA---
Saturday
Sept. 12
UMass Minutemen
Folsom Field, Boulder, CO
TBA---
Saturday
Sept. 19
Colorado State Rams
Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver, CO
TBA---
Saturday
Sept. 26
Nicholls State Colonels
TBA---
Saturday
Oct. 3
Oregon Ducks
TBA---
Saturday
Oct. 10
at Arizona State Sun Devils
Sun Devil Stadium, Tempe, AZ
TBA---
Saturday
Oct. 17
Arizona Wildcats
TBA---
Saturday
Oct. 24
at Oregon State Beavers
Reser Stadium, Corvallis, OR
TBA---
Saturday
Oct. 31
at UCLA Bruins
Rose Bowl, Los Angeles, CA
TBA---
Saturday
Nov. 7
Stanford Cardinal
TBA---
Friday
Nov. 13
USC Trojans
TBA---
Saturday
Nov. 21
at Washington State Cougars
Martin Stadium, Pullman, WA
TBA---
Saturday
Nov. 28
at Utah Utes
Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UT
TBA---
Friday
Dec. 4
Pac-12 Championship Game
Hosted by team with best Pac-12 record.
TBA---

I just noticed that USC at CU is on a Friday. And not the Friday after turkey day and not the Friday of Labor Day weekend, but during what I expect would be the CO high school football playoffs. MACtastic!

I see 4 games we should win and 3 winnable conference games. I see us winning 3 OOC and 1 conf game. 4-9.

Last edited:
2 of those are winnable (o loses mariota, stanford on their way down) all 4 of those being in Boulder will make them "winnable"

Why, because Boulder had been such a tough place for opposing teams to win? You know we're 28-35 in home conference games since the year 2000? That included some decent teams.

I do not like Oregon (Duck fan drives me crazy here) but I think that predictions of their demise are way overblown. Helfrich can actually coach and is still recruiting at a high level. Royce Freeman will be enough to hold things together while they break in a new QB. So, while every game is "winnable", I'm not going to hold my breath on beating Oregon.

Why, because Boulder had been such a tough place for opposing teams to win? You know we're 28-35 in home conference games since the year 2000? That included some decent teams.
Why is Stanford next year any different from this year with UCLA and Utah?

Saturday
Sept. 5
TBA---
Saturday
Sept. 12
UMass Minutemen
TBA---
Saturday
Sept. 19
Colorado State Rams
TBA---
Saturday
Sept. 26
Nicholls State Colonels
TBA---
Saturday
Oct. 3
Oregon Ducks
TBA---
Saturday
Oct. 10
TBA---
Saturday
Oct. 17
Arizona Wildcats
TBA---
Saturday
Oct. 24
at Oregon State Beavers
TBA---
Saturday
Oct. 31
at UCLA Bruins
TBA---
Saturday
Nov. 7
Stanford Cardinal
TBA---
Friday
Nov. 13
USC Trojans
TBA---
Saturday
Nov. 21
TBA---
Saturday
Nov. 28
at Utah Utes
TBA---
Friday
Dec. 4
Pac-12 Championship Game
TBA---

Well, anybody that looks at that schedule and sees seven wins is delusional.

For those of you hanging your hat on the "they were close in x number of games" argument, you have to temper that with the fact that they lost every single one of those games.

Why? I believe it is because the talent level is very low. At best, 10, may be 11 of the starters would be starting at another PAC 12 University. Half the starters, and practically all of the reserves, likely would not crack the two deep anywhere else in the league.

I think McIntyre and his staff did a remarkable job staying within shouting distance of teams that were qualitatively superior in almost every respect.

Until CU gets players, players who are of the same caliber as their peers, they will remain in the basement.

I see another 4 to 5 win season on the horizon. I really doubt they'll be a bowl game next year.

Why is Stanford next year any different from this year with UCLA and Utah?

Why are they different from two teams we lost to at home? Not sure, maybe they aren't.

My comment was directed at the statement that games in Boulder make them winnable which is wrong. We lose more than we win at home, it's not some tough home field advantage.

I don't really see 7 wins on that schedule. 3-1 OOC is probably all we can reasonably hope for. Then we have to win every game that's close from there on out.

We're on the decade plan.

Syzyfki-min.jpg

We should have beat UCLA
We should have beat OSU
We should have beat Utah

UCLA loses the player that beat us
OSU loses their senior QB and maybe their HC
Utah likely improves.

We add WSU to the schedule and remove UW

Going 4-0 in non conference is the expectation. I expect to beat OSU and WSU. Stanford at home late in the season is winnable. UCLA is winnable, although tougher in LA. Utah is always winnable. Even in our worst year we almost beat them in SLC.

7 wins are there. There are no excuses.

Saturday
Sept. 5
TBA---
Saturday
Sept. 12
UMass Minutemen
TBA---
Saturday
Sept. 19
Colorado State Rams
TBA---
Saturday
Sept. 26
Nicholls State Colonels
TBA---
Saturday
Oct. 3
Oregon Ducks
TBA---
Saturday
Oct. 10
TBA---
Saturday
Oct. 17
Arizona Wildcats
TBA---
Saturday
Oct. 24
at Oregon State Beavers
TBA---
Saturday
Oct. 31
at UCLA Bruins
TBA---
Saturday
Nov. 7
Stanford Cardinal
TBA---
Friday
Nov. 13
USC Trojans
TBA---
Saturday
Nov. 21
TBA---
Saturday
Nov. 28
at Utah Utes
TBA---
Friday
Dec. 4
Pac-12 Championship Game
TBA---

I see wins against UMass and Nicholls State. We will be underdogs in every Pac game, CSU and possibly Hawaii.

This team will not win 6 games next year.

We should have beat UCLA
We should have beat OSU
We should have beat Utah

Utah likely improves.

Going 4-0 in non conference is the expectation. I expect to beat OSU and WSU. Stanford at home late in the season is winnable. UCLA is winnable, although tougher in LA. Utah is always winnable. Even in our worst year we almost beat them in SLC.

in agreement with all above except utah improving.

7 wins are there
- GO BUFFS

We should have beat UCLA
We should have beat OSU
We should have beat Utah

Utah likely improves.

Should have and could have are very different arguments. UCLA probably thinks they "should have" beaten us by 20. They're also bringing in a top 15 recruiting class and the top QB recruit in the nation. To think all these teams are suddenly going to fall off is wishful thinking.

Should have and could have are very different arguments. UCLA probably thinks they "should have" beaten us by 20. They're also bringing in a top 15 recruiting class and the top QB recruit in the nation. To think all these teams are suddenly going to fall off is wishful thinking.

I don't think UCLA is going to fall off. They will probably improve in some areas and regress in others. Counting on a true fr at QB is risky. We lost that game because of Hundley, a heisman caliber player. If he wasn't playing we win that game.

OSU will likely fall off some without the senior qb. Especially if they change HC's

Teams will improve and regress in areas. CU will do the same. It isn't a one way street. The potential is their on our roster. I expect the coaches to do their job now that they have laid the foundation. They need to turn that potential into results.

I don't think UCLA is going to fall off. They will probably improve in some areas and regress in others. Counting on a true fr at QB is risky. We lost that game because of Hundley, a heisman caliber player. If he wasn't playing we win that game.

OSU will likely fall off some without the senior qb. Especially if they change HC's

Teams will improve and regress in areas. CU will do the same. It isn't a one way street. The potential is their on our roster. I expect the coaches to do their job now that they have laid the foundation. They need to turn that potential into results.

The point is, UCLA won't have to start a true frosh QB because they have been bringing in top 10-15 recruiting classes for years, they're probably going to be very good again. Same with other programs in our conference.

The point is, UCLA won't have to start a true frosh QB because they have been bringing in top 10-15 recruiting classes for years, they're probably going to be very good again. Same with other programs in our conference.

They wont be older like us, though.

My only issue with your scenario and saying "no excuses" is that you have CU winning every close "winnable" game. That's a stretch.

We went from getting blown out by mwc third stingers to taking multiple top 25 teams to the wire in 2 years.. Y'all are depressing as ****. Next year is the year we make it back to a bowl. If not, coaches will lose their jobs. There are probably coaches that won't be here next year. Next year, we will have a veteran team with many more upper classmen. We'll have a 3 year starting junior qb, a senior wr who finished the season in the top 10 in most receiving categories, a deep offensive line, a solid defensive backfield getting multiple people back from injury, multiple additions along the defensive line, and an average rb corps.

In my mind, we have scary situations at lb and te, and I'm encouraged by the huge growth from olugbode from game 1 to game 12 this year. We need Gillam healthy next season and we need some young guys to contribute

I'm taking a few months off from the football board until nsd, just because some of you are seriously annoying as ****. Your constant negativity and inability to see how much better this football team was from 2 years ago to last year to this year is astounding. Yay, our schedule is hard... who gives a ****, we will be more talented than all of our ooc opponents, we are as talented as some of our PAC 12 opponents, and we will play opponents that we should get killed by close and maybe knock them off. I is time we get to celebrate wins in Folsom again. No excuses.

/rant

We went from getting blown out by mwc third stingers to taking multiple top 25 teams to the wire in 2 years.. Y'all are depressing as ****. Next year is the year we make it back to a bowl. If not, coaches will lose their jobs. There are probably coaches that won't be here next year. Next year, we will have a veteran team with many more upper classmen. We'll have a 3 year starting junior qb, a senior wr who finished the season in the top 10 in most receiving categories, a deep offensive line, a solid defensive backfield getting multiple people back from injury, multiple additions along the defensive line, and an average rb corps.

In my mind, we have scary situations at lb and te, and I'm encouraged by the huge growth from olugbode from game 1 to game 12 this year. We need Gillam healthy next season and we need some young guys to contribute

I'm taking a few months off from the football board until nsd, just because some of you are seriously annoying as ****. Your constant negativity and inability to see how much better this football team was from 2 years ago to last year to this year is astounding. Yay, our schedule is hard... who gives a ****, we will be more talented than all of our ooc opponents, we are as talented as some of our PAC 12 opponents, and we will play opponents that we should get killed by close and maybe knock them off. I is time we get to celebrate wins in Folsom again. No excuses.

/rant

How come nobody talks about how close our wins were to being losses? Those weren't exactly great teams we barely beat.

How come nobody talks about how close our wins were to being losses? Those weren't exactly great teams we barely beat.

Exactly. Coming from behind to beat a pathetic UMASS team doesn't sound like much of a trophy to hang on the wall.

But 2 years ago, we DID lose to those teams.... sac st., Hawaii, csu, Fresno state... and then we went on to get whalloped by 30+ each and every week in pac12 play unless we played wazzu and they couged it...

If we should have been 7-5, then we should go the aTm route and put a banner up. We could impress recruits with it. Pac 12 South Champs 2014!

Newsflash: just because other teams may be young doesn't mean they are in the beatable category. UCLA for instance could out athlete us with their bluechippers. They could lose due to that inexperience, but could also win. If we had great talent and experience we could be lethal.

But we dont[emoji16][emoji21]

Buffs schedule for 2015:

@ Hawaii
Umass
@ CSU (Mile High)
Nicholls State
Oregon
@ ASU
Arizona
@ Oregon State
@ UCLA
Stanford
U$C (Friday the 13th... likely blackout)
@ Wazzu
@ Utah

Teams breaking in new QB's next season:

Hawaii (starter is likely Wittek - transfer from USC),
CSU (Heisman Winner...)
Oregon (ACTUAL Heisman winner)
ASU loses Kelly, but Bercovici played meaningful minutes and played well this year.
Oregon State
UCLA (likely)
Wazzu

Teams that this will likely impact the most are OSU and Wazzu as these QB's have been long time starters and have really shouldered their programs for the last few years. Will be interesting to see who takes over for them.

Last edited:
ASU won't miss much with Bercovici. HE played fine as the starter for them. Wittek could be damn good for Hawaii, and that team would have been so much better with even below average QB play.

Back