What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 -- NO EXCUSES

Not the case at all. I just don't understand the constant need to be a contrarian by some on the board like you and Fatbuff. If you have legit gripes about the staff/team/Qb and want to discuss them I am all for it. But you come on here and post things like "Wac Mac has no balls and he should eat a d!ck". It's ridiculous.

Some like DUff and Black and Gold are often down on the way things are being done but they at least take the time to constructively state why and how things might turn around. I respect that. That is a dialogue that most on this board come here for, not your childish rants.

That's not true. I posted a report that Fehoko was supposed to visit Wazzu this weekend and you got all pissed like a 12 year old girl

The penalties and Red Zone defense, total defense, rushing defense, passing yards allowed, team passing efficiency defense, scoring defense, turnover margin, punt returns, and first down defense stats really jump out at you on the chart. Thanks for posting, Zbuff.

fify

Thanks Z for the post. The D actually got worse, I hope Baer's seat is getting warmer. It's interesting our O production was much better, but it only meant 3 points more per game. I think this is almost all due to the INTs. Some special team stats got better.

Overall, a disappointing season because like the coaches, I expected improvement in most statistical categories. You could chalk it up to playing the best stable of QBs any conference has had in a long time, I don't know that I do though.

One more myopic cheerleader and we would've won 3 games this season. I blame fatbuff for being so stubborn.

:lol:. I don't dislike McIntyre. I just think that he has met the bare minimum of expectations of what a coach should do. It would take a real ****ty coach not to improve on what we had in 2012, but many point to improvement as proof that MacIntyre is taking us to a bowl. He still hasn't won a game that he shouldn't win, and I really think that recruiting is bordering on terrible. 0fer in conference put me over the edge, much like Embo ****ing up our streak of not being shut out. People that are willing to sit back and wait for miracles just piss me off.

Yeah, a Pac 12 team who fits the bowl requirements will always get a invite. A non-P5 team will never get an invite over a 6-6/7-6 Pac 12 team.

He has a sweatshirt though

Did you get a sweatshirt for sitting on your daddy's lap and watching all that football that made you such an expert?

Rep zbuff for that, guys. It's a **** ton of work to click from one link to the next for all the team stats on the NCAA site, find the page that Colorado is on for each of them, and then re-type it here or us.

Much appreciated.
was just thinking how happy I was that zbuff did it so I didn't have to.

Thanks Z.

Significant change in penalties too.

I'm sure this conversation has happened elsewhere in a thread I haven't opened, but does Baer get a pass at all considering the injuries?

:lol:. 0fer in conference put me over the edge, much like Embo ****ing up our streak of not being shut out.

that wasn't embree, surprisingly. that was juice box himself at mizzery, back when we started to realize that we had slipped from the land of good to the land of incredibly awful.

2015 is a year of expectations. win.

Thanks Z.

Significant change in penalties too.

I'm sure this conversation has happened elsewhere in a thread I haven't opened, but does Baer get a pass at all considering the injuries?

Nope. Offense lost the big play ability of P-Rich, so had to deal with making it work while Sefo's YPA went way down. Also had tons of injuries to OL and RB while not having much of a receiving threat at TE. But Lindgren made it work.

Defense had plenty of excuses, but there is no excuse for not having any improvement other than 3rd down defense.

Take a look at the rest of the thread.

Anyways, I think if we're talking maybe 5 wins in year 3, then MacIntyre is clearly not the answer

I can't say I've ever disagreed with anything less that I've ever read on here. 5 wins and improving from where we were? Unbelievable turnaround. Not there, but measurable progress.

This is a turnaround of epic proportion.

My expectations come with bookends.
The Floor: This is the bare minimum to support year 4.

3-1 OOC
1-8 Conference.

Less than 4 wins is unacceptable.

The Ceiling: - exceeding expectations
Undefeated OOC. 4 or more conference wins. Win at home against at least one conference opponent. Secure Bowl invite.

My expectation. (Middle of Road)
5 wins. 3 or 4 OOC, 1 or 2 on the road. No bowl.

MacIntyre stays unless he loses to CSU and goes oh-fer again in Conference.

Stat20132014
RankValueRankValue
Total Offense87369.939439.2
Rushing Offense108120.873154.6
Passing Offense47249.120284.6
Team Passing Efficiency70127.8364128.54
Scoring Offense8625.46828.5
Total Defense106468109461
Rushing Defense101208.5102204.8
Passing Yards Allowed102259.599256.2
Team Passing Efficiency Defense87135.83114149.93
Scoring Defense11238.311739
Turnover MarginT-79-0.25112-0.83
3rd Down Conversion Pct1070.337680.401
4th Down Conversion PctT-1170.286730.483
3rd Down Conversion Pct Defense580.388T-630.4
4th Down Conversion Pct DefenseT-950.6730.538
Red Zone Offense690.813230.889
Red Zone Defense610.8281130.893
Net Punting8735.992839.45
Punt Returns1035916.5
Kickoff Returns4322.61623.71
First Downs OffenseT-94233T-14296
First Downs DefenseT-7427198271
Fewest Penalties Per Game194.33T-1037.17
Fewest Penalty Yards Per Game2338.4211168.5
Time of Possession90 28:4914 32:34

From NCAA.org. We're going nowhere w/o a big improvement in turnover margin, penalties and defense. It's almost eerie how close these defensive numbers are year over year.
Wow. Rep to zbuff.

I had some sympathy for Baer, since he has not much to work with, but that is truly a ****ty defensive performance.

My expectations come with bookends.
The Floor: This is the bare minimum to support year 4.

3-1 OOC
1-8 Conference.

Less than 4 wins is unacceptable.

The Ceiling: - exceeding expectations
Undefeated OOC. 4 or more conference wins. Win at home against at least one conference opponent. Secure Bowl invite.

My expectation. (Middle of Road)
5 wins. 3 or 4 OOC, 1 or 2 on the road. No bowl.

MacIntyre stays unless he loses to CSU and goes oh-fer again in Conference.
This. I see 4 wins as a floor. Anything less will be a huge disappointment and Mac will be on the hot seat. I think bowl talk is pre-mature with this defense. If the D doesn't improve, Baer is gone.

Nope. Offense lost the big play ability of P-Rich, so had to deal with making it work while Sefo's YPA went way down. Also had tons of injuries to OL and RB while not having much of a receiving threat at TE. But Lindgren made it work.

Defense had plenty of excuses, but there is no excuse for not having any improvement other than 3rd down defense.

Got it. I just needed a solid steer on my opinion. **** Baer.

Got it. I just needed a solid steer on my opinion. **** Baer.

Oh ****. I even mis-posted. 3rd down defense was improved heading into the Oregon game. Must have been bad the last 2 weeks for it to finish worse than last year.

Oh ****. I even mis-posted. 3rd down defense was improved heading into the Oregon game. Must have been bad the last 2 weeks for it to finish worse than last year.

So is Baer now our guy because of his consistency? I'm 100% in with Baer. Thanks for the heads up.

This. I see 4 wins as a floor. Anything less will be a huge disappointment and Mac will be on the hot seat. I think bowl talk is pre-mature with this defense. If the D doesn't improve, Baer is gone.

4 wins would be a huge disappointment IMO.

I have no patience for the sentiment that MM gets a year 4 and year 5 no matter what.

If next year turns out to be a near repeat of this year, forget the hot seat and bring out the severance papers.

I'm not anti-Mac, but I am against habitual underperformance and oppose the opinions that involve more patience.

I really hope MacIntyre blows past the floor and delivers a kick-ass break through season in 2015 that makes us all proud. That way all this talk about the floor can be put to rest. He was hired to rebuild and that's what I expect.

[video=vimeo;64261338]http://vimeo.com/64261338[/video]

6:17 Mac mentions his favorite saying is: No excuses, no regrets.

I'm sure he approves of the thread.

that wasn't embree, surprisingly. that was juice box himself at mizzery, back when we started to realize that we had slipped from the land of good to the land of incredibly awful.

2015 is a year of expectations. win.

You're right. I was thinking it was the Stanford game, but it was Mizzou. The ****tiness just seems to blend together. Who can keep up?

We played 4 quarters of offense in all years under consideration.

This is the first year in many that we had to play defense in the 2nd half.

I can't say I've ever disagreed with anything less that I've ever read on here. 5 wins and improving from where we were? Unbelievable turnaround. Not there, but measurable progress.

This is a turnaround of epic proportion.

The problem with this line of thinking is that everything is always on track, nothing is ever wrong, and it is always the last guy's fault.

Back