What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Preseason Depth Chart

I guess we can officially label both Rippy and Wright as busts now. What a waste.

Not looking for a free cookie here, but I made this post about Rippy and Yuri on February 18th after everyone was penciling those guys--especially Rippy--into the two deep:

"Let me break it to you: both of those guys are just collecting scholarship money and that's about it. I watched a fair amount of practices last year (and every game) and it's crystal clear that both (and I'd say Rippy more than Wright) are completely outclassed at their positions. And Rippy is not a very good athlete. He doesn't have nearly the athleticism his cousin Doug has and he is soft. If there's no major improvement this spring, then I think it's time to write both of them off and move on. Too many young guys in the pipeline." http://www.allbuffs.com/threads/2015-cu-spring-football-practices.105097/page-2#post-1758110

Not looking for a free cookie here, but I made this post about Rippy and Yuri on February 18th after everyone was penciling those guys--especially Rippy--into the two deep:

"Let me break it to you: both of those guys are just collecting scholarship money and that's about it. I watched a fair amount of practices last year (and every game) and it's crystal clear that both (and I'd say Rippy more than Wright) are completely outclassed at their positions. And Rippy is not a very good athlete. He doesn't have nearly the athleticism his cousin Doug has and he is soft. If there's no major improvement this spring, then I think it's time to write both of them off and move on. Too many young guys in the pipeline." http://www.allbuffs.com/threads/2015-cu-spring-football-practices.105097/page-2#post-1758110
You want a ****in cookie??

Jackson was running with the 1st teamers when I saw.
Where's Severson? I have to LOL that Baer had him as a LB

My biggest wtf moment with Severson was that he was our #1 KO Returner. I know he supposedly ran a 10.6 100m in high school, but it certainly didn't show on KOR.
Severson did rank 4TH in the Pac 12 the year he was the primary KO returner-2013; so he had that goin' for him, particularly when considering the overall quality of the ST players on the field at that time (lots of FR and guys like Rippy).

Surprised Laguda is so far down. Could mean the guys ahead of him are good though. I was excited about him.

My biggest wtf moment with Severson was that he was our #1 KO Returner. I know he supposedly ran a 10.6 100m in high school, but it certainly didn't show on KOR.
In his two years he's averaging 21.8 yards per return. I'll take that along with Lindsay's 23.6 yards per return.

He looks like a LB on kick returns and a kick returner when playing LB. Guys like Severson and Norgard are just too small to be playing on a D1 team. The best hope is that they are fierce competitors in practice, a "Rudy", that helps the team by going full speed Monday through Friday.

Laguda redshirted at Juco. He's got 3 to play 3. He's a solid all around player with potential, and will play heavily on STs. Having 3 deep at FS is great, but Laguda could end up at SS by next year.

Gotcha. He was listed behind 2 other sophs on the chart. Would be nice for class balance if he (or 1 of the others) could rs this season. Perfect world, right?

To me, there are guys that pass the eye test when you watch them catch a kick and run with it and Severson just wasn't one of those guys to me, regardless of stats. He could seemingly run in a straight line very fast, but lacked vision, lateral quickness and that little "x factor" that most good returners have. I'm honestly not sure Lindsay is that guy either.

I hope they give Carr or Oliver a chance.

agree....no way he should ever be returning kicks.

I wouldn't read much into anyone participating in their first fall camp being "buried" on the depth chart. Not many show up to campus ready to challege for a starting job right away. I also don't think our player participation in the Utah game will look anywhere close to what is listed on the depth chart now.

To me, there are guys that pass the eye test when you watch them catch a kick and run with it and Severson just wasn't one of those guys to me, regardless of stats. He could seemingly run in a straight line very fast, but lacked vision, lateral quickness and that little "x factor" that most good returners have. I'm honestly not sure Lindsay is that guy either.

I hope they give Carr or Oliver a chance.
The really good kick returners seem to have an instinct for making people miss while running full speed forward.

Severson looks as you describe, straight line fast but he picks an angle or lane and its full speed ahead. He delivered some of the hardest hits on the team but unfortunately they were on tacklers as he had the ball in his hands and ended up with him going down.

Lindsay is much better at making people miss, he just needs to get better at keeping his forward momentum when he does. On KO returns if you stop you are dead. I saw him maintaining momentum better last year as the year went on both as a returner and a ball carrier. Hopefully with the added muscle he put on he will be able to run through some of the arm tackles and contact that brought him down to easy last year.

We are starting to bring in a number of athletes who could turn out to be the guy but if Lindsay is even somewhat better than last year he will be a quality returner.

We aren't young. Mostly Juniors in the starting lineup.
5 sophomores top the depth chart on offense (1 is a fullback and the other a third WR). We have 22 Sophomores/Freshmen in our 34 listed for 12 positions on offense. I have no problem at all with that. I was just surprised we are still quite that young.

I keep saying...he could get to 25 if stopped running RIGHT AT the one dude between him and a touchdown.
That's very frustrating, but also says something about Lindsey that I just love. Dude is a destroyer.

Lindsey is a tough ****er, love his game. I wonder what KC could do back there?
I liked KC as a punt returner, as a freshman. Of course it only lasted one half against CSU, but I always felt we gave up on him too early.

Back