What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015: Recruiting News, Notes & Official Visitors

Frost is a guy who had the skill set to thrive in a number of systems. More than anything, he was a plus athlete. I do not necessarily see that with any of the current RBs on our roster.

I didn't really articulate that well but it was kind of my point Frost was absolutely a plus athlete, great QB for NU but he was terrible at Stanford in Walsh's offense, would have been terrible in the spread or the Air-raid. When put into the right system he was great, but in th ewrong one he couldn't hack it. Not dis-similar from our own Colt Brennan in that Hawaii offense versus the real world. I guess what i was tying to say is game manager to me means: boring, completely lacking dynamism and safe. Where as you can be an electric QB and and at times RB and still be a system guy.

You still have to be a plus athlete and i dont see many of those on our roster, but you can certainly look a lot better in the right system if you are. Much like most of these Oregon Backs who cant do **** at the next level, they are absolutely plus athletes hell they are freaks but their talent works in that system and not as well in others.

Part of the problem here is conflicting statements. Lindgren comes out and says running should be 55-60% of the offense ideally, but has that ever been close to the truth with MacIntyre as head coach?

Part of the problem here is conflicting statements. Lindgren comes out and says running should be 55-60% of the offense ideally, but has that ever been close to the truth with MacIntyre as head coach?

They got to just short of 50/50 his last year at SJSU. So, yeah, I don't know if that's too much of an idealized statistic. Maybe it includes thinking you'd have big leads and be running the clock out rather than the play calling mix within a competitive game? It seems more like 50-55% passing to me when I look at the history as more of the ideal.

Last year was 50/50, so maybe the philosophy is evolving or maybe he's thinking of what would be ideal with this QB and team? Hard to know.

I didn't really articulate that well but it was kind of my point Frost was absolutely a plus athlete, great QB for NU but he was terrible at Stanford in Walsh's offense, would have been terrible in the spread or the Air-raid. When put into the right system he was great, but in th ewrong one he couldn't hack it. Not dis-similar from our own Colt Brennan in that Hawaii offense versus the real world. I guess what i was tying to say is game manager to me means: boring, completely lacking dynamism and safe. Where as you can be an electric QB and and at times RB and still be a system guy.

You still have to be a plus athlete and i dont see many of those on our roster, but you can certainly look a lot better in the right system if you are. Much like most of these Oregon Backs who cant do **** at the next level, they are absolutely plus athletes hell they are freaks but their talent works in that system and not as well in others.

I think I get your point. Kind of like how Troy Aikman was kind of ****ty at Oklahoma with a team set up to run option.

I think the staff would like a 50-60% running attack that includes a running QB. Just my guess though

The statistics don't tell the whole story because if the offense is running the way they want it to there are a lot of plays that get counted as passes that are more of a running play. These are the quick passes to the back and some of the quick stuff to the slots where the blocking sets up like a run but the ball is thrown forward instead of pitched back or handed off.

Well, running the ball doesn't make very much sense when we haven't been good at it in years. They want to play action, gotta have a threat for that. I'd guess they want the goal to be 50 or 60% run.

Didn't he get drafted as a safety and stick for a bit?

J.E.T.S. Jets jets jets.

Scott%2BFrost02.jpg

So it looks like we are in it for Tony Brown and Quentin Pounds. Both look like good athletes and both excelled in front of the coaches at camps. Have not heard much other than those two talking about official visits.

Still seems to be very little traction in Texas. I hope we see some surprises down there over the next few months.

So it looks like we are in it for Tony Brown and Quentin Pounds. Both look like good athletes and both excelled in front of the coaches at camps. Have not heard much other than those two talking about official visits.

Still seems to be very little traction in Texas. I hope we see some surprises down there over the next few months.

RG should work on getting SMU and Houston onto future schedules. Buffs need to gain some exposure in Texas.

How about a P5 team at a neutral site?

I'd be all over that. Those are harder to schedule before we're good, though. Regardless, we need those trips so that our coaches can use it to get to know some local HS coaches better and also to get some HS kids to the game to see the Buffs.

RG should work on getting SMU and Houston onto future schedules. Buffs need to gain some exposure in Texas.
I like the idea of 1 game every other year in TX because HCMM could guarantee TX kids would play in their state at least once every 2 years. Not sure how hard that would be to pull off

I like the idea of 1 game every other year in TX because HCMM could guarantee TX kids would play in their state at least once every 2 years. Not sure how hard that would be to pull off

Shouldn't be too hard.

Division 1A programs in Texas:

Baylor
Houston
North Texas
Rice
SMU
TCU
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas State
Texas Tech
UTEP
UTSA

Is anyone going to do the thread this year with updates on high school performances for all the CU commits?

HS football got started this week and I always like that one.

Is anyone going to do the thread this year with updates on high school performances for all the CU commits?

I suppose I can do it again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lynott lined up at tackle for Regis' scrimmage last night. Supposed to move to guard this year, might have been just to mess with Creek coaches in attendance.

Last edited:

Well we know the camera wont be doing it this year. they fired the hack who did it last yr.:rofl:

The Buffs like Moore and he has an offer, that's about it :)

He's releasing a top five tomorrow, so we'll see where CU stands.

Last edited:
Possible targets:

Ben Schrider
Quinn Fabrizio
Izzy Matthews
Nicholas Fisher

Like to see at least one more WR to go along with Blandin. Obviously would take a superlative player at any position later in the cycle if they want to come on board.

Back