What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Uniforms

I get that and that's why I stay mostly quiet on uniforms. They're not about me and my age group. fwiw, it cracks me up when I see all this fluorescent stuff on football uniforms since it reminds me of Wham, Frankie Goes to Hollywood "Relax" t-shirts and the South Beach gay culture explosion in the 80s. I'm expecting leg warmers to be the next uniform fashion trend.

I look forward to 35 year old 'Tini confessing how stupid he looked in 2015. We all do it.

Everything is cyclical, including fashion. The 80's neon is back in full effect, the mid calf socks (opposed to ankle socks) have become standard, tight jeans, plaid shirts, snapback hats, etc. I look at high school kids and think they look ridiculous when comparing them to what I thought was in style. Same thing applies with uniforms. It seems that the boldest uniforms are considered cool and CU's aren't bold. Clothing companies have to keep up with the changing style preferences to stay in business, and college football uniforms are really no different.

Everything is cyclical, including fashion. The 80's neon is back in full effect, the mid calf socks (opposed to ankle socks) have become standard, tight jeans, plaid shirts, snapback hats, etc. I look at high school kids and think they look ridiculous when comparing them to what I thought was in style. Same thing applies with uniforms. It seems that the boldest uniforms are considered cool and CU's aren't bold. Clothing companies have to keep up with the changing style preferences to stay in business, and college football uniforms are really no different.

Your argument would make perfect sense if Oregon was wearing the uniform in the picture below.

And I think the 80s throwback phase is starting to pass in fashion (I'm starting see some pre-grunge, Curt Cobain stuff happening among the youth), you have to admit that your discussion of cyclical fashion (which was accurate) is completely misaligned when talking about what is happening with uniforms. It has nothing to do with a cycle.

USATSI_4035758-675x380.jpg

Not a cycle!

oregon.jpg

Your argument would make perfect sense if Oregon was wearing the uniform in the picture below.

And I think the 80s throwback phase is starting to pass in fashion (I'm starting see some pre-grunge, Curt Cobain stuff happening among the youth), you have to admit that your discussion of cyclical fashion (which was accurate) is completely misaligned when talking about what is happening with uniforms. It has nothing to do with a cycle.

You're probably right about the cyclical nature of style not corresponding to unis (although that is what has happened with CU's, but I digress). I guess I'm more referring to just style in general coming full circle, in some regards, and the younger generations finding certain looks appealing that the older generations don't (re the article I posted).

I do stand by my last point, however. Uniforms are like any other product, in that, they need to keep up with changing style preferences of the youth in order to remain relevant. Some programs don't need to make aesthetic changes because their tradition and success speaks for itself (Bama, Michigan, OSU, USC, etc). CU isn't that type of program, though, so like ASU, Oregon, Oklahoma State, Baylor, AZ, Boise St. etc, we have to give young kids new, shiny things to look at.

It's marketing for Jersey chasers. The kids are too dumb to know. Not their fault, it's lack of experience.

You folks, on the other hand, are old enough to know better. Grown men keening over the new shiny is an embarrassment to manhood. Jesus wept. This now includes you, Tini.

It's marketing for Jersey chasers. The kids are too dumb to know. Not their fault, it's lack of experience.

You folks, on the other hand, are old enough to know better. Grown men keening over the new shiny is an embarrassment to manhood. Jesus wept. This now includes you, Tini.

If 'Tini is Jesus, we're all ****ed.

However, if you're just suggesting that he's crying, then that's cool.

Concur with the rest.

The apparel companies have successfully marketed for years to the youth demographic that shoes are a collectible item and that it makes sense to have thousands of dollars invested in "mint in box" sneakers that are never worn.

They want to get to that same place with football jerseys. That's why we're seeing so many alternates and updates, even "fashion" lines that are never used on the field of play.

The apparel companies have successfully marketed for years to the youth demographic that shoes are a collectible item and that it makes sense to have thousands of dollars invested in "mint in box" sneakers that are never worn.

They want to get to that same place with football jerseys. That's why we're seeing so many alternates and updates, even "fashion" lines that are never used on the field of play.

Allbuffs has never indulged a discussion on how awesome shoes are, to Burrito's point.

I think we generally acknowledge (begrudgingly) that teens like the flashy uniforms, and that recruits are teens, so we should accommodate them to a point.

I expect FLounder to discuss teen stuff, I just can't believe who he's dragged into the conversation.

Jersey chasing just got taken to a new level.

burrito-480x473.jpg

Super Bowl pregame broadcast was a chilling reminder of what happens when the football and fashion worlds collide.

johnny-weir-tara-lipinski-host-super-bowl-pre-game-coverage-on-nbc-ftr1.jpg

Never could figure why UNLV went with Rebels as a mascot. Was there a Civil War battle there?

Technically, I believe UNLV is the "Runnin' Rebels" which would indicate that they are the rebels that ran away from the South in order to avoid fighting in the Civil War.

Not sure if serious

He has no idea what he be talking about.

The nickname "Rebels" was given to UNLV athletic teams because the school, emerging from the shadow of the University of Nevada, Reno, in effect "rebelled" against its bigger and older brother to the north.

The name "Runnin' Rebels" (always spelled without a "g") was coined in 1974 by then-sports information director Dominic Clark but refers only to the UNLV men's basketball team.

http://www.unlvrebels.com/trads/unlv-trads-nickname.html

Im here to edumacate'

Back