What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 BBall Transfers Thread

Yup....pretty bummed out about Thornton - the kid can play, was known as a good teammate, seemed to enjoy Duke, but his dad is apparently upset with how he was being used. Derryck is from CA, and he wants to play closer to home apparently, although it seems that some of this is driven from his parents.

He's a good kid, graduated early to enroll in Duke, so the only flag about him is his family potentially being too involved. Boulder is definitely closer to CA than Durham...although we weren't involved at all in his recruitment out of HS. He plays good defense, can shoot, drives well, passes well, solid handles, but sometimes not the best decisions. Would love to see Tad give him a phone call.

High 3* from New Orleans. Originally committed to Cuonzo at Tennessee, then opened it up after he left. Big, athletic SG who needs to work on his shot.

Decent shooter with solid all around game it appears. Sophomore.

Hmmm.

What if Tad snagged Olejniczak and Whitt off the transfer market. They'd redshirt and be sophs in 2017-18.

Let's then assume that Deleon Brown and Dallas Walton end up redshirting.

That would be a rotation for upcoming season of 9 guys.:

Wes Gordon, Xavier Johnson, Derrick White, Josh Fortune, Dom Collier, George King, Tory Miller, Thomas Akyazili and Bryce Peters.

Then, Tad would have 4 guys coming off redshirts to replace senior losses in addition to 4 incoming signees (mix of frosh and maybe transfers).

I think this would be a damn good plan on the roster management for this season & into the future.

I think Brown is going to contribute next year. I really like him.

Hmmm.

What if Tad snagged Olejniczak and Whitt off the transfer market. They'd redshirt and be sophs in 2017-18.

Let's then assume that Deleon Brown and Dallas Walton end up redshirting.

That would be a rotation for upcoming season of 9 guys.:

Wes Gordon, Xavier Johnson, Derrick White, Josh Fortune, Dom Collier, George King, Tory Miller, Thomas Akyazili and Bryce Peters.

Then, Tad would have 4 guys coming off redshirts to replace senior losses in addition to 4 incoming signees (mix of frosh and maybe transfers).

I think this would be a damn good plan on the roster management for this season & into the future.

I like this a lot & it would continue a long trend of Tad being a really creative recruiter/roster manager. Sure, he's not pulling Rivals top 50 kids every year but, his use of redshirts, transfers, post grad prep schools, & Europe have mostly paid off thus far.

keep-calm-and-kick-his-ass-seabass.png
g1406830327953477339.jpg

The older guy on the left was a buddy of mine. I always love that scene.

Monumental

Not so fast my friend. Monumental is a bit much for a player who averaged 6 pts per game, 1 rb and 1 assist. Josh Fortune had far better stats coming in and he has been mediocre. Whitt is a bench player who may be able to contribute, not a player who can turn a program from NCAA first round exits into the Final Four. That would be monumental.

Not so fast my friend. Monumental is a bit much for a player who averaged 6 pts per game, 1 rb and 1 assist. Josh Fortune had far better stats coming in and he has been mediocre. Whitt is a bench player who may be able to contribute, not a player who can turn a program from NCAA first round exits into the Final Four. That would be monumental.

Whitt was wildly inconsistent as a freshman. I expect the redshirt year will do him a lot of good. He had some big time games against some solid competition.

vs Stanford 14pts, 2reb, 1ast
vs Missouri 15pts 3reb
vs Tenn. 10pts 2reb 2ast
vs Miss st 11pts 4reb

Yes, you can quite easily say that I cherry picked his best games. Which is true. However I am just trying to highlight that he has serious potential. He has performed well at times against D1/P5 competition. You take a 4star, Rivals top 60 player, every time.

Agreed with Shldr2Shldr. Inconsistent frosh years are the norm rather than the exception. I'm willing to take a chance on a guy with that much talent - especially when we recruited him out of HS and have two of his AAU teammates on the team.

No doubt, I think it is the right move to take a flyer on him. However, potential vs. monumental - I would not set expectations so high quite yet. But certainly a good acquisition to replace White or Fortune.

No doubt, I think it is the right move to take a flyer on him. However, potential vs. monumental - I would not set expectations so high quite yet. But certainly a good acquisition to replace White or Fortune.

If he was coming out of highschool and we were his only visit, this board would be losing their minds. He is a big time player, and this is a big time get.

Back