What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 BBall Transfers Thread

Not so fast my friend. Monumental is a bit much for a player who averaged 6 pts per game, 1 rb and 1 assist. Josh Fortune had far better stats coming in and he has been mediocre. Whitt is a bench player who may be able to contribute, not a player who can turn a program from NCAA first round exits into the Final Four. That would be monumental.

In terms of recruiting, it would be monumental. Whitt would be the highest rated Rivals recruit CU has ever had.

Chauncey was selected for the McDonald's game, as was Martice Moore.

Rivals wasn't founded until 1998, so this would be almost correct about Whitt as the highest rated CU recruit in the Rivals era. He'd actually be 2nd.

David Harrison was #10
Jimmy Whitt was #55
Josh Scott was #61
Xavier Johnson was #75
Dominique Collier was #93

As was David Harrison. Try reading what I said again. Rivals didn't start their basketball rankings until 2003.

They only post their database back to '03, but began ranking several years prior to that. Founded in '98. Just posted detail above.

They only post their database back to '03, but began ranking several years prior to that. Founded in '98. Just posted detail above.

Right on. Highest Rated Rivals Recruit Since Their Earliest Available Database just didn't flow as well, ya know?

I saw the post about Whitt being the highest rated kid to CU, but of course three hours since that post is too much time before everyone else replied.

I'd like to throw another name out there - Jose Winston. He didn't end up in final rankings in top 100 rankings, but entering his senior year, everyone seemed to have him near the 50s. Before Rivals, Bob Gobbons and Brick Oettinger dominated the scene, and he was 57 and 40, respectively, going into his senior year of HS. That same year, Patton was hitting the recruiting trail hard, and as I remember it, almost landed Q Richardson, who was top 20.

Also, Stephane Pelle and Jamahl Mosely were top 100 recruits in some lists...too lazy to dig up that information. They were in the 90s if I recall correctly, with Mosely only one list, and Pelle being a consensus top 100 player.

3* PF out of HS who had offers from Arizona, Oregon, UCONN, North Carolina St, UCLA, USC, DePaul, LSU and others. Sounds like a typical back to the basket banger type. Definite potential, but hasn't shown much so far with it.

"Arkansas transfer guard Jimmy Whitt just wrapped up an official visit to North Carolina State. He's currently on his way to Colorado, per his former AAU coach.

His coach confirmed offers from both programs and Kansas State."

Marcus Lee withdrew from NBA draft and is transferring from UK. Native to CA, and wants to be closer to home... ...but probably also wants a lot of minutes to better showcase his NBA potential.

Marcus Lee withdrew from NBA draft and is transferring from UK. Native to CA, and wants to be closer to home... ...but probably also wants a lot of minutes to better showcase his NBA potential.

He has to sit a year, so it would actually be a great fit at CU. He'd move right into the starting lineup as Wes and XJ graduate from the front court.

Really good fit for Tad's system as a high efficiency guy who can block some shots. Spending a year working on FTs wouldn't be the worst thing for him, either.

Tad better get on this! We recruited him in high school and should have a chance given that he is looking to be closer to home. Perfect fit to sit this year and then start next year! This is why we banked the scholarship!

If he lands at Georgia Tech, Kansas or Iowa State than we all know that the "Closer to home" excuse was BS.

If CAL or Oregon land this kid I'm gonna puke.

Last edited:
Reports are he is leaning towards Cal
Sounding like California is the early frontrunner for Marcus Lee, source told ESPN. Bears were heavily in mix when he chose UK.

Cmon Tad, close on these guys. Cal has been hot recruiting lately. Altman doesn't develop his players but man does he land transfers year after year

Cmon Tad, close on these guys. Cal has been hot recruiting lately. Altman doesn't develop his players but man does he land transfers year after year

Altman is Oregon.
Cuonzo is Cal.

Cut from the same cloth, though. Fortunately, Cuonzo doesn't seem to be the same level of game coach that Altman is.

Back