What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 Coaching Carousel

Plenty of coaches who impressed this year who have room to move to higher prestige jobs. I don't know what market rate is in the Big East but Chris Mack must be very loyal or is being greatly taken care of. If I were Pitt I'd send the money train to Cincinnati and make him say no.

The time for a better program than Vandy to hire Stallings was 10 years ago. I am stunned that an SEC basketball coach who perennially does just enough to keep his job was either Pitt's dream target or the best they could do. In the years since Matt Freije was making Stallings look good, the tournament runs have been nice but the bottom line has been extremely mediocre for a conference that only had to worry about Kentucky and Billy Donovan. If Tad Boyle missed the tournament four times in an eight year stretch and an ACC school offered him enough to leave his home state for a middle of their conference program we'd be scratching our heads wondering why. Stallings is 55 and peaked long ago. This is weird.

The time for a better program than Vandy to hire Stallings was 10 years ago. I am stunned that an SEC basketball coach who perennially does just enough to keep his job was either Pitt's dream target or the best they could do. In the years since Matt Freije was making Stallings look good, the tournament runs have been nice but the bottom line has been extremely mediocre for a conference that only had to worry about Kentucky and Billy Donovan. If Tad Boyle missed the tournament four times in an eight year stretch and an ACC school offered him enough to leave his home state for a middle of their conference program we'd be scratching our heads wondering why. Stallings is 55 and peaked long ago. This is weird.

SOunds a bit like Bz.

SOunds a bit like Bz.

You know, it sure does. Each one raised our standard for what success in that sport was. I don't like to ever settle. It sure seemed like Vandy was settling. And oddly enough, now that they're in the ACC, Pitt seems like they're settling with this one too. It just baffles me. This school used to win Big East titles back when Syracuse, UConn, Georgetown were all powerhouses there. Can't figure this one out.

One crooked Drew is enough to tar them all. **** Bailer!

I hate bailer with the best of them, but like Bryce. He's making his NIT run with a very tough and virtually unrecruited central Illinois kid named Alec Peters. Check him out Tuesday at MSG.

Arkansas-Little Rock's Chris Beard appears to be UNLV bound. Good hire by them.

Took a look at HoopDirt just now.

Looks like Dunleavy Sr. to Tulane is official.

Also, Boise State's Leon Rice looks to be the #1 target for the Saint Louis job.

You know, it sure does. Each one raised our standard for what success in that sport was. I don't like to ever settle. It sure seemed like Vandy was settling. And oddly enough, now that they're in the ACC, Pitt seems like they're settling with this one too. It just baffles me. This school used to win Big East titles back when Syracuse, UConn, Georgetown were all powerhouses there. Can't figure this one out.

Pitt isn't anywhere near as attractive now as it was then-the ACC always has been tough with Carolina, Duke, and Mr. Burns at Syracuse.....now add programs with staying power in Charlottesville and Miami. Not only that, but you don't get the games in New York to pitch to people. Stallings failed up, but Vandy will do well.

Kind of like Bzdelik?

Herb Sendek is the new HC at Santa Clara.

Major shakeup to the WCC balance of power, I think.

Back