What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 Coaching Carousel

Will Wade is going to be a big name. Great young coach

Kind of like Bzdelik?

Will Wade re-upped at VCU.

8 years!
i'm a Vandy fan, went there a couple years before transferring to CC. i always liked Stallings but the last 3-4 years seemed to be treading water. i agree with CVille about Wade. i watched a couple of his NCAA pressers and was really impressed. bad for Vandy, but good for VCU....some coaching stability there would be a good thing....they've lost Jeff Capel, Tony Grant, Shaka....

i'm not a Bzdelik fan at all. guy never won more than 6 conference games at CU and Wake. only a couple winning seasons at AFA to balance a miserable w-l %. and his best year at AFA was with Joe Scott's senior class that was very good. Wake fired Dino Gaudio with 3 5 star commits on the table coming off an NCAA 2nd round....and hired Bzdelik who won 8 games in his first season and his usual 15-19 type seasons thereafter... Danny Manning just went 2-16 in the ACC. bad times at Wake.

also, nifty trivia, Kevin Stallings was the coach of Illinois State in the NIT opening round at the CEC when Ricardo threw the ball in the stands. 00, 01 maybe.

also, Pitt had some good teams before Jaime Dixon in the old Big East. Jerome Lane, etc. a little google shows Paul Evans, coach of David Robinson at Navy.....went to the NCAA 5 times in 8 years at Pitt from 87 to 94 in a tough Big East.

kinda how i felt about Johnny Dawkins. Wake fired Dino Gaudio coming off an NCAA second round.

Guadio may well have fallen off in coming years but it wouldn't have been remotely as bad as what the firing did to Wake.

Stallings will do no better at Pitt than Dixon. Possibly worse. They'll be an NCAA First Round/ NIT team. I do not see him taking Pitt to any sort of consistent top 4 ACC pecking order position.

I've been out of the loop the last week or so, but Brian Gregory from GT should be picked up as a head coach soon (if he hadn't already). He is more than capable of establishing a 20+ win NCAA Tourney program in a conference like the A10, SEC, etc

Cuonzo Martin potentially leaving Cal for GA Tech?

SF Chronicle

The Yellow Jackets have “zeroed in” on Martin and are “very interested” in working out a deal with him, one source with knowledge of the situation said. This comes after multiple reported possibilities for Georgia Tech’s opening have been removed from consideration.

Martin, 44, is under campus review into whether he fulfilled his responsibility as a mandatory reporter of sexual harassment allegations against assistant coach Yann Hufnagel, who was fired last month. Martin has been interested in pursuing opportunities elsewhere “for some time,” a source close to him said.

GT a clear case of don't fire unless you've got a better replacement. Pastner will have trouble cracking the top half of the ACC with any consistency

I'm not a big Pastner fan. I'm not negative on him either. Inherited a great situation, but at the same time it was a no-win because there was no way anyone would maintain the Memphis program at the Calipari level. And he was really too young/inexperienced at the time he got the job. But I also don't think he has done much to put his own stamp on that program in a good way. They looked to still be in decline (and it's been a long time since Cal now).

His last 3 years the attendance went from 16k to 6k. The fans were done with him.

Marshall is on Memphis' short list. Of course, he's on evertyone's short list, but the timing might be good.

Not sure if this is intended as a dig on Tubby or just a statement, but if so...aren't you a Cal fan?

Just a statement of fact. I'm a Cal fan, a Larry Brown fan, a Tubby fan. They're all excellent coaches. They also have a generous interpretation of the gray areas around NCAA rules.

So Texas Tech is about to be open. Their fans seem to want to get Beard who just signed with UNLV.

Back