What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 Colorado Football Roster (with '17 commitments)

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but you seem pretty skeptical about his ability to complete what seems like a pretty simple set of requirements--pass a few classes and stay clean for a few months. What gives?

I was merely giving a reason why Buffnik had chosen to not include him on the depth chart. That's it. The fact you could get something else from that conversation means I need to take a major step back on this website.

Wasn't trying to drive you into exile, Duff. Just know you tend to be more informed than the average Joseph, so thought maybe there was some more going on here.

So lytle and pursell are grey shirting. Probably a good move got lytle but confused about pursell.

So lytle and pursell are grey shirting. Probably a good move got lytle but confused about pursell.

Lytle is a 2017 recruit. He is playing his senior year of high school this fall. He is not going to greyshirt. There is some hope that he would be able to enroll early since it would be great for him to be in the QB competition next spring, but we've had no word on that.

Regarding Pursell, did you hear something new? When he signed in February there was speculation that he could GS, but that seemed to come from fans and I never saw anything other than him reporting for fall camp this year. Did something come out today?

It was in the bottom of the captains article woelk did.

— MacIntyre said two members of the 2016 recruiting class will "grayshirt," meaning they will delay their enrollment until the spring 2017 semester and then have five years to play four seasons with the ability to still redshirt a year if desired. The two players who will grayshirt this year are offensive linemen Chance Lytle and Colby Pursell. Lytle is from San Antonio, Texas, and Pursell is from Valencia, Calif. http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2016/7/5/football-buffs-name-2016-team-captains.aspx

That's very interesting. Puts us 2 under right now, I think. Probably means a couple walk-ons are getting put on scholarship for their senior season. Bagby and Howard, maybe?

Interesting.

I like when OL greyshirt, the extra physical maturity can only help plus an extra spring training.

Giving a scholly or two to deserving WOs is a big deal as well. I am a big believer that a successful WO program makes a difference in winning games. Being able to point to individuals on your team who earned those schollies makes it a lot easier to recruit the next group.

We also might hope for (no information to back this up, just hoping) for a late pick-up, potentially a JUCO who could add some depth on the OL or DL.

Wasn't there a JC DB that was just waiting for an offer to commit if a space opened up?

*Update* It was Arthur Hayes I was thinking of. I wonder if he's still an option for one of the newly opened scholarships.

Last edited:
Lytle is not gray shirting. I'm not sure where you got that from. If anything, he could be an early enrollee.

Edit: my mistake. Different Lytle. Sorry. Carry on.

Dallis Todd transferring from OU, 2014 grad from La Mirada so I wonder if Chiv has any connections.

Chev and Shay Fields both follow. He'd miss this year and then be a junior in 2017... a class that's currently small and doesn't have much going on at WR for the Buffs (Walker & MacIntyre). This would be a nice addition, I think.

https://twitter.com/SwaveyDallis

Updated OP:
  • All the commits for the 2017 roster added
  • Henington and Baham removed from roster
Current scholarship roster is at 81 with 20 seniors. Minimum 2017 class with no further attrition stands at 24. This makes around 30 the likely scenario.

Updated for TE Chris Hill and OLB Aaron Howard (both 5th-year seniors) being awarded scholarships.

Scholarship roster is now maxed out.

Seems like Tony Julmisse should be moved to DB, not WR. Commit Dante Sparaco to DL, not TE.

Why can't he do both?

They'd could play both, but you really list them just once. I find the depth chart in this thread very useful when looking at our recruiting needs. My suggestions are just housekeeping items to keep it accurate. Julmisse looks like he'll be a DB, and I think Sparaco has been loving defense at IMG and will probably end up on the DL.

They'd could play both, but you really list them just once. I find the depth chart in this thread very useful when looking at our recruiting needs. My suggestions are just housekeeping items to keep it accurate. Julmisse looks like he'll be a DB, and I think Sparaco has been loving defense at IMG and will probably end up on the DL.
Gotcha, the only reason I brought that up is I'm seeing more of it the last few years. It's old school, I like it.

How many scholarships do we have available? Would love to add DT, DE, TE, CB & S.

This thread needs updating in the OP. I'll be able to get to this and your question in the next couple days.

Short answer: we have room & could sign as many as 30.

The OL has depth, too. Lots of guys who are redshirt sophomores just waiting for their chance.
What was a huge question mark coming into the season has turned into what appears to be a long term strength. Man how things have changed. Amazing.

Back