What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

I've despised the series in the past, but I think going forward, we kick the hell out of them. The P5 realities are starting to set in and are creating a bigger divide. That is my opinion and only time will tell.

I'd like to play them later in the season as they have their best chance of an upset in week 1 and it diminishes by week after that as teams get things figured out. The element of surprise fades away. Depth issues start to emerge as well. Let's play them on Thanksgiving!
Wouldn't mind that at all, actually. At least until a good rivalry can form with another P12 team.

Why? It's rivalry weekend and CU has no rival to speak of anymore, other than CSU. It would have a better chance of being on network TV, in front a big audience than any game vs Utah does.
Rivalries in a new conference take time to develop, you can't just abandon it after four years to add a G5 team. CU vs. CSU will never be on network tv during that weekend with all of the big games that go on. Us moving a Pac-12 team, which is much better competitively and brings more eye balls which is really what matters, makes us look small time. Oh, look all these other teams are playing conference games and CU is playing CSU, that looks terrible.

Rivalries in a new conference take time to develop, you can't just abandon it after four years to add a G5 team. CU vs. CSU will never be on network tv during that weekend with all of the big games that go on. Us moving a Pac-12 team, which is much better competitively and brings more eye balls which is really what matters, makes us look small time. Oh, look all these other teams are playing conference games and CU is playing CSU, that looks terrible.
Long term, you're right. I just miss having an emotional tie to the day after Thanksgiving game, and CSU is the only team on our schedule at the moment that comes with those emotions. Utah doesn't move the needle at all.

Can't make CU look any more small time than doing that.
Do you think that puts too much emphasis on the game? Edit: you answered this replying to Scheckler.

On second thought, the game may be meaningless for us that late, so bad idea on that account.

Let's play them in game 2 or 3. Never ever in game 1. Never open against an in-state little brother!

**** - I bet I know what's going to happen:

Whatever it is, RG got them to agree to move the 2019 game out of Denver and into Boulder. Which would enable him to put the 2019 NU game in Denver.

Given that Mile High has some sort of contractual arrangement for its use I doubt they will just let us out of playing there without some sort of financial penalty. Playing NU there could be a fair trade given that there are so many NU alums in the Denver area and that they travel well from Lincoln and the money might work out better for Mile High. My guess would be that NU support that move since there will be more tickets available to their fans and they can avoid the toxicity of Boulder.

Separate thought:
When is their stadium going to be ready?

If it's ready for 2017, I could see RG giving them a home-home for this change to the current series:

2017 - Ft Collins (giving us the opportunity to **** on their opening day)
2018 - Boulder
2019 - Boulder (would let RG move NU to Denver)
2020 - Ft Collins

It looks like the west side stands has made significant progress. Pre fabricated concrete decking is already being installed and the steel skeleton of the press boxes and luxury level stuff is moving along. The other side doesn't have as much completed.

I'll spare you the youtube video this came from. :eek::eek::eek:

Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 10.23.35 AM.png

Wow, I wasn't expecting that much progress.

Pre fabrication makes it easier and faster as the pieces are made else where, trucked in, and then set in place as fast you can set them. The only parts done on site are the column forms and the foundational concrete below them. Even the concrete forms are prefabricated steel. In the old days some carpenter would have to cut them from plywood and 2x4s and nail them together. Now you set it, pour it, cure it, and then unclamp the mold and move it to the next pour. Seems like only the rebar is done on site anymore.

Finishes, on the other hand, are where things slow way down.

Bring on Meatchicken

Is this the right thread to bitch about our insane OOC scheduling for the next 6-8 years?

2016: (denver)CSU, Idaho State, @ Michigan
2017: (denver)CSU, Texas State, Northern Colorado
2018: (denver)CSU, @Nebraska, New Hampshire
2019: (denver)CSU, Nebraska, Fresno State
2020: @Csu (wtf?), @TA&M, Air Force
2021: Minnesota, UMass, TA&M
2022: @Minnesota, TCU, @ Air Force
2023: Nebraska, @TCU, ?
2024: @Nebraska, ?, ?

2023 looks like it could end up being overscheduled, especially if the Pac-12 schedule doesn't do us any favors with which programs are up that year.

Otherwise, it looks like a pretty standard P5 schedule to me. Some years actually look a little light to me.

When they started building out the distant schedule, it was obvious they were moving to 2 P5 teams each year.

Is this the right thread to bitch about our insane OOC scheduling for the next 6-8 years?

2016: (denver)CSU, Idaho State, @ Michigan
2017: (denver)CSU, Texas State, Northern Colorado
2018: (denver)CSU, @Nebraska, New Hampshire
2019: (denver)CSU, Nebraska, Fresno State
2020: @Csu (wtf?), @TA&M, Air Force
2021: Minnesota, UMass, TA&M
2022: @Minnesota, TCU, @ Air Force
2023: Nebraska, @TCU, ?
2024: @Nebraska, ?, ?

You can look at post #2 for the full breakdown of the future schedules in terms of what has been released up to now.

It looks tough to me. We'll be underdogs in 2 out of 3 games in 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 potentially. For a program that has a hard time winning games, I don't see the point of that.

I understand that we need to put fans in the seats. That's a real concern. I just think we're going to regret some of these schedules with two tough OOC games unless the program improves dramatically, because we haven't exactly been lighting up the Pac 12.

Last edited:
I have no idea how CU will look in 2018, let alone 2023. That goes for the teams on the schedule as well. None of those teams have had sustained success for about 20 years.

Yep. And I think we've learned that when CU schedules with the assumption that our team is going to suck that it ends up being a self fulfilling prophecy that also hurts both attendance & recruiting.

I am not sure how capable we'll be next year (lots of talent with the younger guys,) but next year's schedule is set up really nicely for a solid team to make a big run. If #theRise is real, there should be at least nine wins there.

2017 Schedule:
CSU (Neutral) - Sat, Sep 2
Texas State (Home) - Sat, Sep 9
Northern Colorado (Home) - Sat, Sep 16
Pac-12 - 4 Home (ARIZONA-CALIFORNIA-USC-WASHINGTON), 5 Away (ARIZONA STATE-OREGON STATE-UCLA-UTAH-WASHINGTON STATE)

I am not sure how capable we'll be next year (lots of talent with the younger guys,) but next year's schedule is set up really nicely for a solid team to make a big run. If #theRise is real, there should be at least nine wins there.

2017 Schedule:
CSU (Neutral) - Sat, Sep 2
Texas State (Home) - Sat, Sep 9
Northern Colorado (Home) - Sat, Sep 16
Pac-12 - 4 Home (ARIZONA-CALIFORNIA-USC-WASHINGTON), 5 Away (ARIZONA STATE-OREGON STATE-UCLA-UTAH-WASHINGTON STATE)

Next year's offense is loaded if there's a QB to lead it. Next year's defense is going to need those 3 weeks to gel. It all gets helped a lot if one or both of Addison and Irwin return instead of graduating.

2023 looks like it could end up being overscheduled, especially if the Pac-12 schedule doesn't do us any favors with which programs are up that year.

Otherwise, it looks like a pretty standard P5 schedule to me. Some years actually look a little light to me.

That 3rd game will be a paycheck

Back