What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

If I had to guess why I would say it is an opportunity to play a good team but still a team that can be beat on an off day and they will sell a lot of tickets.

If I had to guess why I would say it is an opportunity to play a good team but still a team that can be beat on an off day and they will sell a lot of tickets.

Just schedule a mid-tier P5 team to fill the void.

What is the point of scheduling NDSU?

Hard to figure. I'd understand if it was within the window of the RMS series and we needed a one-off home game to get to 6 games at Folsom while not wanting to play a game no CU fans were interested in attending. But, damn. Maybe RG knows something we don't and they're going to make the move to FBS.

Hard to figure. I'd understand if it was within the window of the RMS series and we needed a one-off home game to get to 6 games at Folsom while not wanting to play a game no CU fans were interested in attending. But, damn. Maybe RG knows something we don't and they're going to make the move to FBS.
It'd be interesting to see the contract: what if a move up is actually a stipulation?

Another thing I just noticed is that the 2018 Pac-12 opponents were released... and the Buffs miss both Stanford and Oregon from the North.

5 conference home games, no UO or Furd, CSU & New Hampshire in the non-con. Also have that trip to Nebraska. That sets up to be a heck of a good year for CU and its fans.

Another thing I just noticed is that the 2018 Pac-12 opponents were released... and the Buffs miss both Stanford and Oregon from the North.

5 conference home games, no UO or Furd, CSU & New Hampshire in the non-con. Also have that trip to Nebraska. That sets up to be a heck of a good year for CU and its fans.

Pretty obvious that RG and the admin are banking on CU being decent by then. The OOC's get a bit insane after 2018.

Pretty obvious that RG and the admin are banking on CU being decent by then. The OOC's get a bit insane after 2018.

I think he's banking on a big season in 2018. 2019 season ticket package includes CSU in Denver plus Nebraska and AFA at home. That's set up to be an attendance record season.

Christensen saying he heard atleast one of the Nebraska games will be at Mile High, I really hope that is not true.

It'd be interesting to see the contract: what if a move up is actually a stipulation?

Or maybe the G5 and the FCS become one subsivision all together.
I agree. Rick George is the guy who is effectively ending the CSU series because of the no win situation it puts CU in... Maybe we give him a little latitude for scheduling the NDSU game 8 years down the road until we can see what the college football landscape looks like at the time. He has far better and more resources with insight into what's coming down the pipe than anybody here.

I think he's banking on a big season in 2018. 2019 season ticket package includes CSU in Denver plus Nebraska and AFA at home. That's set up to be an attendance record season.
makes this season even more crucial for HCMM. If RG is going to make a change, he is going to want to do it after this year in order to hopefully have the team winning games by 2019. Could be a huge revenue season if the team is successful.

Christensen saying he heard atleast one of the Nebraska games will be at Mile High, I really hope that is not true.

We're playing our aTm home game at Mile High, so that wouldn't surprise me.

We're playing our aTm home game at Mile High, so that wouldn't surprise me.

I think both contracts say that we have the option of choosing to play them at Mile High.

I also think RG understands that a lot of the serious fans will be very disappointed if that happens.

And that concern will have to be weighed against any extra revenue that having the game there would bring.

My opinion: if we suck on the field and attendance at Folsom is around the level of the past year, then the difference in revenue between the two venues will be so large that it will be hard to say no. If we're good on the field, then the difference in revenue will be smaller and it will depend on the overall AD budget, and how important those extra dollars are at that moment in time.

In the article with all this scheduling news:

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=211031191

2021 (Pac-12: 4-Home, 5-Road)

Date Opponent Location
SEPT. 4 MASSACHUSETTS BOULDER
SEPT. 11 TEXAS A&M BOULDER (Denver)
SEPT. 18 MINNESOTA
And of course you post this after I say it was optional.

But after looking at the whole thing, it's less worrisome for ATM to be in Denver in terms of that year's schedule, where travelling to Denver is our only "away" game in the OOC.

I still don't like doing a "home and home" with another school when our half of the "home" is Mile High. Do a one-off with NU at Mile High in a season where we already play 2 OOC in Folsom, and I'm ok with it, but "home and home" means "Folsom and your place."

Back