What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CU News & Notes (Buff Stuff)

I thought they were done practicing on those fields?

Apparently they are practicing down there until game week and then will move up there for the rest of the season. I am guessing that 1) The fields are not being used right now as school is still out 2) There is more room so for camp when they are running tons of drills it makes more sense 3) Forcing them up and down the hill in the heat of summer is part of being a buffalo

From the cubuffs article (Neil Updated it)

PRACTICE TIDBITS: Tupou is no doubt going to command plenty of attention this fall. Even in shorts and helmets, Tupou faced a double-team in many of CU's drills on Thursday. "I don't mind it," Tupou said. "I like contact, so if it helps our linebackers and helps our defense, no problem with it." … True freshman corner Trey Udoffia had a nice debut day, picking off a pass in 11-on-11 drills. Udoffia batted a ball away from a receiver, then snatched it out of midair for the pick. … Linebacker Kenneth Olugbode also had an interception and long return. … Wide receiverShay Fields gathered in a long scoring pass on a perfect strike from Liufau. … Redshirt freshman QB Steven Montez made a nice completion on the run, earning a rare "attaboy" from defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt. … Tight end Dylan Keeney made a terrific fingertip catch, stretching above the outstretched arms of a defender to snare a high pass. … Wideout Jay MacIntyre had several nice catches, including a diving grab.

Pac-12 coaches that will vote in this year's coach poll: Clay Helton (USC), Mike Leach (WSU), Mike MacIntyre (Colorado), Chris Petersen (Washington), Rich Rodriguez (Arizona) and Kyle Whittingham (Utah)

From ESPN

Mini Mac always makes plays in practice. Really hope that will translate into games this year.

Mini Mac always makes plays in practice. Really hope that will translate into games this year.

He catches the ball and he's got some wiggle after the catch. What's everything with his is whether he can create separation to get open. Since he'd never played much WR before college, I'd assume that he didn't have a lot of route technique or awareness coming in. After 2 years, that shouldn't be an issue any more. I think he'll be a solid receiver who helps move the sticks.

First day of practice and they are already putting out articles about the battle for the two ILB positions. They must really like what they have with Gillam, Olugbode, Gamboa, and Lewis. Hopefully that is a good sign.

Last edited:
First day of practice and they are already putting out articles about the battle for the two ILB position. They must really like what they have with Gillam, Olugbode, Gamboa, and Lewis. Hopefully that is a good sign.
I think they are manufacturing stories at this point. 3 guys who've essentially racked up a lot of tackles but only 2 slots. Injuries do that.

I think they are manufacturing stories at this point. 3 guys who've essentially racked up a lot of tackles but only 2 slots. Injuries do that.
Probably right. I think this defense goes as the ILB's go. If the Dline is doing what they are suppose to, the ILB's should be wide open to make plays most of the game.

I think it's reasonable to assume that all 3 who were here last year are better now than they were a year ago. It's also fair to say that Lewis gives us depth in the rotation we didn't have last year.

We're a long way from being able to say whether ILB is up to being an average Pac-12 group or not, but I think we can expect it to be improved.

ZnsBUPjh.jpg

Jay MacIntyre, Justin Jan (no idea?), Joseph Hall (standing), David Bagby (crouching), Jaleel Awini, Robert Orban (tall guy in back), Lee Walker, Chev, Shay Fields, Danny Galloway, Tony Julmisse, Johnny Huntley, Kabion Ento (guessing), Juwann Winfree, Derrion Rakestraw, Devin Ross, Sean Grundman.

Some big time speed and playmaking ability in that group. Hope Chev and BL can get them in the right spots to use it.

Back