What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CU News & Notes (Buff Stuff)

I think this gives some insight into why MacIntyre was clearly not getting behind Apsay last year and didn't show any desire to turn over leadership of the offense to him. http://www.buffzone.com/buffzone-blogs/ci_30347460/cu-football-notes-home-opener-liufau-etc

Apsay update

Former CU quarterback Cade Apsay, who was dismissed from the team last winter for violating team rules, appears to be done playing football.

According to the Los Angeles Times, Apsay was the possible starter at Glendale (Calif.) Community College, but failed to make the team for academic reasons.

Last week, Apsay tweeted, "So glad I'm done with football I feel so free and it gives me more time to watch my brothers play."

Apsay spent two seasons at CU and started the final two games of the 2015 season in place of the injured Liufau.

I think this gives some insight into why MacIntyre was clearly not getting behind Apsay last year and didn't show any desire to turn over leadership of the offense to him. http://www.buffzone.com/buffzone-blogs/ci_30347460/cu-football-notes-home-opener-liufau-etc

Apsay update

Former CU quarterback Cade Apsay, who was dismissed from the team last winter for violating team rules, appears to be done playing football.

According to the Los Angeles Times, Apsay was the possible starter at Glendale (Calif.) Community College, but failed to make the team for academic reasons.

Last week, Apsay tweeted, "So glad I'm done with football I feel so free and it gives me more time to watch my brothers play."

Apsay spent two seasons at CU and started the final two games of the 2015 season in place of the injured Liufau.

Another career up in smoke.

Apsay update

Wow

Surprised they didn't wait until we beat Michigan to set the time. 2 ranked teams playing, one on the way down and another on The Rise seems pretty compelling to me.

If CU wins at Michigan & UO wins at Nebraska... the networks will be kicking themselves that they missed an opportunity to make this a prime time national game.

If CU wins at Michigan & UO wins at Nebraska... the networks will be kicking themselves that they missed an opportunity to make this a prime time national game.
Then DirecTV does a Pac-12 network trail run for a weekend.

Worst I think I have ever seen was the Oklahoma at Oregon game when the Okie guy was standing in front of the ref showing him the the ball... but they awarded the onside kick recovery to Oregon.

That still peeves folks down here.

My vote might be the cal/furd ending to "the band is on the field" game.

Yes, it's 2 games. Yes, the opponents have been garbage. But because it's PFF's analysis, this tells me that the OL is playing really good, assignment football. They know their assignments, which is half the battle, and they are executing.

Yes, it's 2 games. Yes, the opponents have been garbage. But because it's PFF's analysis, this tells me that the OL is playing really good, assignment football. They know their assignments, which is half the battle, and they are executing.

Adams deserves a ton of credit for the new look OL IMO. The improvements we've seen are more than a being a year older.

Adams deserves a ton of credit for the new look OL IMO. The improvements we've seen are more than a being a year older.

Considering we are starting a redshirt freshman at one position, it is definitely not all about experience. Getting Irwin back and adding Lynott to the mix has made this a more talented unit and new coaching has helped as well.

Considering we are starting a redshirt freshman at one position, it is definitely not all about experience. Getting Irwin back and adding Lynott to the mix has made this a more talented unit and new coaching has helped as well.
Credit to MM for making the change, but ****, why did it take this long??? [Yes, I know this is also the same argument about recruiting, DC position, WR coach/recruiting coordinator, etc.]

Credit to MM for making the change, but ****, why did it take this long??? [Yes, I know this is also the same argument about recruiting, DC position, WR coach/recruiting coordinator, etc.]

I hear you. We fans are reactionary and would jump the gun on changes. So I appreciate that he's more measured in his approach than we would be. But imho he is too measured and slow to make changes. Seems much slower than the norm we see with other HCs. I think there is an argument to be made (a strong argument) that the program is a year behind where it could have been in the rebuild due to this.

I hear you. We fans are reactionary and would jump the gun on changes. So I appreciate that he's more measured in his approach than we would be. But imho he is too measured and slow to make changes. Seems much slower than the norm we see with other HCs. I think there is an argument to be made (a strong argument) that the program is a year behind where it could have been in the rebuild due to this.
I don't think MM is a dumb human or was ignorant to the fact that he needed better than Baer at DC, Bernardi at OL, Toby at ST, etc. In my mind, there had to be some good reasons for being so measured and slow to make changes, other than the "WAC Mac doesn't get it" stuff a lot of fans tend to go with.

I don't think MM is a dumb human or was ignorant to the fact that he needed better than Baer at DC, Bernardi at OL, Toby at ST, etc. In my mind, there had to be some good reasons for being so measured and slow to make changes, other than the "WAC Mac doesn't get it" stuff a lot of fans tend to go with.
Someday I hope that story comes out. I just don't understand keeping TN around for 3 years. That guy was really, really bad at his job. Special Teams were comically bad, and he was absolutely dead weight on the recruiting trail. I just don't get it.

No good reason to keep Neinas around so long. None.

No good reason to keep Neinas around so long. None.
Made us appreciate therise even more.

james-franco-wink.gif

Back